Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Burton Albion at home?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Brian Murphy
9%
Cameron Coxe
47%
Bruno Manga
9%
Matthew Connolly
No votes
Jazz Richards
7%
Stuart O'Keefe
No votes
Greg Halford
2%
Matthew Kennedy
2%
Lee Tomlin
23%
Danny Ward
No votes
Omar Bogle
No votes
Anthony Pilkington (sub)
No votes
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (sub)
No votes
Loic Damour (sub)
No votes

Total votes : 43

VOTE " MOTM v Burton Albion (h) CARABAO CUP "

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Cardiff City lose for the first time this season and OUT of the Carabao Cup.

Who was your man of the match?

48 hours to vote.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: VOTE " MOTM v Burton Albion (h) CARABAO CUP "

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Tomlin made it look like an exhibition match at times.

I hope this inched him to full fitness, because he does give us craft and guile

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Coxe for me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Don't thing anyone really deserves it TBH was a shocking performance by virtually all the players. Mendez was good for the short amount of time he had would go for Tomlin I guess as he was the least shit. Ward and Kennedy were particulary crap and don't understand how people can vote for Coxe yes his first game but he was constantly getting skinned by Scannell.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Plumped for Cameron Coxe but thought Tomlin was amongst the best on the pitch too! :ayatollah:

Tactics (hoof the ball down Turner's throat and give away easy possession) seemed to be the order of the night and Burton did a job on us. Don't blame the effort of the City players but from where I was, Neil Warnock was clearly unhappy with some of them and (maybe more so) the referee. Clough and his team were laughing their socks off at some of the things he was saying to the (original) ref!

When Manga got hurt in the opposition penalty area, Warnock was none too impressed. As he went back to the halfway line ready to go back on, Neil Warnock simply looked at him and said "What were you doing up there?" :lol:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 am

Cameron Coxe :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:39 am

richards and manga both did better work defensively than coxe.

went with richards

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:19 am

I have come to the conclusion I see a different game to 90% of those who vote on this MoM, but Coxe ?????

Love having a kid step up, but MoM, no way. He didn't look like a deer in the headlights which was this game time was about.

Good to see Matthew Kennedys agent come on here... :o He was poor

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:22 am

paulh_85 wrote:richards and manga both did better work defensively than coxe.

went with richards

Thought Richards made some mistakes early on and one (I assume it was anyway) attempted back pass from the touchline nearly cost us the first goal. Improved as the game went on though and was one of our main attacking outlets late on :thumbup:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I have come to the conclusion I see a different game to 90% of those who vote on this MoM, but Coxe ?????

Love having a kid step up, but MoM, no way. He didn't look like a deer in the headlights which was this game time was about.

Good to see Matthew Kennedys agent come on here... :o He was poor

Have to agree cant see how anyone who actually went to the game is voting for Coxe he got skinned so many times, People just voting for him as hes a new face in the first team me thinks just like the people who kept raving about how good John was when he first started playing

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Couldn't agree more with the comment above. come looked nervous and got beat several times especially in the second half, he did look confident going forward though

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Coxe looked very promising, but was totally skinned several times by Scannell. Tomlin missed a couple of really good chances. Manga began shakily, but him and Murphy saved us from being hammered.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:01 pm

I can't believe coxe is wining people must of been watching a different game to me ,scannell done him a few times

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:I can't believe coxe is wining people must of been watching a different game to me ,scannell done him a few times

scannel switched sides in the first half because jazz was bossing him :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:00 pm

I wasn't at the game so can't vote, but most people I speak to have said Coxe struggled in the second half.

Looks like he's going to win this one. But perhaps due to the fact he's a player from the academy who got a first team game, rather than people thinking he was the best Cardiff City player on the pitch.

As I say, I won't vote as I wasn't there, but most reports suggest that the majority of the team played poorly and that Lee Tomlin provided the best Cardiff City performance.

But looks like Coxe will win this.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I wasn't at the game so can't vote, but most people I speak to have said Coxe struggled in the second half.

Looks like he's going to win this one. But perhaps due to the fact he's a player from the academy who got a first team game, rather than people thinking he was the best Cardiff City player on the pitch.

As I say, I won't vote as I wasn't there, but most reports suggest that the majority of the team played poorly and that Lee Tomlin provided the best Cardiff City performance.

But looks like Coxe will win this.

important not to judge him either way really. last thing i want is for him to have declan john syndrome where our fans think hes better than he is.