Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MATCH THREAD: " CARDIFF CITY v QPR " MATCH THREAD

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:00 pm

CARDIFF CITY v QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Saturday 26th August 2017, 3pm
SkyBet Championship
Cardiff City Stadium

Cardiff Team : Etheridge, Peltier, Morrison, Bampa,Bennett, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Damour, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett and Zohore.

Subs : Murphy, Richards, Manga, Halford, Ward, Tomlin and Bogle

800 QPR Fans approx coming.

PAY ON THE DAY :thumbright: :bluebird:

25/08/17

All fit to play tomorrow :thumbright:

Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Sean Morrison Sol Bamba Jazz Richards Joe Ralls Aron Gunnarsson Loic Damour Junior Hoilett Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Kenneth Zohore

Warnock says he has no new injury concerns ahead of QPR clash :thumbright: :ayatollah:

IMG_2271.JPG

About Queens Park Rangers

Queens Park Rangers Football Club (also known as QPR) is a professional association football club based in White City, London, that currently plays in the Championship, the second tier of English football. Their honours include the raising of the League Cup in 1967, as well as being champions of the Championship in 1983 and 2011. QPR were also triumphant in the 2013–14 Championship playoffs and were winners of the League One trophy in 1947–48 and 1966–67.

Queens Park Rangers were founded in 1886 after the merger of Christchurch Rangers and St. Judes Institute. In the early years after the club's formation in its original home of Queen's Park, London, they played their home games at many different grounds, until finally the club settled into its current location at Loftus Road.

Owing to their proximity to other west London clubs, QPR maintain long-standing rivalries with several other clubs in the area. The most notable of these are Chelsea, Fulham and Brentford, of whom they contest what are known as West London Derbies.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Peltier, Morrison, Bamba, Richards, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Damour, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Zohore

Queens Park Rangers: Smithies, Perch, Onuoha, Baptiste, Bidwell, Scowan, Lua Lua, Luongo, Freeman, Washington, Mackie

Form - Last Three Games

Cardiff City 1-2 Burton Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 2-0 Sheffield United

Queens Park Rangers 1-4 Brentford
Queens Park Rangers 2-1 Hull City
Norwich City 2-0 Queens Park Rangers

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 4/5
Queens Park Rangers - 15/4
Draw - 12/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:

Don't forget to vote for your Man of the Match after the game. That poll will be posted on this forum at full time :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS " CARDIFF CITY v QPR " MATCH THREAD

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:35 am

Back to the important stuff back to winning ways 3-1 city :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:28 am

Don't think it'll be as easy as people think - 1 -0 city or 1-1. They are not a bad side! :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:30 am

City 3 QPR 0 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 am

What stands out and is really special about QPR is that they have nobody special !! No stars -

Just honest players.

On paper I would not pick one single player to even make our bench.

On paper we should win -

But the game is played on grass. They are a hard working, organized and disciplined team who will get stuck in - a typical Holloway team.

As a Warnock team we have all these attributes but on top of that we are fitter, quicker, more skillful and can vary our game.

They play a typical wing-back formation and their 3 center backs are in their early 30s - so our non stop running and probing may pay dividends especially towards the end.

My big nightmare is if our players start thinking they are big time charlies and become cocky and complacent .

I believe/hope Warnock will hammer this point down their throat and keep their feet firmly on the ground.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:37 am

Never predict but after the Championship start we've had, I would be massively disappointed if we don't come out of the game maintaining our 100% record and (thankfully) Neil Warnock will drum the QPR threat into his players whilst reminding them of their own positive capabilities :thumbup:

Looking forward to this one and hoping City fans turn out in force! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 am

Vince Alm:

"Crowd looking a bit embarrassing for Saturday! ticket sales are slow, top of the league 4 straight wins playing some good stuff I really thought fans will be knocking down the door! "

"Yet all I see on facebook is everyone talking about that Pantomime over hyped clash, of one ex world class boxer V a non boxer joke. We will be the laughing stock of the football league. Far more entertaining than a WWE type staged boxing bout. Come on get down support the boys they have earned it!!!!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vince Alm:

"Crowd looking a bit embarrassing for Saturday! ticket sales are slow, top of the league 4 straight wins playing some good stuff I really thought fans will be knocking down the door! "

"Yet all I see on facebook is everyone talking about that Pantomime over hyped clash, of one ex world class boxer V a non boxer joke. We will be the laughing stock of the football league. Far more entertaining than a WWE type staged boxing bout. Come on get down support the boys they have earned it!!!!

It is embarrising if the crowd isn't 20k plus including away fans! Look at the start weve had! Before the start of the season I was just hoping that we could win 1 or 2 of our first four games let alone win them all! Come on guys! Let's get behind the team, it'll make a big difference. If things take a turn and we lose some games - then to the fans that don't go - don't complain! You have no right to complain if you don't show up once in a while at the least (excluding people who can't get there due to poor health or can't afford it).

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:11 pm

What's the solution to increase the crowd numbers

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:46 pm

rossblue wrote:What's the solution to increase the crowd numbers

Don't know about home, but away from home it would be to make it easier to get a ticket. When I was younger we would often decide at the last moment in the pub on a Friday night to go. Now as most games you cant pay on the day you have to plan the thing up to a week in advance. Wolves was typical. We decided on Thurdsay in the pub to go. So I had to collect everyones season tickets the following day and drive into Cardiff on Friday to pick up tickets. I can take the time off as I am self employed but not everyone is able to do.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Yeah I agree, away matches could be made easier to buy tickets for. Perhaps the club could do £10 membership for everyone. The flex tickets could include the membership allowing people to attend away matches.

The home match attendance is a difficult one. I firmly believe that it'll come with success...(if we are top in October for example and the stadium will fill up. But that's a big ask from a club that hasn't spent an awful lots compared with some other clubs. There's definitely an increase in the crowd numbers so far - you can see it so perhaps lots of people are doing membership or flex tickets. I think the free tickets to different schools is a great idea and it gets the youngsters interested at an early age - or tickets for £2 per child etc. I wonder whether putting banners up around the city centre would be a good idea? Perhaps the club logo or some of the players with the ticket office number on the board! Any advertising boards would do!

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 pm

I'll be there along with my entire clan. can't wait

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Yeah I agree, away matches could be made easier to buy tickets for. Perhaps the club could do £10 membership for everyone. The flex tickets could include the membership allowing people to attend away matches.

The home match attendance is a difficult one. I firmly believe that it'll come with success...(if we are top in October for example and the stadium will fill up. But that's a big ask from a club that hasn't spent an awful lots compared with some other clubs. There's definitely an increase in the crowd numbers so far - you can see it so perhaps lots of people are doing membership or flex tickets. I think the free tickets to different schools is a great idea and it gets the youngsters interested at an early age - or tickets for £2 per child etc. I wonder whether putting banners up around the city centre would be a good idea? Perhaps the club logo or some of the players with the ticket office number on the board! Any advertising boards would do!

Good shout on the away tickets, I want to go to a few this season , the ones which are near me, villa wolves Birmingham Derby reading etc. But you need a special membership. A home game costs me about 70 quid if we stop at kfc and including fuel. So that's quite a lot , especially to some people. A few ideas that clubs have tried (with a bit of success) is to give fans with tickets free parking (first come first serve) and any family ticket come with a free beer voucher, free cheap souvenirs given to kids on the gate, make the family ticket for 2 adults and 3 kids and kids with adults for 1 pound. Allthings which might help in the immediate. But nethertheless nothing will help without adequate advertising. I walked around Cardiff last Tuesday before the Sheffield game and saw just ONE Cardiff city fc advert and it was just a picture of warnock. Surely we can advertise to the schools and universities in the area. Being an NHS student nurse I get to work in several different hospitals and one barrier is the resentment that the club doesn't offer NHS staff discount such as most clubs do. I know all the things Iv mentioned won't make us sell out week in week out but with crowds you have to play the long game.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:City 3 QPR 0 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wow I certainly hope so, would be 4 straight wins for me and my little ones this season.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:24 pm

this will be tough game , think we may just shade it by the odd goal

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:05 am

rossblue wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Yeah I agree, away matches could be made easier to buy tickets for. Perhaps the club could do £10 membership for everyone. The flex tickets could include the membership allowing people to attend away matches.

Good shout on the away tickets, I want to go to a few this season , the ones which are near me, villa wolves Birmingham Derby reading etc. But you need a special membership. A home game costs me about 70 quid if we stop at kfc and including fuel. So that's quite a lot , especially to some people. A few ideas that clubs have tried (with a bit of success) is to give fans with tickets free parking (first come first serve) and any family ticket come with a free beer voucher, free cheap souvenirs given to kids on the gate, make the family ticket for 2 adults and 3 kids and kids with adults for 1 pound. Allthings which might help in the immediate. But nethertheless nothing will help without adequate advertising. I walked around Cardiff last Tuesday before the Sheffield game and saw just ONE Cardiff city fc advert and it was just a picture of warnock. Surely we can advertise to the schools and universities in the area. Being an NHS student nurse I get to work in several different hospitals and one barrier is the resentment that the club doesn't offer NHS staff discount such as most clubs do. I know all the things Iv mentioned won't make us sell out week in week out but with crowds you have to play the long game.

i dont want to sound like a killjoy... but perhaps dont stop at kfc if money is an issue.

i mean, your talking about all these offers and freebies the club can give you and people like you, but throw 15/20 up the wall on chicken

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 am

Cardiff City will hope to make it five wins from five when they host Ian Holloway's Queens Park Rangers in the Welsh capital on Saturday afternoon.

The Rs have enjoyed a solid start themselves, but Neil Warnock will be eager to get one over his former club to ensure the Bluebirds remain at the summit of the Championship table going into the international break.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:21 am

Warnock says he has no new injury concerns ahead of QPR clash.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:21 am

All fit to play tomorrow :thumbright:

Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Sean Morrison Sol Bamba Jazz Richards Joe Ralls Aron Gunnarsson Loic Damour Junior Hoilett Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Kenneth Zohore

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:27 am

Plus all fit :thumbright:

Brian Murphy, Bruno Manga Greg Halford Matthew Kennedy Lee Tomlin Danny Ward Omar Bogle

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:46 am

paulh_85 wrote:
rossblue wrote:

i dont want to sound like a killjoy... but perhaps dont stop at kfc if money is an issue.

i mean, your talking about all these offers and freebies the club can give you and people like you, but throw 15/20 up the wall on chicken

But I attend games mate, the offers wouldn't be to entice me to go, il be going regardless. It's to encourage others. The kfc is my choice because I can afford it, my point is that for some it could be too pricey.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:07 pm

QPR have sold 700-800, disappointing

They can pay on the day

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:20 pm

rossblue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
rossblue wrote:

But I attend games mate, the offers wouldn't be to entice me to go, il be going regardless. It's to encourage others. The kfc is my choice because I can afford it, my point is that for some it could be too pricey.

well you've got to enjoy something in life! Let's face it before Warnock arrived the last few seasons have been awful down there :D Infact I'm sure it's why I've put on weight because all I did was eat During the matches as I was so bored and depressed at times. Don't get me wrong slade did an ok job and it started to improve but geez whiz before him I could have slept through a match! Lol :) If you wanna spend £20 on KFC each time then go for it.....and it would be fab for the club to give a few freebies away once in a while and offers etc. I spend approx £1250 plus a year on supporting Cardiff city including ST merchandise away tickets, travel and food. I'm still waiting to win a dominoes pizza though at half time :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:44 pm

I have a bad feeling about this one! Hope I am wrong!

Heart says 3-1 City :ayatollah:

Head says 2-1 QPR :(

We cannot win them all.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:35 am

Bluebirds :bluebird:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:43 am

Anyone have an update on tickets sold for today? I know there were posts stating it was low a few days ago. :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Cardiff Team : Etheridge, Peltier, Morrison, Bampa,Bennett, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Damour, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett and Zohore.

Subs : Murphy, Richards, Manga, Halford, Ward, Tomlin and Bogle

Re: MATCH THREAD: " CARDIFF CITY v QPR " MATCH THREAD

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Matt Smith gone down trying to get Peltier booked, smacks of desperation to me! :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Holliet is up for this and wins us a throw. I don't think they will be able to shut us out and will need to score a couple at least to beat us! :bluebird:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Bugger!

1.0 QPR. :(