Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Horrendous

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Horrendous team performance only matched by a horrendous team selection but the real worry for me is strength in depth, if a few of our first team get long term injuries we could be in trouble

Re: Horrendous

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 pm

I don't think the selection was horrendous, maybe the game plan. Kicking it long to Ben Turner ( i guess it was aimed a Danny Ward) was a bit one sided.

The crowd tells you where this competition is in our thoughts.

No one injured, game time for Connollly & Tomlin. I feel for any CM partnered with Halford in this set up. I appreciate what Halford does or can do, but as one of the two in a 4231 or 442 whatever it was is not his game. I think that O'Keefe just doesn't cover the ground enough for Warnock.

The new lad looked like a L1 player, his touch just wasn't there but i doubt he has had much football either, so it was good to see him. Kennedy just doesn't look athletic enough to be a Warnock player and Danny Ward is a trier ( and we love a trier)

I said in another thread i think Warnock was trying to prove to the powers that he needs another genuine CM to push or cover the other three.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:02 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I don't think the selection was horrendous, maybe the game plan. Kicking it long to Ben Turner ( i guess it was aimed a Danny Ward) was a bit one sided.

No one injured, game time for Connollly & Tomlin. I feel for any CM partnered with Halford in this set up. I appreciate what Halford does or can do, but as one of the two in a 4231 or 442 whatever it was is not his game. I think that O'Keefe just doesn't cover the ground enough for Warnock.

The new lad looked like a L1 player, his touch just wasn't there but i doubt he has had much football either, so it was good to see him. Kennedy just doesn't look athletic enough to be a Warnock player and Danny Ward is a trier ( and we love a trier)

I said in another thread i think Warnock was trying to prove to the powers that he needs another genuine CM to push or cover the other three.

He needs more than a central midfielder,he needs a quality striker,the depth in our striking department is simply not there

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 pm

I did'nt turn up tonight as I'm not interested in this competition, and it sounds as if our players felt the same way.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I did'nt turn up tonight as I'm not interested in this competition, and it sounds as if our players felt the same way.

Last minute decision from me as it was a warm evening....I even left with 5 mins to go as i parked in Asda...I always stay to the player leave the pitch.

I don't think the player lacked effort, but our tactics were a bit suspect.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:22 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I don't think the selection was horrendous, maybe the game plan. Kicking it long to Ben Turner ( i guess it was aimed a Danny Ward) was a bit one sided.

Just one little nugget tonight.....Cameron Coxe!
:thumbup:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 pm

you throw 11 players together based on who needs games .and who hasnt got a nigle and the result can be anything.
a few points.
there is no team in this division { if any team at all } that can make 10 changes and it be seemless.
squad players are there as cover therefore will not be used onblock. they will fill gaps 1, 2 or 3 at a time maybe, with better players around them...many of tonights players have already ..stepped in and done a good job.
and i doubt very much any of these players think tonights performance will have in influence on team selection Saturday.