Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Strength in depth

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 pm

No strength in depth I hear the usual suspects mutter as a full reserve team gets beat, granted we need a CM and joe Ledley would be perfect and for no other reason than he can slot in to a gunners or ralls position when the injuries and suspensions hit.

Yes we probably need a striker, but for those who thought a team with 11 changes and little first team football were going to just brush another championship side away then your living in cookooo land.

We have more than adequate cover at full backs, centre back and on the wings. We seen on Tuesday against shef Utd how good some changes can be and it doesn't disrupt the whole team and then you seen at wolves the freshness from those rested.

I totally agree with all the changes tonight, qpr and the championship is far more important and those who played however good or bad have another game under the belt.

Why some people have such negative opinions is beyond at times, yes we have different views and opinions and rightly so but honestly you can't make it up sometimes.

Enjoy the best I seen city since DJ and that had a downside. These boys are he real deal. :thumbup:

Re: Strength in depth

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Stringfellow wrote:No strength in depth I hear the usual suspects mutter as a full reserve team gets beat, granted we need a CM and joe Ledley would be perfect and for no other reason than he can slot in to a gunners or ralls position when the injuries and suspensions hit.

Yes we probably need a striker, but for those who thought a team with 11 changes and little first team football were going to just brush another championship side away then your living in cookooo land.

We have more than adequate cover at full backs, centre back and on the wings. We seen on Tuesday against shef Utd how good some changes can be and it doesn't disrupt the whole team and then you seen at wolves the freshness from those rested.

I totally agree with all the changes tonight, qpr and the championship is far more important and those who played however good or bad have another game under the belt.

Why some people have such negative opinions is beyond at times, yes we have different views and opinions and rightly so but honestly you can't make it up sometimes.

Enjoy the best I seen city since DJ and that had a downside. These boys are he real deal. :thumbup:

agree totally
will add i cant remember the last time we fielded a decent team at this stage of the lge cup...most clubs do the same and therefore its proper hit and miss if you progress.
tonight might be a blessing in disguise