Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why all gloom and doom

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 pm

I'm for one am glad we're out of this rubbish cup the less games the better

Re: Why all gloom and doom

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 am

Wasn't great, most didn't seem too interested.. think the players felt the same as the fans.. not really bothered.
Hard to judge award as no real service. Can't read anything into this game.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:38 am

footiexmadx wrote:I'm for one am glad we're out of this rubbish cup the less games the better

There's two types of people in life, the glass half empty and the glass half full people, I'm a glass half full person and am looking forward to the big game on Sat.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:50 am

I don't think there is gloom & doom, I don't think there are not many who care.

I went hoping to see one of the guys I didn't know a lot about really take my eye and fill me with hope that we have a few squad players pushing their way into first team selection. That is where my "disappointment" lies

Bruno & Jazz we know about and they were fine. As long as they were not injured it was cool.
Connolly is a trusted back up, I knew that, looked rusty but very dependable
Danny Ward will give us 100% but whether he is a championship centre forward is still debatable, wide forward he may do a decent job
Bogle - played wide I thought he was a centre forward, was this because Warnock gave the 9 jersey to Ward and wants to show us he is ?
Kennedy - I'll never be convinced he is athletic and just direct enough for a Warnock team
Tomlin - Almost a circus act with his skill set but I don't see how he fits into a 433 but at home it does look like its going to be 4231 so he is fine
Coxe looked like a kid making the step up, but was happy with him.
Halford - Is not a starting CM or DM, he can fill lots of roles from the bench and Warnock wins a lot of games from the bench so we know about him. He has never let us down though.
O'Keefe - the biggest disappointment. In a 4231 you are never going to be on the front foot in the midfield battle, but so far Gunners and Ralls have held their own outnumbered, then the four attacking players can do their stuff. I came away from that game thinking he doesn't have it in his locker to do that role.