Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The squad

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:20 am

Personally I believe To win the league you need strength in depth or a very lucky season in terms of little injuries and a team that just click and give all for the manager and fans etc.

To make a play off push you need a good group of players in your first team with some good back-ups.

Not many people at the start and I for one never believe that we will go up automatically anyway - that has never been my thoughts but to finish in the top 8 are my expectations with perhaps a real go at getting in the top 6. That's always been my personal expectations and they won't change. I believe we are good enough for the latter. I'm glad we are out of the league cup as we don't need it as a distraction - let's kick on in the league and see where we can go. Our first team players ( as in the ones picked regularly for the league matches) are good enough IMO and the back up players will only cover in small amounts for example you may need 2 back ups but you won't be using all 11 at the same time. we only lost 2-1 to a gutsy team that is actually heard to beat despite that fact they may go down. I don't really know what people expect - to win every single match we play league or cup during the season start to finish? You'll be very disappointed if you believe that will happen. In summary I think our players are good enough to get into the top 8 (hopefully top 6) and anything better will be a phenomal achievement. Let's just enjoy where the team are at the moment because it.l boost their confidence.