Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DECLAN JOHN!?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:46 am

No place for him in last nights selection, any idea on what's happening with him?

Loaning him? Selling him? ... :bluebird:

Re: DECLAN JOHN!?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:58 pm

He will be off I would hope.

Isnt and was never good enough, the only hype came because he was welsh, never understood it.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Several players leaning up against the 'Exit' door at the moment and Declan being squashed up against Noone. Sadly, currently no one on the other side to turn the key but we are told the locksmith is on his way and expected before the end of August!

Not sure about Declan but Nooney still being linked in some places to Burton but (not for the first time in recent times) City will need to 'do a deal' to off-set his wages over the remaining term of his City contract :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:00 pm

I doubt he will have many suitors from even league 1 TBH and clubs from league 2 will not wont to pay much for him or his wages. How long does he have left on his contract with us? As cant really see him going anywhere permentaly TBH unless we cancelled his contract maybe he will get a loan away this season.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:43 pm

I absolutely wished he return to the Squad, as he and Noone should off played, they would off won us the game

Declan John is good enough for the Championship
Craig Noone is good enough for the Championship

I really hope both stays, BUT that said if they are to leave the club then I hope they get into a Championship club maybe Bristol City, Norwich for Noone, or maybe Sheffield United for Declan John?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I absolutely wished he return to the Squad, as he and Noone should off played, they would off won us the game

I really hope both stays, BUT that said if they are to leave the club then I hope they get into a Championship club maybe Bristol City, Norwich for Noone, or maybe Sheffield United for Declan John?

Sam, sorry but I can't agree with you here! Declan was a talent who never lived up to his potential and was a little exposed in the Premier League because of his ineptitude up the field. I used to go nuts because of the regularity with which he needlessly gave the ball away or turned promising attack into frantic defence! I wish him well but he's lost his way at the CCS :(

As for Noone, he blows hot and cold and is sadly more cold than hot in recent times, which is a shame because we all wanted him to do well for the Bluebirds! ;)

I wish both all the very best in their future careers but (as Neil Warnock says) they may be better finding a fresh challenge elsewhere! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:03 am

Sven wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:I absolutely wished he return to the Squad, as he and Noone should off played, they would off won us the game

Sam, sorry but I can't agree with you here! Declan was a talent who never lived up to his potential and was a little exposed in the Premier League because of his ineptitude up the field. I used to go nuts because of the regularity with which he needlessly gave the ball away or turned promising attack into frantic defence! I wish him well but he's lost his way at the CCS :(

As for Noone, he blows hot and cold and is sadly more cold than hot in recent times, which is a shame because we all wanted him to do well for the Bluebirds! ;)

I wish both all the very best in their future careers but (as Neil Warnock says) they may be better finding a fresh challenge elsewhere! :ayatollah:

Yeah I guess, it will be sad to see Declan John go as he is Welsh, maybe just loan him out or something

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:43 pm

I don't care what nationality a player is so long as he is good enough, sadly Declan is not.