' Neil Warnock Wants Midfield Player '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:39 am

Neil Warnock wants one more player to supplement Cardiff City squad before transfer window shuts

By Dominic Booth

Wednesday 23rd August 2017

Neil Warnock will try and sign a central midfielder on-loan before the transfer window closes as he finalises his Cardiff City squad for the season.

The Bluebirds boss watched a second string Cardiff side exit the Carabao Cup with a 2-1 loss to Burton Albion.

And he admitted there will be more transfer activity between now and the August 31 deadline, noting that his squad is short of depth in the middle of the park.

"I'm trying to get somebody on loan later on, just a last-minute job on loan, in midfield," he said.

"Just in case if we lose Gunnars (Aron Gunnarsson) and Rallsy (Joe Ralls]) we've only got Loic [Damour] up our sleeve really.

"I think we need another one. I know Greg (Halford) can play there, but we need another body in there as well.

"So if two or three of our lads leave, I think we need another one."

"You could see how reliant we are on the midfield we've got," added Warnock, who then revealed there would be departures towards the end of the window.

Craig Noone, Declan John and Stuart O'Keefe have been linked with moves away from Cardiff City Stadium, while the peripheral Anthony Pilkington got on the scoresheet with a consolation effort against Burton.

Warnock said: "There's been one or two enquiries but it will all be last minute jobs on deadline day, everything will be happening."
Attachments
WarnockBA.jpg
WarnockBA.jpg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 7763 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Neil Warnock Wants Midfield Player '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:44 am

Neil Warnock: Cardiff City boss wants loan midfielder

BBC

Wednesday 23rd August 2017

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock hopes to sign a midfielder on loan before the transfer window shuts on 31 August.

Striker Omar Bogle, who made his debut in Tuesday's 2-1 EFL Cup loss to Burton, became Cardiff's eighth summer signing when he joined from Wigan.

Warnock aims to offload some players before the deadline passes, but is also in the market for one more addition.

"I'm trying to get somebody on loan later on, just a last-minute job on loan, in midfield," Warnock said.

"Just in case if we lose Gunar [Aron Gunnarsson] and Rallsy [Joe Ralls], we've only got Loic [Damour] up our sleeve really.

"I think we need another one. I know Greg [Halford] can play there, but we need another body in there as well.

"So if two or three of our lads leave, I think we need another one."

With four wins from the Bluebirds' first four league games of the season, Warnock demonstrated where his priorities lay by making 10 changes from Saturday's 2-1 win at Wolves.

Although Cardiff suffered a first defeat of the season against Burton Albion, Warnock is happy that the Championship leaders can concentrate on the league.

"Fortunately we're not in a cup now until the FA Cup [in January] so we can concentrate on the league," he said.

Winger Craig Noone and left-back Declan John were not involved having both been told they can leave the club.
Attachments
_97486730_warnock2_huw.jpg
_97486730_warnock2_huw.jpg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 7705 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby vietaff » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:04 am

No loan player needed....go bring Joe Ledley home, experienced player and we know what he's capable of. Be a great sub as and when needed and if was required to fill in due to injury or suspension he'd do a job
vietaff

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:28 am

vietaff wrote:No loan player needed....go bring Joe Ledley home, experienced player and we know what he's capable of. Be a great sub as and when needed and if was required to fill in due to injury or suspension he'd do a job

yeah we know what hes capable of which means we shouldnt sign him
paulh_85

Postby Alan_in_China » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:43 am

vietaff wrote:No loan player needed....go bring Joe Ledley home, experienced player and we know what he's capable of. Be a great sub as and when needed and if was required to fill in due to injury or suspension he'd do a job

Ledley would be coming to us for his own convenience and because a pay-cheque from us is better than no pay-cheque at all. I think Warnock would see through that.
Alan_in_China

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 am

im guessing he will be on 15K atleast. The problem is at that wage i don't want someone filling in when needed.
i would rather have someone who can push for a first place every week.

If Ledley wanted under 10K a week. i'd sign him up no problem, but we know that wont be the case.
bluebird7291

Postby Bluesman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 am

"DONT WANT LEDLEY BACK" Cardiff City Traitor :wave:
Bluesman

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 am

Ledley on a free is a no brainer! Has to be reasonable wages so 15k a week should be made as a deal! A loan fee and wages would have to be made anyway! Ledley is still a good player
boyo1927

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:05 am

boyo1927 wrote:Ledley on a free is a no brainer! Has to be reasonable wages so 15k a week should be made as a deal! A loan fee and wages would have to be made anyway! Ledley is still a good player

£15kpw is a reasonable wage for a player who will fill in because of injuries or suspensions? :shock:

Half that amount and you have a reasonable wage. :D
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bonner » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:25 am

No for Ledley... rather we sign a player who wants to come here for the football, rather than sign a player who wants to come here as it is convenient for him.
Bonner

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:26 am

Bonner wrote:No for Ledley... rather we sign a player who wants to come here for the football, rather than sign a player who wants to come here as it is convenient for him.

did you hold that view when it was bellamy though? :lol:
paulh_85

Postby Howieblue » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:49 am

You can all say what you want Ledley left us in the shit when we needed him,if he left and we made some money great but he didnt he run his contract down and he left,if he was 10 yrs younger still a big no your not coming back.
Howieblue

Postby Bonner » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:58 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Bonner wrote:No for Ledley... rather we sign a player who wants to come here for the football, rather than sign a player who wants to come here as it is convenient for him.

Totally different, Bellamy was still not far off top his game, a number of prem clubs would of loved to have him...
Bonner

Postby Blue_Barber » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:20 pm

I like Ledley, but I don't think he's the answer. I'd love an up and coming prem talent for the season on loan, but what happended to Charlie Adam?! Surely we could get him on a decent wage plus he'd be completion not just a back up?!
Blue_Barber

Postby Sven » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:

Ledley would be coming to us for his own convenience and because a pay-cheque from us is better than no pay-cheque at all. I think Warnock would see through that.

Alan, you are spot-on and I hope you are right (on Neil Warnock seeing through him) although I believe he simply doesn't 'fit' the manager's preferred style. We wouldn't look at him twice if he wasn't from The 'Diff! :ayatollah:

This is rapidly turning into 'The Joe Ledley Show' and I'm with those who think he has mis-calculated his worth in the current transfer market. Like the very fortunate Hal Robson-Kanu, he bid his time, looked around but no one offered the money he thought he was worth and now it appears (if stories are correct) that he's trying to plump for the 'convenient' option of the club nearest to his new home! :roll:

To my mind, if he was even loosely in the thoughts of our manager, he wouldn't be training with (no disrespect to them) Barry Town right now! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Bonner wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Totally different, Bellamy was still not far off top his game, a number of prem clubs would of loved to have him...

Yes, and on the second occasion Craig Bellamy delivered the goods and (something I believe Joe Ledley will one day regret, if he doesn't already) was part of delivering his hometown club Cardiff City's history making dream promotion to the Premier League!

Craig Bellamy is (for me at least) a City legend for that alone! :thumbup: :notworthy:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Go get Ben Watson
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby castleblue » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm

In my opinion NW has done a fantastic job during this summers transfer window as he has transformed the team on the pitch and the quality available to him. But we should remember this is still only his 2nd transfer window as our manager so it's no surprise to me that he may want a "Loan" midfielder as a 'Just In Case' addition to the squad.

If we are still in the mix come January expect him to make further additions as he reforms the squad to fully reflect a good NW team. If last night showed anything is demonstrated we are not quite there yet.

I do think he should offer Joe Ledley a short term contract until Christmas to see if he can contribute, if not Joe I expect an unattached player or two to join even after the window closes.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby City Slicker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 pm

castleblue wrote:In my opinion NW has done a fantastic job during this summers transfer window as he has transformed the team on the pitch and the quality available to him. But we should remember this is still only his 2nd transfer window as our manager so it's no surprise to me that he may want a "Loan" midfielder as a 'Just In Case' addition to the squad.

If we are still in the mix come January expect him to make further additions as he reforms the squad to fully reflect a good NW team. If last night showed anything is demonstrated we are not quite there yet.

I do think he should offer Joe Ledley a short term contract until Christmas to see if he can contribute, if not Joe I expect an unattached player or two to join even after the window closes.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I'm sure Warnock knows what he needs and if he doesn't get the missing piece of the jigsaw next week then he will in January.
City Slicker

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:40 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

yeah we know what hes capable of which means we shouldnt sign him

Exactly. He certainly would'nt be adding to the pace of our midfield. If he was any good there would be a queue of clubs busting a gut to get his signature, and he would'nt be training with Barry Town as has been reported.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Blue_Barber » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Diego Poyet got his man there
Blue_Barber

Postby Valley Lad » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Sven wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:

Alan, you are spot-on and I hope you are right (on Neil Warnock seeing through him) although I believe he simply doesn't 'fit' the manager's preferred style. We wouldn't look at him twice if he wasn't from The 'Diff! :ayatollah:

This is rapidly turning into 'The Joe Ledley Show' and I'm with those who think he has mis-calculated his worth in the current transfer market. Like the very fortunate Hal Robson-Kanu, he bid his time, looked around but no one offered the money he thought he was worth and now it appears (if stories are correct) that he's trying to plump for the 'convenient' option of the club nearest to his new home! :roll:

To my mind, if he was even loosely in the thoughts of our manager, he wouldn't be training with (no disrespect to them) Barry Town right now! :ayatollah:

I can confirm that Ledley isn't and never has been training with Barry Town :thumbup:
Valley Lad

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:47 am

Valley Lad wrote:
Sven wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:

I can confirm that Ledley isn't and never has been training with Barry Town :thumbup:

Noted (and a little surprised given where it came from) :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Salty68 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:14 am

I'd like to see Snodgrass here, not wanted by the Hammers.
Salty68

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:17 am

Salty68 wrote:I'd like to see Snodgrass here, not wanted by the Hammers.

I said this a few days ago but someone did mention where would he fit in?
He isn't quick enough for the game we are currently playing, sadly!
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat