Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" My Opinion/View of City's Opponents QPR "

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:34 am

What stands out and is really special about QPR is that they have nobody special !! No stars -

Just honest players.

On paper I would not pick one single player to even make our bench.

On paper we should win -

But the game is played on grass. They are a hard working, organized and disciplined team who will get stuck in - a typical Holloway team.

As a Warnock team we have all these attributes but on top of that we are fitter, quicker, more skillful and can vary our game.

They play a typical wing-back formation and their 3 center backs are in their early 30s - so our non stop running and probing may pay dividends especially towards the end.

My big nightmare is if our players start thinking they are big time charlies and become cocky and complacent .

I believe/hope Warnock will hammer this point down their throat and keep their feet firmly on the ground.

Opinions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " My Opinion/View of City's Opponents QPR "

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:35 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187445 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:What stands out and is really special about QPR is that they have nobody special !! No stars -

Just honest players.

On paper we should win -

But the game is played on grass. They are a hard working, organized and disciplined team who will get stuck in - a typical Holloway team.

As a Warnock team we have all these attributes but on top of that we are fitter, quicker, more skillful and can vary our game.

They play a typical wing-back formation and their 3 center backs are in their early 30s - so our non stop running and probing may pay dividends especially towards the end.

My big nightmare is if our players start thinking they are big time charlies and become cocky and complacent .

I believe/hope Warnock will hammer this point down their throat and keep their feet firmly on the ground. Opinions?

Good point but I think last night's result might help to keep them more anchored to reality.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 am

A loss should do them good (last night), even if they didnt play the first team. However, wouldnt be surprised to see Holloway invite us into their half with 10 guys behind the ball...

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 pm

I'll tell you what!!

Holloway will be fuming that we lost last night as he knows the game will be that little bit harder now?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I'll tell you what!!

Holloway will be fuming that we lost last night as he knows the game will be that little bit harder now?

Yep! Great Karl, innit?! :thumbright: :clap: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What stands out and is really special about QPR is that they have nobody special !! No stars -

Just honest players.

On paper we should win -

I believe/hope Warnock will hammer this point down their throat and keep their feet firmly on the ground.

Opinions?

Opinion is exactly as you put on this one, and not just qpr but your always close to a defeat in the championship no matter how good you are. We seen it with Newcastle last season but it's how you react, we all know we will taste defeat sooner rather than later and have an off game but am hoping it will come further down the line.

Forget your villas and shef Utd, for me sat was as complete a performance I have seen in many a year.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Do you play Tomlin and Richards to unlock the defence? Surely Bennett will come back in. :thumbup:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:21 pm

You wouldnt have one player in our bench? :?

I mean they have many players I would have over some of our subs Connor Washington for a start.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 pm

All this cheap season tickets it's cost me 350 that is not cheap! Bradford charge adults 150 that's cheap had we even gone to 200 I think at least 6 of people I know would have got one for sure!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:14 pm

boyo1927 wrote:All this cheap season tickets it's cost me 350 that is not cheap! Bradford charge adults 150 that's cheap had we even gone to 200 I think at least 6 of people I know would have got one for sure!

200 is less than league 2 clubs be realistic

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:16 pm

boyo1927 wrote:All this cheap season tickets it's cost me 350 that is not cheap! Bradford charge adults 150 that's cheap had we even gone to 200 I think at least 6 of people I know would have got one for sure!

Newport 300 a season
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 pm

£15.22 for 23 games is pretty cheap in my book; particularly if the team give us something to aim for this season!

Sounds like you and your friends want something for nothing, as a season ticket is by far the most affordable way of watching...or is it yet another original addition to the 'Reasons NOT to follow City' book? :?

Quoting you from another thread: "I was at wolves and will be at Fulham and of course, home League games! It could have been free and I was not bothered last night!"

City 'til I die? Hmmm ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Have to agree, while they might not be expensive they are certainly not cheap enough to get the floating fans back. You need the floating fans and those who know they will miss some games to still want to buy a season ticket. It hasn't happened.
Then if they don't buy season tickets a lot of people think about going to games and say they might but often don't get around to it.

What other clubs charge is irrelevant, different areas and different fan bases, the club need to cater to ours and for the average standard guy/woman the price is just not tempting and season ticket sales show that.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 am

2blue2handle wrote:

Have to agree, while they might not be expensive they are certainly not cheap enough to get the floating fans back. You need the floating fans and those who know they will miss some games to still want to buy a season ticket. It hasn't happened.
Then if they don't buy season tickets a lot of people think about going to games and say they might but often don't get around to it.

What other clubs charge is irrelevant, different areas and different fan bases, the club need to cater to ours and for the average standard guy/woman the price is just not tempting and season ticket sales show that.

Luke, surely the disappointment of our failure in the Premier League and the fodder that has been served up in the last couple of seasons is a bigger factor?

We know City fans are traditionally fickle by nature but most had no problem paying in that season and the ones leading up to it when they knew there were incentives, e.g. the Ambassador Membership, FA and League Cup Finals, etc.?

As an aside, I hope all is good with you out there? :ayatollah: