Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " WE HAVE RAISED THE BAR "

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 am

MY VIEW/OPINION

"WE HAVE RAISED THE BAR " and need 2 more cover players :

By winning the 1st 4 games and the way we won them and the high quality of so many players has rightly raised our expectations.

We have raised the bar to the highest level which we must now live up to.

We have a great team and quite a lot of cover-

However there are 2 cover positions where I have serious concerns : (1) centre of midfield - Gunnarson , Ralls and Damour are fine -

But who is the cover? Halford , O'keefe ? (2) the tall strong and prolific striker to cover for Zohore. I only wish the best for Bogle but I have doubts that he can perform at this level (Championship promotion) - if we stick with him we will be taking an unwise risk. Why risk ?

Conclusion: Warnock has one week to fill those 2 positions IF POSSIBLE. The loan system will not solve the problem because a loanee -if good enough - is expected to play.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW " WE HAVE RAISED THE BAR "

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:17 am

Warnock rates bogle, that's good enough for me.

I think people are overreactinf after last night, 10 changes were made Remeber. If any one or two of them came into the first team they would do a good job.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:21 am

Sign Ledley. Can only make the team better with more experience. Let him compete with Gunners and Joe every week in training, it'll only make them better.
Striker wise, cant see it happening myself. Unless we sold Zohore. Feel like he's fine with Tomlin, Bogle. I'd personally rather see us get a wing back/full back cover for Peltier and Bennett.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:31 am

Definitely need cover in central midfield. Another striker would be nice also.
But these are probably the most expensive places to fill.
I agree a club would expect any YOUNG player they loaned to play , otherwise what's the point of loaning them.
So that would leave us with older players not wanted by their clubs and running down their contracts.
Similar to Noone and O'Keefe with us.
Ben Gibson would be good if his wages were reasonable, even Joe Ledley again on a reasonable wage (a lot less than 10k)
Its a tricky predicament to be in , but good also because if we hadn't made the start we have, this wouldn't be an issue.
So I agree the bar as definitely been raised, and what a nice feeling it is.
Neil Warnock has really giving the club the feel good factor, which should attract better players to the club, and long may it continue.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:59 am

I am sure NW already has his man or men lined up!

They will be squad men possibly the boy Power from Wigan?

As far as Ledley hmm well he'd be in the side on experience alone, funny all quiet on his front and will need games to get fit.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:01 am

KavanaghsGreyHair wrote:Sign Ledley. Can only make the team better with more experience. Let him compete with Gunners and Joe every week in training, it'll only make them better.
Striker wise, cant see it happening myself. Unless we sold Zohore. Feel like he's fine with Tomlin, Bogle. I'd personally rather see us get a wing back/full back cover for Peltier and Bennett.

I'm going to be a bit controversial here but I don't think NW is overfussed on the lad.