Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm - QPR ticket sales

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:00 am

Vince has stated on Facebook with current sales for Saturdays home game we are looking at an attendance of 16,000, now that's disappointing if true

Re: Vince Alm - QPR ticket sales

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 am

TonBluebird wrote:Vince has stated on Facebook with current sales for Saturdays home game we are looking at an attendance of 16,000, now that's disappointing if true

Does that include the QPR fans? If it doesn't that I'd think that was about correct. With QPR fans plus the match day walk up crowd hopefully about 18.5k. I agree though - even that's still poor.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:12 am

Not sure but I think it's including away fans & estimated walk up, sales are probably around 13k/14k today.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 pm

I phoned up after work today at 16:30 to an answerphone message that the ticket office was now closed followed by a ticket office opening times to 17:30 on a weekday!! Mega.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:52 pm

TonBluebird wrote:Not sure but I think it's including away fans & estimated walk up, sales are probably around 13k/14k today.

Havnt we got 13/14k ST HOLDERS? Think people are underestimating walk up crowd sat :o

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TonBluebird wrote:Not sure but I think it's including away fans & estimated walk up, sales are probably around 13k/14k today.

Havnt we got 13/14k ST HOLDERS? Think people are underestimating walk up crowd sat :o

100% Alan, we had 17800 vs Sheff Utd on a Tuesday Night with Utd bringing 1300 so 16500 home fans, lets say QPR bring 800 and we only get 16,000 that means 15200 home fans which means we would have lost 1300 home fans since our last home game which was midweek!! Not a chance, I cant see it, will be 18500 minimum, possibly pushing 19-20, fuss over nothing this and people stressing over early sales. Ps, I hope my maths is right lol

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

100% Alan, we had 17800 vs Sheff Utd on a Tuesday Night with Utd bringing 1300 so 16500 home fans, lets say QPR bring 800 and we only get 16,000 that means 15200 home fans which means we would have lost 1300 home fans since our last home game which was midweek!! Not a chance, I cant see it, will be 18500 minimum, possibly pushing 19-20, fuss over nothing this and people stressing over early sales. Ps, I hope my maths is right lol

Maths a bit better than whats been the case here today! We start off from a base of at least 13k ST? (What are the total sales) advance sales plus walk up usually come in around 2/3k, you would hope that will be improved on sat with 17k+ a good crowd for time of season ! 20k+ is not being realistic going on previous seasons crowds regardless of way playing at moment. :old:

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:50 am

I hate to say I told you so but in another post when people were saying we would get 25K. I stated we would get around 17-18K. I am disgusted with the so called City fans who don't go to the games. Get off your fat backsides and attend the games. If we were in the premier League you would all come out of the woodwork. Personally if we got promoted I would only allow people who attended at least 25% of the home matches this season to attend premier league games. Not feasible I know due to finances but that is what the absentees deserve.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 am

Those that want to be there and can be there, will be there.

That's all that matters :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:12 pm

It's a shame the walk up on the day price is such a rip off, reckon a lot more might show up in the day if it wasn't £30 or whatever it is.....

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:22 pm

goats wrote:It's a shame the walk up on the day price is such a rip off, reckon a lot more might show up in the day if it wasn't £30 or whatever it is.....

I agree the ticket prices are too high but also the club doesn't have the facilities to sell thousands of tickets on match day and that has to be one of the reasons why they charge so much.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:56 pm

goats wrote:It's a shame the walk up on the day price is such a rip off, reckon a lot more might show up in the day if it wasn't £30 or whatever it is.....

Don't think it's anywhere near £30 now

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:57 pm

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/siteass ... -final.pdf

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Lawnmower wrote:https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/siteassets/image/201718/tickets/cardiff-city-201718-match-pricing-pdf-final.pdf

Cheap for the championship 20 pound in the canton in matchdays

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm

prices are over complicated.

one price for all games ,none of this gold,silver,bronze milarky.
and why should a ticket bought at 1 minute to midnight be less than one bought 1 minute after.

ive read posts on many many threads where season ticket holders have referred to how expensive taking your kids to a game is...getting the prices totally wrong..
if regulars are confused so will dai and fred down the pub be.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:00 pm

There's only 3 different price categories. Plus kids are a fiver? Don't see the problem. Club can't do anymore. One of the cheapest clubs in the championship. No accuses. People would rather do other things unfortunately. They would rather watch pl on tv

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Leon1927 wrote:There's only 3 different price categories. Plus kids are a fiver? Don't see the problem. Club can't do anymore. One of the cheapest clubs in the championship. No accuses. People would rather do other things unfortunately. They would rather watch pl on tv

its 5 different prices depending on colour game and when you buy. zone 4 adult you can pay 18,19,20,21 or 22 pound.
we have 10k plus empty seats so just keep it simple enough that if asked..how much to watch the city these days you can give a simple answer.
btw i am a regular and didnt realise kids are 5 quid no matter what colour game or when they buy...reading other posts i am not alone in not knowing.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:05 am

The fans moaning about ticket prices,will be the same fans moaning if zahore or another big player gets sold,if they actually attended games the club wouldn't need to sell a player,simple really

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 am

I always walk up and pay on the day makes no difference to me what's £30 a hours work. I hate speculating about crowds its negative leading up to a game, best off waiting to see what the actual crowd is, show some positivity.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Every ground has different priced seating areas. Stop mosning. What more can the club do. If your skint then sit in zone 4 and enjoy cheap tickets and good football

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Didn't I see somewhere that we only have 11,500 season tickets holders?