Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I agree with Barry Murphy, Embarrasing if it happens

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Barry Murphy‏ just tweeted

Current crowd estimate for QPR game saturday only around 16,000. Embarassing in my opinion. No excuses to stay away #CCFC

I agree with Barry, the crowd should never be this low if thats what turns up only 16,000, Top of the Championship, good priced tickets,undefeated,many other clubs getting 20,000 plus crowds,its a Saturday, pay on the day,3pm, not on tv, we have a pulling area bigger than most clubs etc etc

The excuses have to stop, We either want a successful side or we are content to stay in the lower divisions, its easy to support a club once in the Premier League or are they there just to watch the opposition.

If you want the club to spend in January back them now :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Personally, I honestly will be gobsmacked if its that low, I expect at least 20,000 plus, very very disaheartening to Neil warnock who has consistently called on Cardiff fans to get down their and Support the Mighty Bluebirds.

I can't wait :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

AND YES THE CROWD DOES MATTER/THATS HOW YOU BECOME A BIG CLUB AND GO PLACES :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Bank holiday weekend tho annis could be a factor

Wez, That usually gives you a bigger crowd as many fans come back to their parents for the weekend who live away.
I just read on Vince Alms, post u say yr fed up of every excuse then post this, you back Vince on it though.

It won't affect other clubs crowds, City deserve minimum 20,000 :thumbright: :thumbright:

I've got No family to come back to but I am flying back to watch City and then flying back to my family on Saturday night.
See you Sat Wez :thumbright: :bluebird:

The rebrand isnt an excuse any more and we should have bigger crowds but we don't,people lives and priorities change,people move away like you have done ,i bet the crowds increase the longer we stay around the top of the league ,cardiff fans are a fickle bunch

True, they do, but New generations come through every year, like at all clubs and as people move away,there are many who move to Wales, I know many English born Bluebirds :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The excuses have run out.

City should be getting 20,000 plus crowds to sustain such a great team :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

In 45 years of supporting Cardiff City, only twice have I not had a season ticket and thats the two year,I've been living in Mallorca,this season and last season, but I will still see 10 City home games this season and I don't care who the opposition is :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Vince Alm:

"Crowd looking a bit embarrassing for Saturday! ticket sales are slow, top of the league 4 straight wins playing some good stuff I really thought fans will be knocking down the door! "

"Yet all I see on facebook is everyone talking about that Pantomime over hyped clash, of one ex world class boxer V a non boxer joke. We will be the laughing stock of the football league. Far more entertaining than a WWE type staged boxing bout. Come on get down support the boys they have earned it!!!!

I go to every Cardiff game, but you cant really call McGregor a non boxer joke. The guy is one of the biggest draws in the world, and one of the most charismatic, and best fighters in the UFC. I and most of the world are gonna watch it. But I will still be at the city game. And I don't get why people get so obsessed on this forum about who does or doesn't show up, at the end of the day its their choice and I don't think people are making excuses for not going, they have probably just found other things to do now.

The boxing thing is Nothing to do with me and should not even hurt City's crowds, surely that not another new excuse :lol:

But yes City need bigger crowds, if they want new players and say new owners and if u want success then the support is needed by our fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Well for years now if anyone was reading this board they would get the feeling the club is a mess the football is shit and Tan is a devil If we are also stating this in public then it will take time for the fans to come back.
I am telling people that the football now is the best I have seen in over 40 years of going and the club has a good feel about it. Until the people who look for the Cardiff score but don't go to the game decide to turn up the numbers will be disappointing If I said a restaurant was serving shit food you would not go.
Time for us all to be positive about city in public and slowly get more of our mates to come along again .

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Well for years now if anyone was reading this board they would get the feeling the club is a mess the football is shit and Tan is a devil If we are also stating this in public then it will take time for the fans to come back.
I am telling people that the football now is the best I have seen in over 40 years of going and the club has a good feel about it. Until the people who look for the Cardiff score but don't go to the game decide to turn up the numbers will be disappointing If I said a restaurant was serving shit food you would not go.
Time for us all to be positive about city in public and slowly get more of our mates to come along again .

Agree

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

"Crowd looking a bit embarrassing for Saturday! ticket sales are slow, top of the league 4 straight wins playing some good stuff I really thought fans will be knocking down the door! "http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/

"Yet all I see on facebook is everyone talking about that Pantomime over hyped clash, of one ex world class boxer V a non boxer joke. We will be the laughing stock of the football league. Far more entertaining than a WWE type staged boxing bout. Come on get down support the boys they have earned it!!!!

I go to every Cardiff game, but you cant really call McGregor a non boxer joke. The guy is one of the biggest draws in the world, and one of the most charismatic, and best fighters in the UFC. I and most of the world are gonna watch it. But I will still be at the city game. And I don't get why people get so obsessed on this forum about who does or doesn't show up, at the end of the day its their choice and I don't think people are making excuses for not going, they have probably just found other things to do now.

The boxing thing is Nothing to do with me and should not even hurt City's crowds, surely that not another new excuse :lol:

But yes City need bigger crowds, if they want new players and say new owners and if u want success then the support is needed by our fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The boxing is in the early hours of Sunday morning and won't affect our crowd in the slightest. Not sure why it was brought up as you can't compare the two. One is attracting people on a global scale and the other is of no real interest to anyone other than the several thousand who follow Cardiff or QPR.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:Well for years now if anyone was reading this board they would get the feeling the club is a mess the football is shit and Tan is a devil If we are also stating this in public then it will take time for the fans to come back.

Agree

Wrong and you know it Wez, Both posts about our crowds have not come from here,one of Barry Murphy on twitter and one of Vince Alm Supporters club on FB,we are just discussing it,like u were on FB :thumbright: :thumbright:

This Forum has been very very positive since the day Neil warnock arrived 10 months ago :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Wez, you were moaning on FB,just like usual, but u come on here and always blame us :lol: :lol: You could not make it up.

Wez on FB

Christopher Western: "
Some people still moaning about the rebrand Vince Alm but I don't by that as the season we went up and the premier season were record attendances in red ,we are back in blue and got a decent bluebird badge now shouldn't be any excuses now ,i think some." "Cardiff fans are just fickle"

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

"Crowd looking a bit embarrassing for Saturday! ticket sales are slow, top of the league 4 straight wins playing some good stuff I really thought fans will be knocking down the door! "http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/

The boxing is in the early hours of Sunday morning and won't affect our crowd in the slightest. Not sure why it was brought up as you can't compare the two. One is attracting people on a global scale and the other is of no real interest to anyone other than the several thousand who follow Cardiff or QPR.

Steve,

SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:13 pm

bank holiday will put quite a few out especially if the weather is set fair - for a change.

Not sure why it's such an issue to everyone, be disappointing if we got 16k for mid-September and we are still top, after the international break but CCFC need to start publicising better, god it was all over every tv, radio, paper, bus, train, taxi and billboards back in the 80's and we were only getting 5k at the time!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wez, you were moaning on FB,just like usual, but u come on here and always blame us :lol: :lol: You could not make it up.

Wez on FB

Christopher Western: Some people still moaning about the rebrand Vince Alm but I don't by that as the season we went up and the premier season were record attendances in red ,we are back in blue and got a decent bluebird badge now shouldn't be any excuses now ,i think some Cardiff fans are just fickle

I've said exactly the same on here annis why do you use facebook quotes ? We should have better crowds and fans are fickle but some people's lives change you dint go to every game anymore ? And its not a dig just stating facts if we stay at the top then I'm sure more fans will come back does it really matter tho? As long as the fans get behind the team does it matter how many are there?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Well, if Annis can make it then so can others, although he's booked the four seats next to Nukes to have a kip after the long walk! ;) :thumbup: :laughing6:

Seriously, I'm not sure what more the team have to do to get backsides on seats and I've not seen attending fans so united and positive for some time; and I mean pre-Premier League and maybe even back to Sam days!

You won't see a City team try harder than this one and/or a manager who has had such a positive impact on all involved at every level!

If you can, then do. YOUR CITY NEEDS YOU! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 pm

murphy wrote:16k is what we averaged last season as a mid table team. There should be at least 20k there Saturday.

This is exactly why we should expect around 16k on Saturday. That is slightly above average for us as a mid table Championship side. As the tables mean nothing after just four games (there was a time when the papers never even printed the tables until 6 games into the season) to many we are a mid table side. Once we are around 10 games or so into the season, and people start to get an idea of the sort of season that may be in store, we will get extra fans, or possibly less depending on where we are at that time. I think we will get more than 16k this weekend, but sadly I will not be one of them as I am away for the bank holiday weekend with my family. There may be others in the same situation as me this weekend.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Wez, you were moaning on FB,just like usual, but u come on here and always blame us :lol: :lol: You could not make it up.

Wez on FB

Christopher Western: Some people still moaning about the rebrand Vince Alm but I don't by that as the season we went up and the premier season were record attendances in red ,we are back in blue and got a decent bluebird badge now shouldn't be any excuses now ,i think some Cardiff fans are just fickle

I've said exactly the same on here annis why do you use facebook quotes ? We should have better crowds and fans are fickle but some people's lives change you dint go to every game anymore ? And its not a dig just stating facts if we stay at the top then I'm sure more fans will come back does it really matter tho? As long as the fans get behind the team does it matter how many are there?

Because on here Wez, you immediately used a Bank Holiday weekend as an excuse but not Vince Alms FB?
Be as honest on FB as u are on the forum or are u just critical of me on here,but don't believe what u say?

I actually agree with Barry and Vince the crowd should be 20,000 plus and I am still hopeful it will be :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Sven wrote:Well, if Annis can make it then so can others, although he's booked the four seats next to Nukes to have a kip after the long walk! ;) :thumbup: :laughing6:

Seriously, I'm not sure what more the team have to do to get backsides on seats and I've not seen attending fans so united and positive for some time; and I mean pre-Premier League and maybe even back to Sam days!

You won't see a City team try harder than this one and/or a manager who has had such a positive impact on all involved at every level!

If you can, then do. YOUR CITY NEEDS YOU! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

So is it better to have the stadium united with 18k than have 25k and loads of moaning? The club seems together at last

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

Because on here Wez, you immediately used a Bank Holiday weekend as an excuse but not Vince Alms FB?
Be as honest on here as u are on FB :thumbright:

I actually agree with Barry and Vince the crowd should be 20,000 plus and I am still hopeful it will be :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I said about the bank holiday on vince post read the whole conversations

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:18 pm

Sven wrote:Well, if Annis can make it then so can others, although he's booked the four seats next to Nukes to have a kip after the long walk! ;) :thumbup: :laughing6:

:lol: :lol:

Cheers Chris, I think I will move down by you :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The Club/Team/Manager have done everything they can this season and WELL DONE TO THEM ALL :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

Be as honest on FB as u are on the forum or are u just critical of me on here,but don't believe what u say?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

Be as honest on here as u are on FB :thumbright:

Annis I said about the bank holiday on vince post read the whole conversations

Christopher Western:

" Some people still moaning about the rebrand Vince Alm but I don't by that as the season we went up and the premier season were record attendances in red ,we are back in blue and got a decent bluebird badge now shouldn't be any excuses now ,i think some." "Cardiff fans are just fickle"

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:21 pm

We're not banging on about this shit again.

We are what we are, we get the attendance that we get..... end of.

This is not about fans not turning up, it's about fans thinking we are bigger than we are AND NOT BEING ABLE TO ACCEPT IT.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

Wez, i have just looked again and again and can't find it, but if I am wrong I apologies.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

Wez, i have just looked again and again and can't find it, but if I am wrong I apologies.

Found this

Christopher Western: It was used as an excuse wgen we got relegated by some fans who were jyst glory surporters

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

The sums are all wrong, no such thing as that figure as a catchment area even if we were Barcelona, take out those who couldn't care about football, the egg chasing fraternity, those who will only support before a promotion campaign comes to an end, all those who work weekends, all those who work shifts, bank holiday, those with children (an important point!), and those on holiday - the catchment is probably nearer 300,000 - and even then only a third of those would even think about going to football and half actually avid supporters, with a quarter being season ticket holders.

Simple maths!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Stewart Davies
Stewart Davies If we can get tickets on the gate there might be 6 of us only 2 are Cardiff fans though the others are not football fans but they said it would be a good day out
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 5 mins

Christopher Western
Christopher Western Some people still moaning about the rebrand Vince Alm but I don't by that as the season we went up and the premier season were record attendances in red ,we are back in blue and got a decent bluebird badge now shouldn't be any excuses now ,i think some Cardiff fans are just fickle
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 1 hr · Edited

Jon Scammell
Jon Scammell Crowds have been embarassing since we returned to Blue lets face it, theres been no excuse for 2-3 seasons now. It should be a full house Saturday.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 38 mins

Christopher Western
Christopher Western It was used as an excuse wgen we got relegated by some fans who were jyst glory surporters

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Wez, My apology :thumbright:

I just found it, there are dozens of replies on there

Rhys Shroomey Davies How many tickets sold vince?
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 hrs

Vince Alm
Vince Alm I was told on current ticket sales expected crowd 16000 so must be a couple of thousand less than that I guess?
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 hrs

Christopher Western
Christopher Western The only thing i can think about is its bank holiday weekend and most people go away for it
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 hr

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Stewart Davies
Stewart Davies If we can get tickets on the gate there might be 6 of us only 2 are Cardiff fans though the others are not football fans but they said it would be a good day out

Christopher Western
Christopher Western Some people still moaning about the rebrand Vince Alm but I don't by that as the season we went up and the premier season were record attendances in red ,we are back in blue and got a decent bluebird badge now shouldn't be any excuses now ,i think some Cardiff fans are just fickle

Jon Scammell
Jon Scammell Crowds have been embarassing since we returned to Blue lets face it, theres been no excuse for 2-3 seasons now. It should be a full house Saturday.

Christopher Western
Christopher Western It was used as an excuse wgen we got relegated by some fans who were jyst glory surporters

The rebrand was used as an excuse we are back in blue and the same fans have not returned I remember the quote" once we return to blue we will be back" and they havnt a lot are my friends who prefer to sit in the pub and get pissed alot when wgen we were in red but didn't as soon as we went down

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

I accept your apology :lol:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez on FB

I accept your apology :lol:

:lol:

Cheers Wez, See you on Saturday :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:32 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Stewart Davies

Christopher Western

Jon Scammell

Christopher Western

The rebrand was used as an excuse we are back in blue and the same fans have not returned I remember the quote" once we return to blue we will be back" and they havnt a lot are my friends who prefer to sit in the pub and get pissed alot when wgen we were in red but didn't as soon as we went down

Agreed :thumbright: it was by some fans :thumbright: