Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I agree with Barry Murphy, Embarrasing if it happens

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Twitter

Debs‏ @djb1927
Replying to @AnnisAbraham
Don't get it - not only top of the table but playing exciting, attacking football with a passionate, enthusiastic manager! Xx

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:We're not banging on about this shit again.

We are what we are, we get the attendance that we get..... end of.

This is not about fans not turning up, it's about fans thinking we are bigger than we are AND NOT BEING ABLE TO ACCEPT IT.

Agree to a certain degree would like more but aslong as we get behind the team I can't see a problem

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Question? So how many ST sold wad it 13k?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Replies from www.CardiffCity FB

Chad Payne: I think thats what will happen annis till xmas time when and if we are top then the plastics will be back

David John: Too many man u and Liverpool pretend fans in south Wales for us to ever get good crowds unless we look like getting promotion and then they'll jump on the bandwagon

Aston Martyn Williams: We are playing good football,we have a good squad who want to play for the shirt,we have a great manager,we have a great following. It's now time for those who have stayed away and love our club to return. They are missing out on history in the making. Cmon get down the City.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:46 pm

It's the August bank holiday weekend, virtually everyone I know is away.
I'd argue 16k and above is buggar all to be embarrassed about.

Laughing stock of the football league? Really? That's some exaggeration there.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Saturday will tell us how many true Cardiff City fans there are. :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:51 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:It's the August bank holiday weekend, virtually everyone I know is away.

Not too sure 'everyone' is away this weekend but certainly agree that we are not a "laughing stock". I can't remember the last time I give a hoot for another club's attendances (other than to mock their fans) and I'm sure they don't worry about ours! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:It's the August bank holiday weekend, virtually everyone I know is away.

Not my words, but 100% our crowds should be bigger.

That usually gives you a bigger crowd as many fans come back to their parents for the weekend who live/work away etc

I fly back Saturday late night,football only for me :bluebird: :bluebird:

So your saying every clubs crowds will be down this weekend?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Bluesman wrote:Saturday will tell us how many true Cardiff City fans there are. :bluescarf:

No it won't, I can off top of my head immediately think of two mates who will be away on family duties this bank holiday weekend, both season ticket holders both Cardiff through and through since they could walk.

In reality too many people were looking for an excuse not to go after relegation.
The red and and tan fitted the bill perfectly.
Premier league, been there done that, for many.

If we don't get 20k for a top of the table team and after last Saturday's performance it will be really disappointing

We have kept good players, bought exceptionally well.

Too easy too make excuses, get down there and enjoy some great football being provided by an exceptionally talented team.

We all know people quick to poor scorn on club at slightest opportunity! But embarrassing that is OTT what crowd is expected 30k? What is a good crowd that people wont complain about? :old:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Well he is correct and I can say that as I have just bought a ST for the first time since the rebrand

I feel like there's a medal coming hmmm

Ha ha

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

We all know people quick to poor scorn on club at slightest opportunity! But embarrassing that is OTT what crowd is expected 30k? What is a good crowd that people wont complain about? :old:

Allan, Actually NO one is blaming our club? you always seem to get muddled up?

The Club on and of the pitch have done their bit.more than a bit :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: ,now for our fans to do their bit :bluebird: :bluebird:

16,000 top of the table would not look good, I personally believe 20,000 plus will turn up, its a pay on the day :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:02 pm

HONEST QUESTION?

If We were in the Premier League say v Southampton, the Crowd would be 30,000, with NO excuses, so why NO excuse then?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:06 pm

fred keenor wrote:In reality too many people were looking for an excuse not to go after relegation.
The red and and tan fitted the bill perfectly.
Premier league, been there done that, for many.

If we don't get 20k for a top of the table team and after last Saturday's performance it will be really disappointing

We have kept good players, bought exceptionally well.

Too easy too make excuses, get down there and enjoy some great football being provided by an exceptionally talented team.

Whatever excuses people make it's their choice!

There might have been thousands who left after we were relegated from the PL? Truth is they only bought ST to see their favourite PL team at the stadium.

However there were and are still thousands who supported the club through thick and thin who also walked away, for whatever reasons and that's their choice.

Will them come back, who knows. The club have made great strides in trying to get people back but as I have said numerous times they have never looked at why they left???

Once they left they do different things and spend their money differently.

I've been tempted to return but can't get myself to make the effort. It does not mean I don't follow the club as there is no one else I like or follow.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Well he is correct and I can say that as I have just bought a ST for the first time since the rebrand

Ha ha

Karl :thumbright: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Seriously, good to see anyone committing to a season ticket but no medal for anyone who abandoned and is now coming back because we're building momentum again! To me, it just goes to show how many were insincere in their 'claims' of why they no longer attended originally

May not be convenient to remind some but but Vincent Tan is still here and the Blue returned some time ago! ;)

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 pm

In the pubs I visit in and around Pontypridd, if you have a Cardiff City match on Sky there are usually a small handful of people watching it. Put Arsenal, Manu, Chelsea etc on and the majority of the pub will end up watching. There are only a few of my mates who follow Cardiff, I'm afraid the majority don't care about us even though this is their local club. They all follow the likes of Arsenal and Man U for some reason, although most have only ever seen their team play once or twice when they have actually played us at the CCS.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:11 pm

1 million people live within 45 mins of Cardiff if a minimum of 20000 of them cant be bothered to watch ccfc top of the table the club might as well switch off the lights lock up and hand the keys back.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Your all looking at it the wrong way.

I think 16k is still a decent turnout...but I'd say an average of 18/20k would be fabulous.

The BIGGER problem is the allocation of those seats.

There are huge gaps as the grange end is the family stand, it's given far to much of an allocation and is placed right by the away fans. The grand stand and the Canton stand are usually pretty popular well occupied and spread out. The ninian park side however right by the away end is always sparse, it's always got a big gap missing towards the away end and the red bit is hardly used - add into that it's the end always filmed at.

They need to look at the stand set up it doesn't work

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan, Actually NO one is blaming our club? you always seem to get muddled up?

The Club on and of the pitch have done their bit.more than a bit :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: ,now for our fans to do their bit :bluebird: :bluebird:

16,000 top of the table would not look good, I personally believe 20,000 plus will turn up, its a pay on the day :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Oops annis my mistake its the fans that are embarrassing been long day! How many ST have we sold ?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:HONEST QUESTION?

If We were in the Premier League say v Southampton, the Crowd would be 30,000, with NO excuses, so why NO excuse then?

Because it's not premiership football and its not premiership opposition.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Ha ha

Karl :thumbright: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Seriously, good to see anyone committing to a season ticket but no medal for anyone who abandoned and is now coming back because we're building momentum again! To me, it just goes to show how many were insincere in their 'claims' of why they no longer attended originally

May not be convenient to remind some but but Vincent Tan is still here and the Blue returned some time ago! ;)

Chris,

Julian and I are mates, he had been thinking about it for a while.

I'll get txts off of him now trying to get me on board.

I must agree with a few people inc Nigel Clough NW had a similar side when he took QPR up and no one will want to play us.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:15 pm

For me I'd put the away fans below the red bit and family stand above them - they did that at Upton Park seemed to work well.

Least we'd block out the red a bit!

Then have two lots of hardcore fans singing in between the away fans. Think of Ninian Park where the away fans were sandwiched into that little corner surrounded by home fans.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:15 pm

skiprat wrote:1 million people live within 45 mins of Cardiff if a minimum of 20000 of them cant be bothered to watch ccfc top of the table the club might as well switch off the lights lock up and hand the keys back.

1 million people within 45 minutes????

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:17 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
skiprat wrote:1 million people live within 45 mins of Cardiff if a minimum of 20000 of them cant be bothered to watch ccfc top of the table the club might as well switch off the lights lock up and hand the keys back.

That's not far out and it may be more if you head east over the bridge! ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:25 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:HONEST QUESTION?

Because it's not premiership football and its not premiership opposition.

Correct also premiership is losing appeal to fans stoke v arsenal at wkend loads empty seats, thats a frequent sight at grounds! man city need to advertise games on national radio and do it frequently, so be surprised if we sold out lesser teams in premiership :thumbup:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Sven wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

That's not far out and it may be more if you head east over the bridge! ;) :ayatollah:

But not 1 million footy fans! Wonder how many available fans there actually are in area ? So not black & white to say 1m footy fans. :thumbup:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Who said footy fans ?. I said 1 million people live in area .surely there got to be at least 20000 of those people watching ccfc saturday

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm

skiprat wrote:Who said footy fans ?. I said 1 million people live in area .surely there got to be at least 20000 of those people watching ccfc saturday

Post implied 1m people to choose from? But no question there are much more than 20k fans its just case of if they turn up for a game. What league, success or opposition will dictate numbers :thumbup:

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:22 pm

If you had told me a year ago that in 12 months time we will get 16,000 I would have laughed my head off, we were heading towards 10,000 if that. Massive progress and while I agree we should be getting 20,000 the floaters will return gradually not overnight. The city is on the up the team are the real deal, great manager and club done all they can. Complaining because others don't come is a bit strange, it's up to them. Personally I think nearly 18,000 on a tues night was fantastic despite people's ridiculous expectations.

Hull were getting 15 on a Tuesday when they were top, I expect the crowd to be about 18 on Saturday and out away support and interest is only growing and increasing.

Cardiff fans have always been fickle and that's without the other distractions these days, they will come in time. Enjoy the ride. :thumbup: