Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I agree with Barry Murphy, Embarrasing if it happens

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If it's not price then I don't know what it is.

£350 maybe reasonable but to get people back you need more than reasonable. For most people £350 is still a considerable chunk and they will probably find something else to do with that money be it family, holiday, Wales games etc

You cannot run a business by selling your product at a price plucked out of the air. Its alright suggesting tickets should be cheaper, but the club has to run on some form of sound financial footing. £13 a game, I would imagine is about as low as the club can make it without seriously harming the clubs finances.
The club will undoubtedly do one off deals throughout the season when needed and accounted for, however this needs to used as the exception not the rule.
We had those ultra cheap family tickets in the past, that all sold out, they were so cheap that when results faltered and the football was crap, supporters didn't turn up, as they felt, no real loss to their pocket.
Winning, successful teams bring back supporters, if we carry on as we are in that department, we will be getting 25K plus by Christmas, no matter what the price :thumbup:

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

£350 maybe reasonable but to get people back you need more than reasonable. For most people £350 is still a considerable chunk and they will probably find something else to do with that money be it family, holiday, Wales games etc

You cannot run a business by selling your product at a price plucked out of the air. Its alright suggesting tickets should be cheaper, but the club has to run on some form of sound financial footing. £13 a game, I would imagine is about as low as the club can make it without seriously harming the clubs finances.
The club will undoubtedly do one off deals throughout the season when needed and accounted for, however this needs to used as the exception not the rule.
We had those ultra cheap family tickets in the past, that all sold out, they were so cheap that when results faltered and the football was crap, supporters didn't turn up, as they felt, no real loss to their pocket.
Winning, successful teams bring back supporters, if we carry on as we are in that department, we will be getting 25K plus by Christmas, no matter what the price :thumbup:

That's fine but I'm not one to moan about attendances :thumbright:
The club are obviously concerned bringing out the flexi ticket which is a great idea but the people I've spoke to in work hadn't heard of it and these guys follow all the games although don't go anymore.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

That's fine but I'm not one to moan about attendances :thumbright:
The club are obviously concerned bringing out the flexi ticket which is a great idea but the people I've spoke to in work hadn't heard of it and these guys follow all the games although don't go anymore.

there are great deals to be had but i dont think the club have marketed them very well.
and i dont see why the flexi ticket couldnt be on a plastic card that could be activated with a phone call or online.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Wasn't much choice in the Canton when i booked 3 tickets ,there was only a few seats front centre and sides!

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:23 am

whos buying season tickets INSTEAD of a family holiday :laughing5:

sensible if your angling for a divorce im sure. but come on, its not that clear cut

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:52 am

paulh_85 wrote:

sensible if your angling for a divorce im sure. but come on, its not that clear cut

:lol: £350 :lol: where's that too Trecco Bay caravan park :lol:

£350 is nothing you can earn that doing two days overtime on the weekend, nuts how people moan about £350 sheets.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:27 am

BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

£350 is nothing you can earn that doing two days overtime on the weekend, nuts how people moan about £350 sheets.

Trecco bay is 750 a week in the summer :lol:

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:13 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Obviously not instead of a family holiday but family holidays are very expensive, im obviously not suggesting you can have a family holiday on £350 :roll: but its a chunk towards it and after a family holiday a lot of people may not have an extra £350 for a season ticket. Not everyone can just keeping paying and paying for everything, sometimes something has to give to get the things you want and at times for some it will be the season ticket.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Well, after a 2 year absence, I have just bought a ticket. Been going since 1967 but had a break with Slade still at the club.
Hope it is a good day.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:24 am

wez1927 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Trecco bay is 750 a week in the summer :lol:

Really !? Robbing Ba**ards. :lol:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:58 pm

At the game and the crowd is definitely bigger than last seasons average ones,! I'm dubious anyway of city's accounting skills never seem to be accurate! :laughing6:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:18 pm

18500 with 640 QPR, so 18000 home fans.
1000 down on the Villa gate.

Some prem sides don't get more than that

Should get well over 20k for Sheffield Weds provided we don't implode in the next 2 games

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:24 pm

18500 with 640 QPR, so 18000 home fans.
1000 down on the Villa gate.

Some prem sides don't get more than that

Should get well over 20k for Sheffield Weds provided we don't implode in the next 2 games

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Whats impressive and important is the walk up crowds! Must been 3to4k? Shows people are interested in club again. :occasion5:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:35 pm

I have witnessed far more empty 18K's over the previous few seasons...... MOst who have season tickets must be turning up...Its also the tail end of the major holiday season.So its promising

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Turned out far less embarrassing than the people speculating that it would be. :clap:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Sadly, it's not just about now having a winning team and blue shirts again. I think many are forgetting how venomous an atmosphere it was at our ground 2-4 years ago. Those are the fans who we need to come back to break 26,000 again, but after what they experienced going on in the stands (including all that "plastic" bullshit), it's going to take a while to pull many back.

We can't pretend that there wasn't a lot of offputting things being said in the stands. Jesus, remember how venomous this board was at times during that period? We'll get them all back though, sooner or later!