Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"WAYNE ROONEY"

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Can't argue with his scoring record both domestically and internationally. Great Footballer but as a Person and Role model?

As he retires from international football, what does everyone think of him as a Player and as a Person?

Re: "WAYNE ROONEY"

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Thought he matured as a football but was never a world beater or can be considered in the same class as Ronaldo, Bale or Messi.

As a person I don't give him much credit due to his outburst at the England fans during the World cup campaign in South Africa.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Thought he matured as a football but was never a world beater or can be considered in the same class as Ronaldo, Bale or Messi.

As a person I don't give him much credit due to his outburst at the England fans during the World cup campaign in South Africa.

Would definitely agree with that.

Not a massive fan of England fans on the whole due to their arrogance, but shouldn't have a player speaking like that to them when they've travelled all that way.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Has made the right choice ;)

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm

I think his next step will be Retirement from Everton and football in general, at the end of this season.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:16 am

Sam ReaN wrote:I think his next step will be Retirement from Everton and football in general, at the end of this season.

Sam, no chance. He wants to play as long as he can. He has found a new enthusiasm at Everton FC and is one of those people that genuinely 'wants' to play football. So long as his health and fitness hold up, he'll have a place somewhere in the Everton team even if he drops back further back on the pitch :ayatollah: