Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I don't understand it ten changes so early in the season

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:59 pm

Me and my mate made the trip up last night and for the Pompey game to be fair it was no hardship .cardiff fans made the effort last night so the management could have at least put a strong team out to the game and get us into the next round we would have unbeaten in all competitions and then hopefully we would have got a big draw it would have given us all a lift just like the league games have .i think the league cup is still a good competition to win or have a good run in it we should know that we have been there before .the last three fa cup ties have brought no magic or romance for us me and my mate attended those Colchester Friday night a week after Xmas Shrewsbury Sunday night we lost and then they drew man Utd home fulham home twelve o'clock kick off or was it eleven it was live on the BBC we put weak sides out in all the games when at a time the club needed a a lift .thats the problem with football know it's all about getting to the premier league and the cup competitions take a back seat

Re: I don't understand it ten changes so early in the season

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:06 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Me and my mate made the trip up last night and for the Pompey game to be fair it was no hardship .cardiff fans made the effort last night so the management could have at least put a strong team out to the game and get us into the next round we would have unbeaten in all competitions and then hopefully we would have got a big draw it would have given us all a lift just like the league games have .i think the league cup is still a good competition to win or have a good run in it we should know that we have been there before .the last three fa cup ties have brought no magic or romance for us me and my mate attended those Colchester Friday night a week after Xmas Shrewsbury Sunday night we lost and then they drew man Utd home fulham home twelve o'clock kick off or was it eleven it was live on the BBC we put weak sides out in all the games when at a time the club needed a a lift .thats the problem with football know it's all about getting to the premier league and the cup competitions take a back seat

What would the fans have thought if we put out a strong side and then saw a couple of serious injuries to key players. Imagine the criticism if Zohore had played and suffered a season ending injury. With so much money for reaching the promised land the club has to take everything into account. A cup run would be nice, but it's all about money and most of that is in the Premier League.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:Me and my mate made the trip up last night and for the Pompey game to be fair it was no hardship .cardiff fans made the effort last night so the management could have at least put a strong team out to the game and get us into the next round we would have unbeaten in all competitions and then hopefully we would have got a big draw it would have given us all a lift just like the league games have .i think the league cup is still a good competition to win or have a good run in it we should know that we have been there before .the last three fa cup ties have brought no magic or romance for us me and my mate attended those Colchester Friday night a week after Xmas Shrewsbury Sunday night we lost and then they drew man Utd home fulham home twelve o'clock kick off or was it eleven it was live on the BBC we put weak sides out in all the games when at a time the club needed a a lift .thats the problem with football know it's all about getting to the premier league and the cup competitions take a back seat

What would the fans have thought if we put out a strong side and then saw a couple of serious injuries to key players. Imagine the criticism if Zohore had played and suffered a season ending injury. With so much money for reaching the promised land the club has to take everything into account. A cup run would be nice, but it's all about money and most of that is in the Premier League.

The thing is steve they can put a balanced team out he put Lang on when it was to late he wasn't worried about him getting injured they also train in the morning before games they can get injured in traing he could have put a strong team out he could easly have balanced it

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Should have made it 11 changes.