Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fulham away following.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:51 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Man of Harlech wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:I am driving to this one including my 10 year old, I understand there is no parking by the stadium! Anyone driven there before and recommended places to park?

Heard osterley as a place to park and train to craven cottage?

We usually drive to Windsor where there is easy parking and an overland train every few minutes direct to Putney, which is close to Craven Cottage. Its an easy way to do it.

I love going to Craven Cottage. I have been there 4 times and we have drawn 2 and won 2, including a 5-1 win in '68. There are 8 of us going and we only do 4 or 5 away most seasons. I think that there may be a surprisingly good City turnout.

We do the same, mate.
Breakfast in Wetherspoons before catching the train.
Chinese all you can eat afterwards. Yeh boy!

On another thread someone said it's easy to drive to putney common park there and walk over! Just checked and it's 43 min train from Windsor to putney so think I would prefer to just drive it! Cheers for advice

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Actuallg looks so much a pain parking closer so will probably do Windsor, if you pre book return tickets on train line you get a third discount

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 pm

I've got 2 face value tickets in the away end available due to short notice drop outs. Can meet on the day at Craven Cottage or in Putney to pass them over to you
£20 each or nearest offer
Text me on 07399 464 564

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:00 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Actuallg looks so much a pain parking closer so will probably do Windsor, if you pre book return tickets on train line you get a third discount

have a look at parking in Brentford...ive always found street parking when we play there...then train to putney. they run every 15 mins and the journey is also about 15mins.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Cheers dog

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Another easy one is to go to Ashford Middx train station, five / ten minutes from M4 / M25 with car parking at the station, trains run every half hour (the Windsor train to Waterloo) dead easy

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 am

boyo1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Man of Harlech wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:I am driving to this one including my 10 year old, I understand there is no parking by the stadium! Anyone driven there before and recommended places to park?

We usually drive to Windsor where there is easy parking and an overland train every few minutes direct to Putney, which is close to Craven Cottage. Its an easy way to do it.

I love going to Craven Cottage. I have been there 4 times and we have drawn 2 and won 2, including a 5-1 win in '68. There are 8 of us going and we only do 4 or 5 away most seasons. I think that there may be a surprisingly good City turnout.

We do the same, mate.

On another thread someone said it's easy to drive to putney common park there and walk over! Just checked and it's 43 min train from Windsor to putney so think I would prefer to just drive it! Cheers for advice

yeah that was me - parked up on Putney Common a couple of times, its free and legal. 20 minute stroll down the hill to the ground. :thumbup:

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Man of Harlech wrote:

We do the same, mate.

yeah that was me - parked up on Putney Common a couple of times, its free and legal. 20 minute stroll down the hill to the ground. :thumbup:

Is it street or designated parking?