Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fulham away following.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 am

Any update on how many we have sold? :bluebird: :bluebird:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187804 :bluebird:

Re: Fulham away following.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:42 pm

Not very well I have hered but then again its pay day for most people today and our group for a start (8) getting them next week

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:53 pm

Vince said they are improving daily :thumbright:

We should sell out at least 3,000 anyway with the cheap, cheap tickets :thumbright:

The average Away clubs support that goes to Fulham is nearly 3,000 :thumbright:

Even clubs like Preston 500 mile rd trip last season took 4,000 fans there.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 pm

I'd be surprised if we take less than 2000 consider ing the start we've had and the fact it's a nice ground to visit!

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:50 pm

Bought 7 this afternoon , surely we will take at least 3000 :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 pm

Bought 37 this afternoon

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:53 pm

I think we can sell 3000 or 3500! After Wales games is done will!be next week

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Realistically I think anything between 1500-2000 would be decent and anything else a bonus, any talk of 3-3,500, whilst amazing is unrealistic in the current climate of our away support irrespective of if you think that's what we 'should' be taking as opposed to what we 'will'.

We only took 1,400 to Wolves which is as equally an easy trip by rail or road for a 1st vs 2nd game so an extra 1,500-2,000 going to Fulham, well I just cant see it.

Nevertheless, it should be a good trip and it will be a first to Craven Cottage for me, looking forward to it. :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:25 am

7 of us going. Going up Friday night. Bit of an outing butt.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:26 am

RV Casual wrote:Realistically I think anything between 1500-2000 would be decent and anything else a bonus, any talk of 3-3,500, whilst amazing is unrealistic in the current climate of our away support irrespective of if you think that's what we 'should' be taking as opposed to what we 'will'.

We only took 1,400 to Wolves which is as equally an easy trip by rail or road for a 1st vs 2nd game so an extra 1,500-2,000 going to Fulham, well I just cant see it.

Nevertheless, it should be a good trip and it will be a first to Craven Cottage for me, looking forward to it. :bluescarf:

City are on course to sell 3k according to Vince.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:33 am

norms76 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Realistically I think anything between 1500-2000 would be decent and anything else a bonus, any talk of 3-3,500, whilst amazing is unrealistic in the current climate of our away support irrespective of if you think that's what we 'should' be taking as opposed to what we 'will'.

City are on course to sell 3k according to Vince.

Norms, yes Vince has stated that and rightly so :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

City have about 400-500 Bluebirds who live in and around London.

And ticket prices are virtually give aways :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If nearly all other clubs can take at least that amount why can't City :thumbright: :thumb right: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:10 am

Ive got my tickets for Fulham game. Bit pi...... off that I have got a make soecial trip to supporters club to pay coach and membership fee. Why cant I pay pal????

Im guessing the supporters shop is open between 6.39 to 7.30 today.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:10 pm

15 of us going up Friday-Sunday making a weekend of it!!think there will be a good 3000 up there myself

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Ive got my tickets for Fulham game. Bit pi...... off that I have got a make soecial trip to supporters club to pay coach and membership fee. Why cant I pay pal????

Im guessing the supporters shop is open between 6.39 to 7.30 today.

It's open yes before kick off for two hrs :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Supporters club office will be open tonight from 5.30pm to 7.15pm to take money and bookings for Fulham and Preston North End

Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:36 pm

stephendavid wrote:15 of us going up Friday-Sunday making a weekend of it!!think there will be a good 3000 up there myself

Lock up your daughters :lol:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:15 of us going up Friday-Sunday making a weekend of it!!think there will be a good 3000 up there myself

:lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Haha yes Wesley lad will be an interesting weekend

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:11 pm

In the neutral end for this one.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:47 am

I am driving to this one including my 10 year old, I understand there is no parking by the stadium! Anyone driven there before and recommended places to park?

Heard osterley as a place to park and train to craven cottage?

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vince said they are improving daily :thumbright:

We should sell out at least 3,000 anyway with the cheap, cheap tickets :thumbright:

It was a special day for Preston, their annual Gentry Day..with subsidised train tickets - they actually took 2800

See link below http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/pre ... -1-8422115

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:05 am

Lawnmower wrote:

It was a special day for Preston, their annual Gentry Day..with subsidised train tickets - they actually took 2800

Your right Tim my mistake :thumbright: , Little Preston took 2,821 fans there (I don't know where I got 4,000 fans from).
I rem them bringing 50 fans to us yrs ago.

2,821 Preston fans away at Fulham yesterday (462 mile round trip)

1,200 Preston away at Newcastle.

Preston took 5,000 fans away to local rival Wigan previously.

Preston only get about 11,000 fans at home, their away average last season was 1,580 and ours was about 780 away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:37 am

Om hearing once you get your tickets you sit anywhere regardless of seat or block.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:51 am

blue lagoon wrote:Om hearing once you get your tickets you sit anywhere regardless of seat or block.

Always sat anywhere you want at Fulham :thumbright:

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:35 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187804 :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Your right Tim my mistake :thumbright: , Little Preston took 2,821 fans there (I don't know where I got 4,000 fans from).
I rem them bringing 50 fans to us yrs ago.

2,821 Preston fans away at Fulham yesterday (462 mile round trip)

1,200 Preston away at Newcastle.

Preston took 5,000 fans away to local rival Wigan previously.

Preston only get about 11,000 fans at home, their away average last season was 1,580 and ours was about 780 away.

One of their fans probably quoted the 4K- you know how it goes.

As for averages, they have got a lot more local games vs clubs with big grounds than we have. They would be boosted by big followings to Blackburn, Wigan, Sheffield, Leeds, Rotherham, Barnsley, all short trips and mostly with big away ends.

We should do better I know, but it's not always a simple comparison.

These cheap tickets for Fulham will be a big help to our average this season

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Got my ticket. Anyone know how many we have sold?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 pm

First game of the season for me as i havent had a chance to get home as yet - cant wait! Mosr excited i've been for years!

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:07 am

boyo1927 wrote:I am driving to this one including my 10 year old, I understand there is no parking by the stadium! Anyone driven there before and recommended places to park?

We usually drive to Windsor where there is easy parking and an overland train every few minutes direct to Putney, which is close to Craven Cottage. Its an easy way to do it.

I love going to Craven Cottage. I have been there 4 times and we have drawn 2 and won 2, including a 5-1 win in '68. There are 8 of us going and we only do 4 or 5 away most seasons. I think that there may be a surprisingly good City turnout.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:I am driving to this one including my 10 year old, I understand there is no parking by the stadium! Anyone driven there before and recommended places to park?

We usually drive to Windsor where there is easy parking and an overland train every few minutes direct to Putney, which is close to Craven Cottage. Its an easy way to do it.

I love going to Craven Cottage. I have been there 4 times and we have drawn 2 and won 2, including a 5-1 win in '68. There are 8 of us going and we only do 4 or 5 away most seasons. I think that there may be a surprisingly good City turnout.

We do the same, mate.
Breakfast in Wetherspoons before catching the train.
Chinese all you can eat afterwards. Yeh boy!