Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CONFIRMED: Bryson And Feeney - To Sign On Loan .

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:43 pm

" UPDATED "

Sky Bet Championship leaders Cardiff left it late to pull off a double swoop for midfielders Liam Feeney and Craig Bryson :thumbright:
:ayatollah:

Cardiff City FC are delighted to confirm the loan signing of Liam Feeney from Blackburn Rovers, subject to international clearance. :thumbright:

Cardiff City are set to sign Derby midfielder Craig Bryson on a season-long loan and Blackburn midfielder Liam Feeney on loan until January.

Bryson, 30, has made 244 appearances for Derby since joining from Kilmarnock in 2011.

But this season he has been restricted to four Championship appearances from the bench and one EFL Cup start.

Feeney, 30, joined League One side Blackburn in 2016 following spells with the likes of Bournemouth and Millwall.

Meanwhile, Cardiff winger Matthew Kennedy has joined Portsmouth on a season-long loan.

Re: Bryson And Feeney - To Sign On Loan .

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:54 pm

Deadline Day | Feeney Signs Loan Deal

Cardiff City FC are delighted to confirm the loan signing of Liam Feeney from Blackburn Rovers, subject to international clearance.

The 31-year old winger has signed a temporary agreement with the Bluebirds until Monday, 1st January 2018.

Feeney has been a regular feature at Millwall, Blackburn Rovers & Bolton Wanderers in recent seasons at Sky Bet Championship level, and even netted twice against City for the Trotters in 2014.

Neil Warnock said of the signing on Thursday evening: “Liam is a player that I’ve always liked and I think he’ll enjoy playing for me.

“I think we needed a player of his quality to come in, especially with the injury we have to Kads at the moment. I’d like to thank the Board for allowing us to bring him on loan until the end of the year.”

Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, added: "On behalf of the Board, we're delighted to have Liam with us. I hope that he can help us achieve the goals that we've set for this season and we welcome him to Cardiff City Football Club."

Re: Bryson And Feeney - To Sign On Loan .

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Rovers can confirm that winger Liam Feeney has completed a deadline day move to Cardiff City.

The 30-year-old, who is in his second spell at the club, joins the Championship leaders on loan until January 1st.

Having made six loan appearances during the 2013-14 season, Feeney returned to Rovers from Bolton Wanderers last summer and has gone on to make a further 43 appearances, scoring one goal.

Re: CONFIRMED: Bryson And Feeney - To Sign On Loan .

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:05 pm

Deadline Day | Craig Bryson Signs On Loan

Cardiff City FC are delighted to announce the signing of Craig Bryson on loan from Derby County for the remainder of the 2017/18 season, subject to international clearance.

Scottish international Bryson has six years experience in the Sky Bet Championship, signing for the Rams from Kilmarnock in 2011.

A box-to-box midfielder, Craig has made 223 league appearances to date for Derby County, including four during the current campaign.

Neil Warnock said of Craig’s arrival: “Of all the players I wanted to sign, Craig Bryson has been at the top of my list for a very long time.

“I never thought we’d be able to do the deal to get him over the line, so I must thank Tan Sri Vincent, Mehmet [Dalman] and Ken [Choo] for making it possible for us.”

Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, added: "We welcome Craig to Cardiff City Football Club and, on behalf othe Board, look forward to him contributing to our efforts this season."

Hear first from Cardiff City's deadline day signing on iFollow Cardiff City in the coming days!

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:09 pm

Cardiff City have completed the loan signings of Blackburn Rovers winger Liam Feeney and Derby County midfielder Craig Bryson

The experienced Championship duo join the Championship leaders as Neil Warnock looks to add depth to the squad.

Feeney will join until January 1st 2018

Bryson is expected to join the club on a temproary loan move before making the move from the iPro Stadium permanent in January.

The 30 year-old central midfielder began his career in Scotland, playing for sides like Clyde and Kilmarnock, before moving to Derby County in 2011 for a relatively small fee of £450,000.

Back in the 2013/2014 season in which Derby County reached the Play-Off final, Bryson was named as Derby County’s Player of the Year and won a place in the PFA Championship Team of the Season alongside then team mate Will Hughes.

He describes himself as a box-to-box midfielder and is the mould of midfielder that Neil Warnock has enjoyed working with in the past, which could make him the ultimate utility player in what is a long season.

He will go in to competition with Joe Ralls, Aron Gunnarsson, Loic Damour and Greg Halford for a place in the squad.
Feeney has spent a the last six years of his career at Championship level, where he had spells at clubs like Millwall, Bolton, Blackburn and Ipswich Town.

The 30 year-old was a target for Cardiff City in the January window but Rovers turned down the deal as they tried to keep their squad together in an attempt to survive in the Sky Bet Championship, but they failed in their attempts and were relegated to League One.

Feeney will have to compete with Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Anthony Pilkington, Junior Hoilett and Kadeem Harris for a place in the starting eleven, as competition heats up to lead the line in Cardiff’s front-four.
Speaking to CardiffCityFC.co.uk, manager Neil Warnock said Feeney was the quality of player that he’s been looking to bring in to the club and is happy with his capture.

“Liam is a player that I’ve always liked and I think he’ll enjoy playing for me.

“I think we needed a player of his quality to come in, especially with the injury we have to Kads at the moment. I’d like to thank the Board for allowing us to bring him on loan until the end of the year.”

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Love the reaction on twitter, shows what a bunch of tw*ts we got following us.. complain about Feeney and jump for joy for Bryson..

No-one has watched either of these play and are taking opinions from supporters of the club they just left to join us.. one team that has been in turmoil for years now and their fans are against their owners and always have controversy going on for them every season and one which has a fan base wishing him well and appreciative of what we done.

Warnock has the ability to make players who are average and not setting the world alight to actually better players who give everything to the cause they are in.

Welcome both of these signings. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Derby County’s Craig Bryson has joined fellow Sky Bet Championship side Cardiff City on loan.

The 30-year-old midfielder has linked up with the Bluebirds on a season-long loan deal.

The Scotsman, who joined Derby in the summer of 2011 from Scottish Premiership side Kilmarnock, has been limited to one start and four substitute appearances so far this season in all competitions.

As part of the loan agreement, Bryson will be unable to feature in Cardiff’s games against Derby during the 2017/18 campaign.

During his time with the Rams, Bryson has made 244 appearances and scored 39 times – including an historic hat-trick in the 5-0 trouncing of Nottingham Forest back in March 2014 at Pride Park Stadium.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Love the reaction on twitter, shows what a bunch of tw*ts we got following us.. complain about Feeney and jump for joy for Bryson..

No-one has watched either of these play and are taking opinions from supporters of the club they just left to join us.. one team that has been in turmoil for years now and their fans are against their owners and always have controversy going on for them every season and one which has a fan base wishing him well and appreciative of what we done.

Warnock has the ability to make players who are average and not setting the world alight to actually better players who give everything to the cause they are in.

How do you know no one have watched them play?

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:30 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Love the reaction on twitter, shows what a bunch of tw*ts we got following us.. complain about Feeney and jump for joy for Bryson..

If you've been watching Cardiff the last few seasons, you would have seen both Bryson and Feeney playing against us several times. Most of us should have seen both players play against us enough to have an idea what they're like as players. I have an opinion on both players from watching them several times, I guess that makes me a tw*t as well eh? :oops:

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:34 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

If you've been watching Cardiff the last few seasons, you would have seen both Bryson and Feeney playing against us several times. Most of us should have seen both players play against us enough to have an idea what they're like as players. I have an opinion on both players from watching them several times, I guess that makes me a tw*t as well eh? :oops:

People watched Zohore a few times and still had no idea what he could do for us.

I wouldn't say that's what makes you a tw@t either.... :lol:

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:35 pm

Sky Bet Championship leaders Cardiff left it late to pull off a double swoop for midfielders Liam Feeney and Craig Bryson.

Feeney joined the Bluebirds on loan from Blackburn until January while Bryson will remain in Wales on a temporary basis from Derby for the rest of the season.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock told the club's official website: "Liam is a player that I've always liked and I think he'll enjoy playing for me.

"I think we needed a player of his quality to come in, especially with the injury we have to Kads (Kadeem Harris) at the moment.

"Of all the players I wanted to sign, Craig Bryson has been at the top of my list for a very long time.

"I never thought we'd be able to do the deal to get him over the line, so I must thank Tan Sri Vincent, Mehmet [Dalman] and Ken [Choo] for making it possible for us."

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

People watched Zohore a few times and still had no idea what he could do for us.

I wouldn't say that's what makes you a tw@t either.... :lol:

I agree with Zohore, but he's abusing fans with wrongful assumptions that they've never seen either player play before. A bit of a silly statement when they have both been playing in the Championship against us for many seasons. You can also see from live games on Sky and the Championship highlights what sorts of players they are.

Personally, I'm happy with Bryson, a hard working midfielder who chips in with goals. Like many others, I'm not so convinced with Feeney. I think Feeney is a hard working player with good energy and a bit of pace, but I have never had confidence in him beating a full back and he lacks end product in my opinion. We will soon see over the next few months.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:53 pm

Liam Feeney is a bad signing :(

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:56 pm

There's still a big free agent market as well to dip into if needed

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

And you remember how they played against us do you? I am sorry but some of them playing 1-6 games against us in years gone by is enough to pass judgement? Might as well get a youtube montage up..

Saying it how it is.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

And you remember how they played against us do you? I am sorry but some of them playing 1-6 games against us in years gone by is enough to pass judgement? Might as well get a youtube montage up..

Saying it how it is.

As a Cardiff fan, I take an interest in all players in the Championship. I've watched Millwall and Bolton play games on TV with Feeney playing full games for them. I've seen Feeney play against us several times. I took a further interest in Liam Feeney over the past couple of seasons when Russell Slade was linked with signing him for us. I remember when Liam Feeney scored for Bolton against us, it was the first goal he had scored for 2 years.

I take an interest because I enjoy football and I like to know who the opponents danger players are when we play them. I watched Barry McKay closely when Forest played Leeds last weekend as he's a player we missed out on. I think a lot of fans on this forum are similar to myself and can give a honest opinion about players like Liam Feeney who have played in the Championship for many, many seasons. We should have all seen Liam Feeney play enough times to have an opinion what type of player he is, but that makes us all tw*ts in your opinion... :roll:

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 pm

Dahboy wrote:

How do you know no one have watched them play?

Bryson only played against us probably 4-6 times and he probably started 3/4 of the games he played and Feeney scored 2 past us in a 3-0 win and played against us more times probably yet people are writing him off.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Saying it how it is.

As a Cardiff fan, I take an interest in all players in the Championship. I've watched Millwall and Bolton play games on TV with Feeney playing full games for them. I've seen Feeney play against us several times. I took a further interest in Liam Feeney over the past couple of seasons when Russell Slade was linked with signing him for us. I remember when Liam Feeney scored for Bolton against us, it was the first goal he had scored for 2 years.

I take an interest because I enjoy football and I like to know who the opponents danger players are when we play them. I watched Barry McKay closely when Forest played Leeds last weekend as he's a player we missed out on. I think a lot of fans on this forum are similar to myself and can give a honest opinion about players like Liam Feeney who have played in the Championship for many, many seasons. We should have all seen Liam Feeney play enough times to have an opinion what type of player he is, but that makes us all tw*ts in your opinion... :roll:

But how can you write someone off who hasn't kicked a ball for us? Warnock has done well with Mendez Laing and Neil Eth and some fans probably didn't realise they would have had the impact they have had early on.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Lacks end product..

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:56 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Lacks end product..

First game and as a sub, i'm sure you would give Messi , ffs give the guy a chance.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:30 pm

I think Dando was quoting someone else "lacks end product"
Feeney one assist plus hitting the crossbar, in a 11 minute cameo.
If that's lacking an end product , I'll take that every game ;)

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:48 pm

nojac wrote:I think Dando was quoting someone else "lacks end product"
Feeney one assist plus hitting the crossbar, in a 11 minute cameo.
If that's lacking an end product , I'll take that every game ;)

I assume Dando didn't go to the game, as Feeney's crossing was absolutely awful when he came on. The only good cross he put in (which was a great cross), we scored from. Feeney's first cross went straight over the bar for a goal kick and the rest of his crosses apart from his assist were awful. He hit the bar from another over hit cross which nearly deceived their keeper.

I came out from the game yesterday thinking my opinion on Feeney is pretty much spot on. He has a bit of pace and he works hard, but his delivery isn't the best. What I will say is because of Feeney's work rate, he does get himself into the positions to put in crosses. He's an old fashioned winger who will continually hug the touch line and put crosses into the box. Feeney did give us a different option when he came on.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Good Luck To Them Both :bluebird: