Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff versus millwall

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 pm

theirs no doubt about it that there will be trouble at this game but what ever happened to cardiffs firm, are they still around or is it just it happens when it happens sort of situation?

Re: Cardiff versus millwall

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 pm

bluuebird69 wrote:theirs no doubt about it that there will be trouble at this game but what ever happened to cardiffs firm, are they still around or is it just it happens when it happens sort of situation?

Double figures soon, then you'll be a big boy ! What do you want for your 10th birthday ?

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:43 pm

just a general question mate no need to get clever

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 pm

There's been hardly any trouble at Cardiff/Millwall or Millwall/Cardiff games for a long time now mate. The worst trouble I have seen at either game since '99 was the away game at the Den when the lad fell from the stand and that was Cardiff against Cardiff in the Coach holding area after the game which got quite nasty, got to love a bit of infighting.

As for what happened to Cardiffs Firm, theres far more qualified people than me who could answer but I reckon I'm pretty qualified enough to answer, all started with Operation Javelin in 2001, over 70 banned, then more, more and some more over the years until the West Ham night when shit got heavy and the main man got a 4 stretch.

Chelsea away in 2010 was pretty much the 'one for the road' outing I would say, you would be hard pushed to find a mob of Cardiff over 100 now which is crazy when you think we had mobs of 500-1000 regularly through the late 90's early 00's.

The police and bans and jail have made it a game that is for mugs now, basically, its all over.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 pm

RV Casual wrote:There's been hardly any trouble at Cardiff/Millwall or Millwall/Cardiff games for a long time now mate. The worst trouble I have seen at either game since '99 was the away game at the Den when the lad fell from the stand and that was Cardiff against Cardiff in the Coach holding area after the game which got quite nasty, got to love a bit of infighting.

As for what happened to Cardiffs Firm, theres far more qualified people than me who could answer but I reckon I'm pretty qualified enough to answer, all started with Operation Javelin in 2001, over 70 banned, then more, more and some more over the years until the West Ham night when shit got heavy and the main man got a 4 stretch.

Chelsea away in 2010 was pretty much the 'one for the road' outing I would say, you would be hard pushed to find a mob of Cardiff over 100 now which is crazy when you think we had mobs of 500-1000 regularly through the late 90's early 00's.

The police and bans and jail have made it a game that is for mugs now, basically, its all over.

thats what i originally thought with all the banning orders and cut backs it would of been completely stamped out but lately a lot of videos of firms with a lot of boys going at it quite frequently for millwall seem like their living in the old days without a worry

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:49 pm

bluuebird69 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:There's been hardly any trouble at Cardiff/Millwall or Millwall/Cardiff games for a long time now mate. The worst trouble I have seen at either game since '99 was the away game at the Den when the lad fell from the stand and that was Cardiff against Cardiff in the Coach holding area after the game which got quite nasty, got to love a bit of infighting.

thats what i originally thought with all the banning orders and cut backs it would of been completely stamped out but lately a lot of videos of firms with a lot of boys going at it quite frequently for example millwall and a lot of other teams like port vale and a lot of other team seem like their living in the old days without a worry when millwall played tottenham not so long ago theirs videos of meets away from ob and fans at in infront of the ob and no word of any banning orders were given after these games
Last edited by bluuebird69 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:50 pm

I do miss a good punch up tbf.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Dahboy wrote:I do miss a good punch up tbf.

well tbh with you mate iv seen a lot of it coming back in the last 2 years on youtube and thats only what breaks out infront of ob and the cctv some away fans have been telling me about the situation with the amount of meets they have bumped into, maybe cardiff fans have just become bored of that part of matchday :roll:

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:44 pm

bluuebird69 wrote:
bluuebird69 wrote:

thats what i originally thought with all the banning orders and cut backs it would of been completely stamped out but lately a lot of videos of firms with a lot of boys going at it quite frequently for example millwall and a lot of other teams like port vale and a lot of other team seem like their living in the old days without a worry when millwall played tottenham not so long ago theirs videos of meets away from ob and fans at in infront of the ob and no word of any banning orders were given after these games

Millwall are an entity unto themselves, they are a one off who seem to have a conveyor belt of loons but they have not suffered at the hands of the OB that we have,

South Wales Police practically led the way in policing Football matches in the UK never mind Wales. Potato Head used to go all over the place advising different forces the country over. There is no other club in the country that has had someone jailed for 4 years for Football, they practically shut is down as a firm.

Teams like Port Vale, Chesterfield, Mansfield have always had firms of 150-200 for big matches and they get away with it in the lower leagues that's why you see it plus some forces wont have the resources to go after lads. South Wales Police had a massive budget when we were playing up in the early late 90's early 00's and when the Cup finals were down here, thats how they did it as opposed to others.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:50 pm

RV Casual wrote:
bluuebird69 wrote:
bluuebird69 wrote:

Millwall are an entity unto themselves, they are a one off who seem to have a conveyor belt of loons but they have not suffered at the hands of the OB that we have,

South Wales Police practically led the way in policing Football matches in the UK never mind Wales. Potato Head used to go all over the place advising different forces the country over. There is no other club in the country that has had someone jailed for 4 years for Football, they practically shut is down as a firm.

Teams like Port Vale, Chesterfield, Mansfield have always had firms of 150-200 for big matches and they get away with it in the lower leagues that's why you see it plus some forces wont have the resources to go after lads. South Wales Police had a massive budget when we were playing up in the early late 90's early 00's and when the Cup finals were down here, thats how they did it as opposed to others.

i just cant take the fact how poor the atmosphere and way of football is heading its not something you can enjoy anymore unless your some boring rugby or cricket fan proper football needs to be back

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:59 pm

As rv casual said....south Wales police were ahead of other ukforces in fact ahead of other European forces in the way they dealt with football hooliganism maybe because the way we used to be they became experts early doors.

Scuffles still happening away and I've no doubts if millwall want it on the day there will be plenty Cardiff willing to go for it but they won't be starting it.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:06 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:As rv casual said....south Wales police were ahead of other ukforces in fact ahead of other European forces in the way they dealt with football hooliganism maybe because the way we used to be they became experts early doors.

Scuffles still happening away and I've no doubts if millwall want it on the day there will be plenty Cardiff willing to go for it but they won't be starting it.

what happened to firms meeting away from the stadium, the big brother and the ob

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:07 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:As rv casual said....south Wales police were ahead of other ukforces in fact ahead of other European forces in the way they dealt with football hooliganism maybe because the way we used to be they became experts early doors.

Exactly mate and its also one of the reasons people have started turning up here cos they know how it goes for us now.

Bristol City last season I had to seriously give my head a shake twice as I almost went for it, 10-15 years ago a few Wurzels would have felt me steam into them on Sloper Road but luckily (for me) I managed to keep a cool head, mainly for my family than anything else, imagine going home and telling your Mrs and Kids and your employer your going away for 2 years cos you smacked a Bristol City fan at the Football :oops:

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:12 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Exactly mate and its also one of the reasons people have started turning up here cos they know how it goes for us now.

Bristol City last season I had to seriously give my head a shake twice as I almost went for it, 10-15 years ago a few Wurzels would have felt me steam into them on Sloper Road but luckily (for me) I managed to keep a cool head, mainly for my family than anything else, imagine going home and telling your Mrs and Kids and your employer your going away for 2 years cos you smacked a Bristol City fan at the Football :oops:

cant the banning orders be avoided by a hat and scarf seems to simple to be true and whats the chances of ob knicking you when your with a mob id rather take a bang from the baton :idea:

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:37 am

RV Casual wrote:

This is very true mate and in the heat of the moment it's very difficult to keep your head sometimes and think about cctv and people filming.
Both my sons are big City fans and I often worry about them, especially when they occasionally go away.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:00 am

RV Casual wrote:

Totally agree with this ,lots of fans like myself found out the hard way its just not worth it anymore ,South wales police and cctv means its ocer

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Totally agree with this ,lots of fans like myself found out the hard way its just not worth it anymore ,South wales police and cctv means its ocer

aint it easy enough to avoid cctv thought a cover up a simple as a hat and scarf seems simple enough

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:59 pm

bluuebird69 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

aint it easy enough to avoid cctv thought a cover up a simple as a hat and scarf seems simple enough an considering most teams still have firms thriving again nowa days the likes us cardiff is a shock to not have one even if south wales ob are on top i never hear of anyone having a go at away games that being said i havent been to an away game in years

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Only trouble you really get at the games now is the odd few lads who may bump into each other,the old bill got it wrapped up down here they have done for years now.cardiff still got plenty of lads that if provoked will have a pop An can more than handle themselves,sad part is more An more English firms know Cardiff are not active or don't have that big a mob anymore so they come here taking the piss

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 pm

[quote="stephendavid"]Only trouble you really get at the games now is the odd few lads who may bump into each other,the old bill got it wrapped up down here they have done for years now.cardiff still got plenty of lads that if provoked will have a pop An can more than handle themselves,sad part is more An more English firms know Cardiff are not active or don't have that big a mob anymore so they come here taking the piss
agreed, english firms are still ahead of the game where ever they go it seems like they stil have it sused, personally myself theirs nothing more id like to see than one of these english firms coming back down here taking the piss and have a right shockif cardiff formed a mob again not so much for frequent home use but at least a few games away and if cardiff were up for it the police woud have no choice but to hold a line and have a go back at the firms as their would be to many to even make a move

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:32 pm

stephendavid wrote:Only trouble you really get at the games now is the odd few lads who may bump into each other,the old bill got it wrapped up down here they have done for years now.cardiff still got plenty of lads that if provoked will have a pop An can more than handle themselves,sad part is more An more English firms know Cardiff are not active or don't have that big a mob anymore so they come here taking the piss

see plenty of youth dressed in the gear aint they up for it

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Hopefully all that type of nonsense is in the past now

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:59 pm

AHERNE wrote:Hopefully all that type of nonsense is in the past now

it will never fully go away the buzz is to real

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 pm

bluuebird69 wrote:theirs no doubt about it that there will be trouble at this game but what ever happened to cardiffs firm, are they still around or is it just it happens when it happens sort of situation?

Cardiff millwall are just an average game these day.

Last time we played them in Cardiff they brought just about 200 fans down.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:13 am

With the Antony Joshua fight the OB will stretched to the limit, they just down the Champions League Final with Face Reconition in operation, well if these two events clash it will be a whole different ball game, Canton could be full of out of retirement pass the baton types in wigs, glasses, bad fashion blending right in, who knows but you must adapt to overcome, as Saes Firms seem to doing on a small scale, we've got the advantage of being local (ish) and getting in position Friday night minimum to avoid Roads & Rails.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:20 am

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:With the Antony Joshua fight the OB will stretched to the limit, they just down the Champions League Final with Face Reconition in operation, well if these two events clash it will be a whole different ball game, Canton could be full of out of retirement pass the baton types in wigs, glasses, bad fashion blending right in, who knows but you must adapt to overcome, as Saes Firms seem to doing on a small scale, we've got the advantage of being local (ish) and getting in position Friday night minimum to avoid Roads & Rails.

avoid roads and rails?, anyhow we got Sunderland soon and their pretty active

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:23 am

bluuebird69 wrote:
Bushy Eyebrows wrote:With the Antony Joshua fight the OB will stretched to the limit, they just down the Champions League Final with Face Reconition in operation, well if these two events clash it will be a whole different ball game, Canton could be full of out of retirement pass the baton types in wigs, glasses, bad fashion blending right in, who knows but you must adapt to overcome, as Saes Firms seem to doing on a small scale, we've got the advantage of being local (ish) and getting in position Friday night minimum to avoid Roads & Rails.

avoid roads and rails?, anyhow we got Sunderland soon and their pretty active
Travelling on match day if these two events happen on one day will make things hard to reach Canton etc The Russians had a yacht with a Gym with 50 + MMA Youth & Adults training under wraps weeks before their Clash with Saes at the Euros, Sunderland will definitely getting closer to the ground for drinks than Town. Stay on your toes with your Bro's we are the Pride of Wales, we are a big scalp never forget, I'm saying to much, use your heads have fun take no shit on our door step Pubs as always!

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:03 am

It's finished nearly down these ways to many a lad ended up doing big jail for next to nothing!!a lot of clubs get along An certain clubs lads 'guest' with a lot of cardiff nowadays as mad as that sounds I've seen An been in the company of many a Birmingham,pompey,Exeter & Southampton lads the past few years,also certain top Cardiff lads got a big link and massive respect with Middlesbrough born out of the fa cup game in the 90s,the games changed An lads happily have a jar an a chat An reminisce than a scrap!!

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:19 am

bluuebird69 wrote:
bluuebird69 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

aint it easy enough to avoid cctv thought a cover up a simple as a hat and scarf seems simple enough an considering most teams still have firms thriving again nowa days the likes us cardiff is a shock to not have one even if south wales ob are on top i never hear of anyone having a go at away games that being said i havent been to an away game in years

Yeah I always used to go for the false nose and moustache combo.
Worked every time.

:lol:

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:49 am

RV C is spot on, reckon the plod would quite happily allow something to happen, film it all and send all and sundry down for a few years like they did v West Ham and Chelsea on kings rd. people in there 40's going down, lives ruined for something they would probably get away with completely in their 20's.
Cardiff, like millwall, used to have a conveybelt like system of lads coming through, not anymore though as they can see the damage and aren't stupid enough to ruin their young lives. Ever since I first started going in 87 we always seemed to have about 150 banned each season, always top of the charts. That won't be the case anymore I'm sure. Lads around here have wised up and as said I don't think any other club has been so harshly dealt with like CCFC. they don't really care about the lower leagues either so they can carry on..... :old: