Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' 1927 Club Revival (London & Surrounding areas) '

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:23 am

Afternoon All,

Within the past few months, I've created what I hope to be a revival of what formerly was the 1927 Club, City's London based supporters club. Unfortunately, for some reason, I believe the club disbanded and hasn't resurfaced. I've set up a twitter user called LDNBluebirds to hopefully bring back some old friends and create a London based community for fans that have come down here for work, Uni, family etc.

Intentions of the page is to connect fans supporting Wales and obviously City, to travel to home and away games (especially London based ones), playing football and supporting London based, Welsh businesses.

"Our" first intended meet is for Saturday's game vs Fulham, meeting some London based City fans in The Rocket (Wetherspoons on Fulham High St). It would be good to get in contact with anyone who's interested in the page and to obviously have a pint with them on the weekend, best way to contact is through the aforementioned Twitter handle.

If you're keen, get in contact!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1927 Club Revival

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:32 am

Travelling down from Hemel Hempstead for it, should be able to get there for a few!

I'll give you a follow on twitter

Re: ' 1927 Club Revival '

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:53 am

LDNBluebirds wrote:Afternoon All,

Within the past few months, I've created what I hope to be a revival of what formerly was the 1927 Club, City's London based supporters club. Unfortunately, for some reason, I believe the club disbanded and hasn't resurfaced. I've set up a twitter user called LDNBluebirds to hopefully bring back some old friends and create a London based community for fans that have come down here for work, Uni, family etc.

Intentions of the page is to connect fans supporting Wales and obviously City, to travel to home and away games (especially London based ones), playing football and supporting London based, Welsh businesses.

"Our" first intended meet is for Saturday's game vs Fulham, meeting some London based City fans in The Rocket (Wetherspoons on Fulham High St). It would be good to get in contact with anyone who's interested in the page and to obviously have a pint with them on the weekend, best way to contact is through the aforementioned Twitter handle.

If you're keen, get in contact!

Followed. But about 15 of us meeting at The Rutland Arms or Blue Anchor near Hammersmith Bridge first. Then stroll down to The Crabtree and off to the ground.

Good luck with ur twitter stuff. We got 2 away Friday night games coming up soon. May be a good time to organise something for those games :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: ' 1927 Club Revival (London & Surrounding areas) '

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:27 pm

I no longer live in London / SE, but I think this is very good news. Hopefully, the 1927 Club name can also be revived / reclaimed / put on a new flag...

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:29 pm

I rem the 1927 Club well.

It was great to have them and would give City an extra 30-300 fans at an away game in the bad old days, Great to hear they are back :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:51 pm

This is excellent news, well done for reorganising 1927 Club and long may it continue!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Reply from FB

Nesling Tony:

Thats good i live in aldershot

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Great News! :ayatollah: lets get it back up and running to what it used to be!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Cracking News! :ayatollah:

Couple of us are coming from High Wycombe & meeting other from Maidenhead.

Will try get in pub beforehand :occasion5:

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:25 pm

I'll come along - see you there!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:43 pm

We are starting off in the Dove, not far from the Blue Anchor and Rutland Arms. Leaving Liverpool Street at 11am.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Reply from FB

Sion Holt:
Yes please. I travel down from Norwich for games .

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:58 pm

My lad lives in London he used to go to games with the 1927 London based Cardiff supporters don't know why it disband but he would be interested if you where doing home trips and Welsh games there are lots of city fans from port talbot who are based in London he's got loads of mates who are London based and city fans from other areas of South Wales we will both be in Fulham on Saturday and his mate

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:24 pm

We will be in The Crabtree - always windy but a nice little boozer just up the Thames Path, 10 mins away from the the ground. And a Craven Cottage pie at HT. 2-1 City. Farrrp.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:This is excellent news, well done for reorganising 1927 Club and long may it continue!

:thumbup: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from FB

Sion Holt:
Yes please. I travel down from Norwich for games .

Where are the replies on FB Annis? Would like to contact a few to let them know our intentions etc..

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:26 pm

I live just outside London and will definitely meet up with you guys for a few London games this year.

I haven't got twatter or FB so please post on here too when you're making plans,

Cheers :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:11 am

Great news well done

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:55 am

Good to hear of the interest from London and the surrounding areas.

To provide a bit of background to the original poster, following the infamous rebrand there was a split in the original 1927 Club, with those still following Cardiff City (although not necessarily supporting the rebrand itself) forming a new group called "London Bluebirds." We have a forum that, like this forum, can be viewed by all but to post you need to register. The Forum is used mainly to arrange travel, pub meet ups etc., rather than a Forum used for debate on all things City, like this Forum.

If you would like to join the Forum and use it to arrange to meet up for games then please do so - it would be good to meet some new faces in the area.

Link to Forum is:

http://londonbluebirds.boardhost.com/

:bluebird: