Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BEN WOODBURN

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:08 pm

I hope he doesn't bulk up too much in the coming years. Stay slight up top and keep the speed and power in the legs.

Re: ben woodburn

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 pm

I'm not one to go ott on a player and hope people don't as the next step is to usually knock him back down.

However he really impressed me against Moldova. Very good use of the ball, great positional play and considering his size he wasn't knocked about to much.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Happy2happy2 wrote:hope he doesn't bulk up too much in the coming years. stay slight up top and keep the speed and power in the legs.

Bale looked like a weed at his age look at him now bulked right up

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Happy2happy2 wrote:hope he doesn't bulk up too much in the coming years. stay slight up top and keep the speed and power in the legs.

He's only going to get better. I know Liverpool fans really rate him!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Bale looked like a weed at his age look at him now bulked right up

Remember Glen Hoddle?

He scored on his debut for Spurs at the age of 17. The following season he bulked up another 17 lbs. Didn't do him any harm.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Remember Glen Hoddle?

He scored on his debut for Spurs at the age of 17. The following season he bulked up another 17 lbs. Didn't do him any harm.

But he had Eileen Drewery ;)

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'm not one to go ott on a player and hope people don't as the next step is to usually knock him back down.

However he really impressed me against Moldova. Very good use of the ball, great positional play and considering his size he wasn't knocked about to much.

I was also very impressed with his positional play and use of the ball as well as his determination to 'make something happen'

Word has it there is another Welsh Wonder kid just about to emerge from Chelsea's academy. :thumbup:

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I'm not one to go ott on a player and hope people don't as the next step is to usually knock him back down.

I was also very impressed with his positional play and use of the ball as well as his determination to 'make something happen'

Word has it there is another Welsh Wonder kid just about to emerge from Chelsea's academy. :thumbup:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... u-13438766

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:53 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I remember his dad "Kwame Ampadu" playing. He used to play for Swansea. It sounds as though Ethan might be able to play for Ghana, Wales or the Republic of Ireland (who his dad played for). Hope he chooses Wales!

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I remember his dad "Kwame Ampadu" playing. He used to play for Swansea. It sounds as though Ethan might be able to play for Ghana, Wales or the Republic of Ireland (who his dad played for). Hope he chooses Wales!

Wasn't he on the bench against Moldova? That says to me he's picked Wales already.

Coleman needs to bring him on in the next game even if its for a minute.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 pm

The Blades winger who came on against us and played really well, Brooks, is also Welsh. Ampadu highly rated .....England after him.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm

bluemun wrote:The Blades winger who came on against us and played really well, Brooks, is also Welsh. Ampadu highly rated .....England after him.

picked up player of the tournament in Toulon...for Engerland..has since seen sense and is back with Wales..

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:03 pm

We were talking about this lad last season - Has not let us down :thumbup: