Direct Flight from Cardiff to Georgia

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:14 am

Ken at Strachan Sports Travel is planning on putting a direct flight from Cardiff to Georgia, if you are interested drop him an email ken@stachansportstravel.com. :P
Cardiffcitymad

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Direct Flight from Cardiff to Georgia

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:30 am

Sounds like a good idea. Just to double check in the email address you've given there is no r in strachan. So am I right I. Assuming the correct email address is mailto:ken@strachansportstravel.com or is the email address provided correct?
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Sorry my bad... The website is https://www.strachansportstravel.com so the email is ken@strachansportstravel.com :thumbup:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby dogfound » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:Sorry my bad... The website is https://www.strachansportstravel.com so the email is ken@strachansportstravel.com :thumbup:

have you had the ticket application email..?
dogfound

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:Sorry my bad... The website is https://www.strachansportstravel.com so the email is ken@strachansportstravel.com :thumbup:

Not yet, have they sent it?
Cardiffcitymad

Postby dogfound » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
dogfound wrote:

no i havent recieved one...thought id ask because its only a month away ,and you were talking about flights.
and normally they have this phase 1 to 26 thing lol.
dogfound

Postby epping blue » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
dogfound wrote:

no i havent recieved one...thought id ask because its only a month away ,and you were talking about flights.

I used to get them but haven't for he last few away games. Allocation's not an issue we'll have as many as we want. 4 of us going and to be honest cant wait.
epping blue

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 pm

epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I used to get them but haven't for he last few away games. Allocation's not an issue we'll have as many as we want. 4 of us going and to be honest cant wait.

I don't think ill have an issue getting tickets because I've only missed one Wales home game and made every away game in the last eight years, I'm not making the bookings just passing on the message to fans who are looking to travel direct who haven't already booked :thumbup:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:37 am

Ok so I have recieved a bit more information on this... :thumbup:

GEORGIA V WALES FRIDAY, 06 OCTOBER

K.O. 8.00PM Boris Paichadze Stadium, Tbilisi.

PRIVATE CHARTER FLIGHT & RETURN AIRPORT TRANSFERS:

£499.00 PER PERSON (Match tickets are not included, available only from the FAW)

ARRIVAL TRANSFER - AIRPORT TO CITY CENTRE

DEPARTURE TRANSFER - STADIUM TO AIRPORT

05 OCT Cardiff 2330 / Tbilisi 0730 (times subject to confirmation)

07 OCT Tbilisi 0030 / Cardiff 0230 (times subject to confirmation)
Cardiffcitymad

Postby dogfound » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 pm

tickets on sale from Monday 18th
allocation 2000
stage1 ..5 aways out of the last 11...
dogfound

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:58 pm

dogfound wrote:tickets on sale from Monday 18th
allocation 2000

Thats great news, I hope the allocation will increase, if Strachan Sports Travel have good interest in this flight its possible that there might be more direct ones in the future. :thumbup:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby RV Casual » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
allocation 2000

Thats great news, I hope the allocation will increase, if Strachan Sports Travel have good interest in this flight its possible that there might be more direct ones in the future. :thumbup:

I can't see them having to much interest mate at those prices. Might be completely wrong mind. I'm lucky enough to have a bit of spare money due to my circumstances and would love to have gone but I'm not paying £500 for a there and back job for what is just a qualifier at the end of the day :?
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:26 am

RV Casual wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
allocation 2000

I can't see them having to much interest mate at those prices. Might be completely wrong mind. I'm lucky enough to have a bit of spare money due to my circumstances and would love to have gone but I'm not paying £500 for a there and back job for what is just a qualifier at the end of the day :?

quite a few of our fans have become Wales regulars this last few years. which you can not do on the cheap ..and obviously it takes its toll on our away suport..as did the Euros 15 months ago where people spent hundreds of pounds just on tickets.
dogfound

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:53 am

RV Casual wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
allocation 2000

It sounds a lot, but don't forget due to the flight times there is no accommodation costs, it's literally there and back but you get to spend the whole day in georgia with the fans. :thumbup:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby caerblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:29 am

£500 For a one dayer is to expensive,get a week in Spain for that
caerblue

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:46 pm

caerblue wrote:£500 For a one dayer is to expensive,get a week in Spain for that

But the flights alone are not direct to Georgia so catching two or three planes and transport to and from the airport if your flying from far away, plus accommodation, it all adds up. I think its quite a good deal personally, would have definitely done it in Moldova because there was not much there to see. :thumbup:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Real shame to receive this email this evening, hopefully Strachan Sports Travel will offer a trip at a later date, I think they left it too late because people had already booked. Back to the drawing board for me, out of interest ill let you know dogfound what the route and total cost of the trip will set me back. :thumbright:

GEORGIA V WALES 06 OCTOBER 2017

Dear Wales Supporter,

It is with regret that our planned Cardiff to Tbilisi Charter Flight programme has had to be cancelled.
Following a fantastic groundswell of interest, sadly, the minimum number fell very short. We have had to make this decision before the match tickets go on sales on Monday, 18th September.
Cardiffcitymad

Postby caerblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:£500 For a one dayer is to expensive,get a week in Spain for that

But the flights alone are not direct to Georgia so catching two or three planes and transport to and from the airport if your flying from far away, plus accommodation, it all adds up. I think its quite a good deal personally, would have definitely done it in Moldova because there was not much there to see. :thumbup:

No matter what way it's put mate £500 is simply to much,i was planning on using this trip for my stag,and it's not the easiest place to reach,but judging from the cancelation most people thought the same
caerblue

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:57 pm

caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

No matter what way it's put mate £500 is simply to much,i was planning on using this trip for my stag,and it's not the easiest place to reach,but judging from the cancelation most people thought the same

I've been frantically looking for flights this evening and by far the best for me is from Gatwick direct to Georgia via georgian airways leaving on the 4th and returning on the 7th thats £496.40 per person, parking in Gatwick (cheapest option) £40, not looked at accommodation yet :wtf:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby caerblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

I've been frantically looking for flights this evening and by far the best for me is from Gatwick direct to Georgia via georgian airways leaving on the 4th and returning on the 7th thats £496.40 per person, parking in Gatwick (cheapest option) £40, not looked at accommodation yet :wtf:

Add the cost of getting to Gatwick on top,food drink and hotel your talking over £1000,that's now two weeks in Spain lol
caerblue

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 pm

caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Add the cost of getting to Gatwick on top,food drink and hotel your talking over £1000,that's now two weeks in Spain lol

Spot on, hence the direct Cardiff option would have been the best.... I guess thats the cost these days of being a hard core Welsh football fan :lol:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby caerblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Spot on, hence the direct Cardiff option would have been the best.... I guess thats the cost these days of being a hard core Welsh football fan :lol:

Done Germany years back arriving and leaving the same day,was knackered,rather spend a few days there,most are still recovering financially from France,could be a money spinner for someone,organising flights direct from Cardiff to Wales away games
caerblue

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:20 pm

caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Done Germany years back arriving and leaving the same day,was knackered,rather spend a few days there,most are still recovering financially from France,could be a money spinner for someone,organising flights direct from Cardiff to Wales away games

Agree, the Welsh fans always book up early to get the best and cheapest option, I know for a fact there are a number of fans who would have definitely gone on this flight if they hadn't already booked up elsewhere, I think it was left too late and wasn't advertised enough. The Russian trip is going to be a nightmare - 'when we get there' :lol:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby RV Casual » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Agree, the Welsh fans always book up early to get the best and cheapest option, I know for a fact there are a number of fans who would have definitely gone on this flight if they hadn't already booked up elsewhere, I think it was left too late and wasn't advertised enough. The Russian trip is going to be a nightmare - 'when we get there' :lol:

I found flights the other day via istanbul £280 but I couldn't get the time off work, Moldova flights were £170 with Wizz Air direct when they first came out aswell, got to be on the ball.

I agree with you though, SS have left this a bit late this time but the idea is good :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:Real shame to receive this email this evening, hopefully Strachan Sports Travel will offer a trip at a later date, I think they left it too late because people had already booked. Back to the drawing board for me, out of interest ill let you know dogfound what the route and total cost of the trip will set me back. :thumbright:

Dear Wales Supporter,

It is with regret that our planned Cardiff to Tbilisi Charter Flight programme has had to be cancelled.
Following a fantastic groundswell of interest, sadly, the minimum number fell very short. We have had to make this decision before the match tickets go on sales on Monday, 18th September.

afraid im one of the people that enquired but hadnt quite decided to defo go..we were waiting for the ticket info {which was also late coming out }before deciding..turns out we are in stage1 for this one. meeting up this afternoon but unlikely will go now..play offs instead ..
FIFA btw have started selling tickets, you can buy Wales tickets as a package for as far into the tournament as you wish..if Wales do not qualify you get a refund.
dogfound

Postby epping blue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:31 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

You could still do this
Wed 4 oct Luton - Katowice 14.30 arrive 17.45 £ 27
Katowice - Kutaisi 22.40 arrive approx. 3.30 am 229 Zlotti or £ 47

Your in Georgia for less than £ 75. You've got to get to Tbilisi but there are busses and if there's a few you could do a cab
Busses are really cheap and I think the taxis can be reasonable

Getting back is a bit trickier
cheapest on expedia seems to be Aegian via Athens on the Saturday
05.15 arrive Heathrow 11.50 £ 140.50
Its a pain to get up so early but to be honest most flights seem to Tbilisi seem to / from be the middle of the night
epping blue

Postby epping blue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:09 am

epping blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

You could still do this

Your in Georgia for less than £ 75. You've got to get to Tbilisi but there are busses and if there's a few you could do a cab

Its a pain to get up so early but to be honest most flights seem to Tbilisi seem to / from be the middle of the night

Apparently there are busses to Tbilisi from Kutaisi airport following every flight. Its about 150 miles and costs 20 Lari - abou £ 6. You should be in Tbilisi in time for breakfast.
epping blue

Postby epping blue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:19 am

epping blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

You could still do this

Apparently there are busses to Tbilisi from Kutaisi airport following every flight. Its about 150 miles and costs 20 Lari - abou £ 6. You should be in Tbilisi in time for breakfast.

Oh don't worry about the ticket allocation. When the Irish were there, tickets could be readily bought and it was so relaxed you could sit where ever you wanted.
epping blue

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:31 pm

dogfound wrote:FIFA btw have started selling tickets, you can buy Wales tickets as a package for as far into the tournament as you wish..if Wales do not qualify you get a refund.

Thats interesting, thanks for that :thumbup:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:33 pm

epping blue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

You could still do this

The thought of going all the way upto Luton airport depresses me :( I have looked today and we can go from Cardiff with KLM, via Amsterdam and Ukraine arriving in Georgia 23.55. :thumbup:
Cardiffcitymad

Next

Return to General Chat