Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: ' SATURDAY TUBE CLOSURES /FULHAM AWAY '

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 am

' SATURDAY TUBE CLOSURES /FULHAM AWAY '

Heads up for anyone going to Fulham on Public Transport, there is some planned closures on the Tube. We're coming into Paddington but the District Line is closed around there, so below is the best way to get there according to their website. The Hammersmith Line is also closed so that option is out of the question.

Alternatively, the overground runs to Putney Station, but I'm unsure where that goes from. ANy suggestions better than the one below? :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' SATURDAY TUBE CLOSURES /FULHAM AWAY '

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 pm

If you are traveling from Cardiff you can get off at Reading and get train to Putney which apparently is about a mile from the ground. I think you have a change at Windsor or Staines.

We have looked at this option and its actually cheaper this way if you do a split ticket, Cardiff to Swindon, Swindon to Reading, Reading to Putney. About £60 adult compared to £76 to Paddington plus tube. The only problem is that you may not make the earliest train back to Reading after the game-it leaves at about 5.20- meaning you will get back to Cardiff an hour later than going back to Paddington.

Also you get the chance to discuss the days events on Reading station with our friends from Bristol!

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Hammersmith & City line is also closed, which adds on the fun !

Another alternative is:
Paddington - Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo Line...... about 10mins)
Piccadilly Circus - Earl's Court (Piccadilly Line......about 11 mins)
Earl's Court - Putney Bridge (District Line......about 7 mins)

...... also gives you a chance to have a drink around Earl's Court, as the pubs around Putney Bridge will be heaving.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Folkestone_Blue wrote:Hammersmith & City line is also closed, which adds on the fun !

Another alternative is:
Paddington - Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo Line...... about 10mins)
Piccadilly Circus - Earl's Court (Piccadilly Line......about 11 mins)
Earl's Court - Putney Bridge (District Line......about 7 mins)

...... also gives you a chance to have a drink around Earl's Court, as the pubs around Putney Bridge will be heaving.

Thanks very much - will give that a go :thumbup:

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 pm

I have just texted my lad this has he lives in London and I'm meeting him there saturday he's just checked it out for me .he says it's only closed bewteen high St Kensington and Edgware road.if you get the circle line to Gloucester rd you can then change for the district line to Putney Bridge which is the wimbledon line :thumbup:

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:11 pm

That won't work. Circle line and district line share the same tunnels on that route. Confirmed on TFL website