Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City get both awards '

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:36 am

Warnock and Mendez laing have scooped manager and player of month. Good reward for good start

NEIL WARNOCK MANAGER OF THE MONTH & MENDEZ-LAING :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: City get both awards

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 am

Well done both , well deserved .
I don't think Malky won it once during our promotion season .
Fingers crossed that the dreaded M O M curse , doesn't effect us

Re: ' Cardiff City get both awards '

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:10 am

Fully deserved on both! Can we keep the momentum up?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:10 am

As a club we have now won it 8 times. That's the most by any club at this level (share record with Reading)

Lennie Lawrence
Dave Jones (5 times)
Milky Mackay (not the promotion season)
Neil Warnock.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:39 am

Congratulations to both men and fantastic news for Neil Warnock, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Cardiff City FC :thumbright: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:42 am

Warnock On Mendez-Laing:

"Right from meeting him I know what he’s got, it’s just reassuring lads like that, that the step up is not what you think, and to be yourself really."

" He has attributes which we use and you can see he enjoys it. Even before the season started, we had a very good pre-season."

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:51 am

Neil Warnock on his award:

"Every one (award) is important. I remember most of them. It’s not an award for the manager, it’s an award for the whole club. We’ve moved together from the top right down, we are united. It’s a really good achievement."

"The players have done really well and we’ve had a good pre-season and we’ve played good stuff well."

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 am

At the end of the season these awards mean little or nothing if you don't get promoted but what a fantastic achievement and a reflection of how far the club has come in a short time.

Whether NW gets us promoted or not in my opinion NW will go down as the manager who saved our club... on and off the pitch. I finally feel that passion and warmth for City that I haven't had for a long time (since before Malky) and it is not just about winning but the whole ethos of the club, attitude of the players and finally fans who feel connected again.

Laing is also a class act, receiving the award "on behalf of all of the lads"... a small but significant comment that reflects a new spirit and togetherness.

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:16 am

:thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Wayne S wrote:As a club we have now won it 8 times. That's the most by any club at this level (share record with Reading)

Lennie Lawrence
Dave Jones (5 times)
Malky Mackay (not the promotion season)
Neil Warnock.

Only Malky Mackay has then gone on to win the first game of the next month.

Time for Warnock to match him.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Sven wrote:Congratulations to both men and fantastic news for Neil Warnock, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Cardiff City FC :thumbright: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

:thumbup: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 am

That's the kiss of death then.