Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: ' NEIL WAROCK UPDATES '

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:25 am

BREAKING NEWS NEIL WARNOCK TODAY :thumbright: :bluebird:

The key points from Neil Warnock's press conference :thumbright: :thumbright:

Warnock not interested in signing Joe Ledley - finished on business “until January”

Callum Paterson won’t be back “until October” but is back in training

Warnock reveals new signing Craig Bryson was the one player he’d have “liked to sign permanently”

The boss believes “it wouldn’t be a shock if we lost all three games” given the competitive nature of the Championship

:bluebird: FIRST CONGRATULATIONS:

NEIL WARNOCK FOR BEING NAMED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER OF THE MONTH & MENDEZ'-LAING FOR PLAYER OF THE MONTH :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Neil Warnock On Kenneth Zohore staying: :thumbright:

"It’s important that Zohore stayed, but I do feel sorry for Danny Ward because he’s on fire in training. When you’ve won five out of five you can’t complain to the manager. He will play an important part this season."

"It is an absolute nightmare for managers. Last year we had deadline day on a game day. I was on the bench trying to do a deal. It’s no thought from people who haven’t got a clue about the game."

"I think it only encourages you to be a better manager."

Neil Warnock rules out any move for Joe Ledley

"We’re done now until January. I don’t want any other additions. I was looking for that attacking midfield player. That’s why Bryson shaded that."

How Neil Warnock got Bryson: :thumbright:

"He was my number one target. I just had a hunch when I rang up on that morning, because I had to get that passed by Vincent, Mehmet and Ken, they were fabulous."

"They really helped me secure Craig, they knew he was my target and he’s the one I’d have liked to sign permanently."

:bluebird: Neil Warnock on Fulham:

"Tomorrow’s going to be a real good challenge. I think they were the best team we played last year, in the play-offs, i thought if they got past Reading they’d have gone up."

Neil Warnock On his new signings:

Liam Feeney

"I think the two players coming in will help us get goals. Last window (Feeney) should’ve come. I think he needs me, he’s not been a regular at Blackburn and the way I see him playing I think he can do well for me which is why I let Matthew (Kennedy) go.
I think we’ve got better on the bench now. "

It’s given us a really good competitiveness now, to win games, not to just shut up shop."

Warnock On Mendez-Laing: :bluebird: :bluebird:

"Right from meeting him I know what he’s got, it’s just reassuring lads like that, that the step up is not what you think, and to be yourself really."

" He has attributes which we use and you can see he enjoys it. Even before the season started, we had a very good pre-season."

Neil Warnock On his side's form: :thumbright: :thumbright:

"All credit to the lads that were here aswell, we had a decent end to the season. I’ve not seen Hoilett or Bamba play like this before."

" You’ve got your consistent ones like Peltier, Gunnarson and Ralls. And you’ve got Zohore as good as anything in the country. With Mendez-Laing playing like this, it’s the freedom."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEIL WAROCK LIVE TODAY '

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:26 am

Neil Warnock is set to welcome back the likes of Bruno Manga, Aron Gunnarsson, Jazz Richards, Neil Etheridge and Junior Hoilett who have all been away on international duty.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 am

Neil Warnock on Fulham:

"Tomorrow’s going to be a real good challenge. I think they were the best team we played last year, in the play-offs, i thought if they got past Reading they’d have gone up."

"I think it’s soon (that they go up). I have lost in the playoffs once. It’s a horrible feeling and it’s very difficult to get the lads up, no matter what you say. They must have known they were the best team so it’s a double low to them. They’ve got so many good players, they’ll have a lot of the ball."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 am

Callum Paterson back in full training :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:33 am

:bluebird: ' CONGRATULATIONS NEIL WARNOCK ON CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER OF THE MONTH ' :bluebird:

Neil Warnock on his award:

"Every one (award) is important. I remember most of them. It’s not an award for the manager, it’s an award for the whole club. We’ve moved together from the top right down, we are united. It’s a really good achievement."

"The players have done really well and we’ve had a good pre-season and we’ve played good stuff well."

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:41 am

Team News for Fulham Away :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Connolly is fit, he’s Mr Reliable. You’ll always lose Matt for a few games with his ankles, he’s got ankles like pieces of paper.
Kadeem is doing very well, the medics are very happy with him. He’s still got the brace on but it comes off next week if I’m not mistaken."

"I went in the physio room and said they’ll be out of work soon."

"Paterson and Camp are both training, one’s going to have half a game in the U-21s (Paterson) next week and Camp is planning to have half a game the week after."

"I can’t envisage him coming back until October (Paterson) but they’re both big players."

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 am

Neil Warnock on the games ahead:

"The next two months, I’ve said from day one, if we can be in the top 4 from the end of October then we’ve got a good chance of the play-offs. In the championship you won’t win every game, it’s so difficult. It wouldn’t be a shock if we lost all three games."

"We’ll have to use the squad a bit. Bruno’s not even back yet. We’ll have to think carefully about selection.
Warnock on the upcoming fixtures"

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 am

Warnock On Mendez-Laing:

"Right from meeting him I know what he’s got, it’s just reassuring lads like that, that the step up is not what you think, and to be yourself really."

" He has attributes which we use and you can see he enjoys it. Even before the season started, we had a very good pre-season."

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am

How Neil Warnock got Bryson:

"He was my number one target. I just had a hunch when I rang up on that morning, because I had to get that passed by Vincent, Mehmet and Ken, they were fabulous."

"They really helped me secure Craig, they knew he was my target and he’s the one I’d have liked to sign permanently."

Warnock On what Bryson brings:

"He’s a very underrated player, he’s a manager’s player, I think that’s why Gary was a bit loathe to let him come. He doesn’t catch the eye but you always give him 8/10. We’re asking a lot of Loic to play three games a week when he’s come from the second division in France."

Re: ' NEIL WAROCK LIVE NOW '

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:47 am

Neil Warnock On his new signings:

Liam Feeney

"I think the two players coming in will help us get goals. Last window (Feeney) should’ve come. I think he needs me, he’s not been a regular at Blackburn and the way I see him playing I think he can do well for me which is why I let Matthew (Kennedy) go.
I think we’ve got better on the bench now. "

It’s given us a really good competitiveness now, to win games, not to just shut up shop."

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 am

Neil Warnock On his side's form:

"All credit to the lads that were here aswell, we had a decent end to the season. I’ve not seen Hoilett or Bamba play like this before."

" You’ve got your consistent ones like Peltier, Gunnarson and Ralls. And you’ve got Zohore as good as anything in the country. With Mendez-Laing playing like this, it’s the freedom."

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:52 am

Neil Warnock On Kenneth Zohore staying:

"It’s important that Zohore stayed, but I do feel sorry for Danny Ward because he’s on fire in training. When you’ve won five out of five you can’t complain to the manager. He will play an important part this season."

"It is an absolute nightmare for managers. Last year we had deadline day on a game day. I was on the bench trying to do a deal. It’s no thought from people who haven’t got a clue about the game."

"I think it only encourages you to be a better manager."

"There was always interest in Zohore and the board I imagine of years ago would’ve snapped offers up but they weren’t the right offers for us. Ken’s a very important player for us so we were delighted when the window closed."

" I think he needs another year to play under me. He’s come back a lot more mature than when he first came into the team. His contribution has been super."

"I had Premier League managers ringing me and told me that they’d put an offer in, but then it was left to Mehmet and Vincent and they said no right from the start."

Re: BREAKING NEWS: ' NEIL WAROCK TODAY '

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:00 am

Neil Warnock rules out any move for Joe Ledley

"We’re done now until January. I don’t want any other additions. I was looking for that attacking midfield player. That’s why Bryson shaded that."

Re: UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: ' NEIL WAROCK TODAY '

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:21 am

Positive Press Conference and a good month all round for Neil Warnock and Cardiff City FC :thumbup:

Hopefully now the Transfer Window is closed we can move on and concentrate on the players we have and not the ones who might (or might not) have been. It is clear that his targets have been achieved on the whole and that bodes well for the remainder of the season :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:30 am

Sven wrote:Positive Press Conference and a good month all round for Neil Warnock and Cardiff City FC :thumbup:

Hopefully now the Transfer Window is closed we can move on and concentrate on the players we have and not the ones who might (or might not) have been. It is clear that his targets have been achieved on the whole and that bodes well for the remainder of the season :ayatollah:

Chris, Yes Very positive from Neil Warnock :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Manager Of The Month :thumbup: :bluebird: