Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sunderland away

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 am

I'm fancying a trip to Sunderland in a few weeks, how many fans do everyone think we will take?
My prediction is around 450-500 city fans

Re: Sunderland away

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:17 am

Jesse Hill-Jones wrote:I'm fancying a trip to Sunderland in a few weeks, how many fans do everyone think we will take?

Depends on the next couple of games.
If we can get 2 wins out of the next three then I think it'll be closer to 1k maybe even more.

I predict the below : -

Fulham draw
Preston - 3 - 0 to Cardiff
Sheff Wed - draw

Sunderland - Draw

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:38 am

If top of the Championship then, We should take over a 1,000 fans surely its a Saturday 3pm :thumbright: :bluebird:

About 7 years ago,I took two coaches on a Tuesday night there in the Championship and we had 1,200 fans there :thumbright:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:If top of the Championship then, We should take over a 1,000 fans surely its a Saturday 3pm :thumbright: :bluebird:

About 7 years ago,I took two coaches on a Tuesday night there in the Championship and we had 1,200 fans there :thumbright:

I've been before but I flew up the day before.
How long we looking at Annis, 5 hours up and back?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:47 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If top of the Championship then, We should take over a 1,000 fans surely its a Saturday 3pm :thumbright: :bluebird:

Liam,
On a Tuesday night I have gone by coach it took 5hrs up and just under 5hrs back, two drivers, No stop.

In the car on a Tuesday night with a quick coffee stop by the side of the rd, I took 4hrs up and just under 4hrs back, I drove. :thumb right:

A Saturday will be longer.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:24 pm

In our Premier League season we had Sunderland away on a Sunday (six hours on the coach and six hours back) and the following Saturday we went to Newcastle (six hours there, six hours back).

I worked out that in less than one week I had spent a 24 hours on a coach, seen us lose twice and have our relegation confirmed at Newcastle! :o

The joys of being a City fan!

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:26 pm

davids wrote:In our Premier League season we had Sunderland away on a Sunday (six hours on the coach and six hours back) and the following Saturday we went to Newcastle (six hours there, six hours back).

I worked out that in less than one week I had spent a 24 hours on a coach, seen us lose twice and have our relegation confirmed at Newcastle! :o

The joys of being a City fan!

Very tiring.

David, I was at both as well and we took about 1,400 to each :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Liam,
On a Tuesday night I have gone by coach it took 5hrs up and just under 5hrs back, two drivers, No stop.

In the car on a Tuesday night with a quick coffee stop by the side of the rd, I took 4hrs up and just under 4hrs back, I drove. :thumb right:

A Saturday will be longer.

Cheers ! :thumbright:
I'll be going up on Lawnmower tours if he gets enough interest.
12 Hours of non stop drinking ( except stadium ) could be tough though.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Jesse Hill-Jones wrote:I'm fancying a trip to Sunderland in a few weeks, how many fans do everyone think we will take?

I'm not going to Sunderland but I reckon if we're still top of the league there'll be around a 1000 there.