Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock On Kenneth Zohore staying:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 am

Neil Warnock On Kenneth Zohore staying:

08/09/17

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s important that Zohore stayed, but I do feel sorry for Danny Ward because he’s on fire in training. When you’ve won five out of five you can’t complain to the manager. He will play an important part this season."

"It is an absolute nightmare for managers. Last year we had deadline day on a game day. I was on the bench trying to do a deal. It’s no thought from people who haven’t got a clue about the game."

"I think it only encourages you to be a better manager."

"There was always interest in Zohore and the board I imagine of years ago would’ve snapped offers up but they weren’t the right offers for us. Ken’s a very important player for us so we were delighted when the window closed."

" I think he needs another year to play under me. He’s come back a lot more mature than when he first came into the team. His contribution has been super."

"I had Premier League managers ringing me and told me that they’d put an offer in, but then it was left to Mehmet and Vincent and they said no right from the start."

Re: Neil Warnock On Kenneth Zohore staying:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:41 pm

" the board I imagine of years ago would’ve snapped offers up"

He is dead on there. Brilliant for us to have kept hold of one of an in demand player during a transfer window for once!

Re: Neil Warnock On Kenneth Zohore staying:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Interesting to note it was upto dalman & tan to decide if he was sold! Obviously the penny as dropped regarding promotion possibilities and best players are needed to succeed. :thumbup: