Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good News for Cardiff City tomorrow

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Tom Cairney out of Cardiff clash

Friday 8th September 2017

Fulham captain Tom Cairney will miss tomorrow’s Craven Cottage clash with Championship leaders Cardiff City due to injury, Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed during his pre-match press conference this afternoon.

The playmaker has been troubled by a knee injury since the summer, having had an operation in Barcelona to repair a meniscus tear during pre-season, and was withdrawn from the Scotland squad for their recent World Cup qualifiers in order to manage his fitness following his return in the 2-0 win at Ipswich last month. Cairney, who had an injection to ensure he could start the game at Portman Road, is definitely out of tomorrow afternoon’s game and he is not the only first-team figure Fulham will be without.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Good News for Cardiff City tomorrow

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 pm

That is really good news.

Cairney is definitely one of the best players in the Championship and it's a real boost that he's unable to play tomorrow.

It's a pity for the player of course and it would be interesting to see how our midfield did against him but I'd much rather he were not to play. :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:15 pm

davids wrote:That is really good news.

Cairney is definitely one of the best players in the Championship and it's a real boost that he's unable to play tomorrow.

It's a pity for the player of course and it would be interesting to see how our midfield did against him but I'd much rather he were not to play. :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

David, Very good news :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Happy to hear that news as he is probably the best CM in the championship. His passing and the way he dictates the tempo of games is similar to a young Peter Whittingham, so a big boost for us on Saturday.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:17 pm

I was speaking to someone at work this week and I said if we can stop Tom Cairney playing we'll win.

This is very good news!!

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm disappointed. I'd have liked Cairney to have played. If you wanna be the best, you have to beat the best.

Oh, and of course, should we win it'll give Fulham a massive excuse why we won :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Still, you can only beat what's in front of you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:48 pm

Ha,ha,the season that just keeps giving. :ayatollah:

Looks like our only worry might be Gunnars.I think playing 4 games in 10 days is a big ask for him given the type of player he is.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tom Cairney out of Cardiff clash

Fulham captain Tom Cairney will miss tomorrow’s Craven Cottage clash with Championship leaders Cardiff City due to injury, Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed during his pre-match press conference this afternoon.

The playmaker has been troubled by a knee injury since the summer, having had an operation in Barcelona to repair a meniscus tear during pre-season, and was withdrawn from the Scotland squad for their recent World Cup qualifiers in order to manage his fitness following his return in the 2-0 win at Ipswich last month. Cairney, who had an injection to ensure he could start the game at Portman Road, is definitely out of tomorrow afternoon’s game and he is not the only first-team figure Fulham will be without.

Not just Cairney that's unfit they've got a few others including their record signing striker according to the clip I've posted below.

Fulham manager Jokanovic has revealed a host of his first team players - including Tom Cairney, Lucas Piazon and big-money summer signing Rui Fonte - are unavailable to face the Bluebirds.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm

norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tom Cairney out of Cardiff clash

Not just Cairney that's unfit they've got a few others including their record signing striker according to the clip I've posted below.

Fulham manager Jokanovic has revealed a host of his first team players - including Tom Cairney, Lucas Piazon and big-money summer signing Rui Fonte - are unavailable to face the Bluebirds.

Norms,Nothing but good news :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:40 pm

5 or 6 out, but they've got a big squad full of talent. Remember their Cup side.

It still is an extremely tough test

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Rui Fonte out as well.