Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALWAYS SAID IT

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Ben Woodburn is someone Cardiff should have had on a season long Loan. Imagine if he came to Cardiff he would have been a Welsh hero for Cardiff City :thumbright:

Re: ALWAYS SAID IT

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:48 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Ben Woodburn is someone Cardiff should have had on a season long Loan. Imagine if he came to Cardiff he would have been a Welsh hero for Cardiff City :thumbright:

Agree .

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Would he get in the team?

Our middle 3 are all grafters, runner, put a foot in type players. Then who do you drop on the flanks, experienced players with a point to prove at this level or a young 17 year old

The championship is a very difficult place to play for a youngster looking to break in, any team attempting to go up automatic or fighting relegation very rarely throw kids in

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 am

I'm not sure he was available for loan. From what I gather Klopp wanted him in or around the squad.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 am

Crap idea anyway. Needs to be nurtured, not thrown into the lions den.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Crap idea anyway. Needs to be nurtured, not thrown into the lions den.

I tend to agree and (sorry SamRean) yet another example of a player having a decent spell and others saying we should have signed him on loan. Not sure why he would come to Cardiff City over any other club (he's actually from Chester) and it is reported that Jurgen Klopp rates him so highly that he wants (as you righty say) to nurture him into the Liverpool First Team at a rate that suits both club and player. At 18-years of age and with a fabulous career ahead of him, Ben Woodburn is better staying where he is and learning form the manager who will undoubtedly shape a wonderful future for him! :thumbright: :ayatollah: