Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY TODAY LOST THEIR 100% RECORD/BUT

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:55 pm

My View/Opinion

CARDIFF CITY TODAY LOST THEIR 100% LEAGUE RECORD / BUT A VERY TOUGH GAME WITH A DRAW A FAIR RESULT :thumbright: :thumbright:

City still undefeated :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fulham one of the best teams City have played this season and for me a draw was a fair result.

City came out strong in the second-half,but Fulham defended well and once again had City penned back for quite a while eventually scoring.

First-Half
Cardiff did well for the first 20mins with Gunnarsson & Mendez-Laing outstading, then it was backs to the wall and Fulham dominated the rest of the first-half.

FULHAM 1 CARDIFF CITY 1 :bluebird:
Crowd 20,984
Away Support 3,350 Cardiff Fans Approx :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City Unchanged
Cardiff team: Etheridge, Peltier, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Damour, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Zohore.

Subs Murphy, Manga, Richards, Tomlin, Ward, Feeney and Bryson.

Cardiff City went in search of their sixth consecutive Championship victory when they took on Fulham at Craven Cottage this afternoon.

The first 20mins both teams looked good with Cardiff's Gunnarsson looking outstanding and Mendez-Laing everywhere :bluebird:

Then Fulham started to dominate the game for a while.

City's Joe Bennett and Fulham's Mollo were both been booked following an argument.

The match started to get heated,with the Ref having words with Neil Warnock, then booking Sean Morrison.

Cardiff were hanging on a bit,every time Cardiff cleared, the ball was coming back,the half-time break could not come soon enough for Warnock’s players.

H/T Fulham 0 Cardiff City 0

Once again Cardiff looked up for it after the break, Neil Warnock's words clearly having the desired affect! :bluebird:

City dominating the opening stages :bluebird:

Then 64th min Fulham hit the post.

Craig Bryson came on for Loic Damour in the 65th min.

Joe Bennett saved the Bluebirds with an excellent clearance on the line.

Fulham then took control for a while,before it became end to end stuff by both club.

Danny Ward replaced Kenneth Zohore.

Then in the 75th min Fulham scored 1-0 :cry:

Cardiff then sub: Hoilett off, Liam Feeney came on.

Lee Peltier was also booked.

Then in the 83rd minute Feeney crossed the ball and bang Danny Ward header 1-1 :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

90th min Feeney hit the woodwork for City.

For me a draw was a fair result :bluebird:

F/T FULHAM CARDIFF CITY

My man of the match Arun Gunnarsson :thumbright: :thumbright:

UP NEXT PRESTON AWAY THIS TUESDAY NIGHT :thumbright: :bluebird:

3,350 CARDIFF CITY FANS AWAY TODAY :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY TODAY LOST THEIR 100% RECORD/BUT

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:01 pm

A very good result today, Fulham will be up there come the end of the season :thumbright:

Great to get an equaliser when it looked like we'd lost it late on :ayatollah:

16 points from a possible 18 is a very good return :thumbright:

Another tough away game on Tuesday now.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:A very good result today, Fulham will be up there come the end of the season :thumbright:

Great to get an equaliser when it looked like we'd lost it late on :ayatollah:

16 points from a possible 18 is a very good return :thumbright:

Another tough away game on Tuesday now.

Spot on Ned :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:08 pm

excellent point today

would have taken that before game

well done city and fans who made journey :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Cant fault it so much character in our team .
Hard game we came up against a good team play lovely football and we came away with a point.
We could of rolled over didnt have it all are own way but a draw is fair great result for us i reckon. :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:27 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:excellent point today

would have taken that before game

well done city and fans who made journey :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Agreed Mozzer :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:32 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:48 pm

brickyblue wrote:Cant fault it so much character in our team .
Hard game we came up against a good team play lovely football and we came away with a point.
We could of rolled over didnt have it all are own way but a draw is fair great result for us i reckon. :bluescarf:

Yes tough game and for me it's a good result :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm

It was one of those games that whoever scored the first goal would win the game.

Either teamed look good to score and when the home team got that elusive goal I felt it was game over for us. So to come back into it and equal matters showed character and perhaps more importance than any of our wins.

I'm not too sure who will be contenders this season. Leeds and Derby are starting to show form so perhaps we should benchmark against them. Fulham I believe will be up there but they are not motoring get. So perhaps it was a good time to play them now. Even if they not in top gear yet it still was impressive that we came back into it to win a deserved point.

I usually judge now a season will go after 10 games. We are 4 games of that and sit very comfortable on top of the league. I going ot say we will be top 6 this season but I'm hoping to say top 2 come game 10.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Crowd 20,984

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Great character shown by the team against a side that are possibly the best passing/footballing side in the division. Fulham would have run us ragged before Warnock got us playing as a team. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:15 pm

So maybe we're not better in every single department then? ;-)

A very good point earned...

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:18 pm

We just got back, good day and a valuable away point.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Was it a penalty at the end ? Morrison was he pulled down? Warnock thought it was . You guys were at the game

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:15 am

Bakedalasker wrote:It was one of those games that whoever scored the first goal would win the game.

Either teamed look good to score and when the home team got that elusive goal I felt it was game over for us. So to come back into it and equal matters showed character and perhaps more importance than any of our wins.

I'm not too sure who will be contenders this season. Leeds and Derby are starting to show form so perhaps we should benchmark against them. Fulham I believe will be up there but they are not motoring get. So perhaps it was a good time to play them now. Even if they not in top gear yet it still was impressive that we came back into it to win a deserved point.

I usually judge now a season will go after 10 games. We are 4 games of that and sit very comfortable on top of the league. I going ot say we will be top 6 this season but I'm hoping to say top 2 come game 10.

Ian, I can see us being Top 6, but not top 2 as there are so many good sides in our League this season and some with big/quality squads.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:16 am

englishbluebird wrote:Great character shown by the team against a side that are possibly the best passing/footballing side in the division. Fulham would have run us ragged before Warnock got us playing as a team. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

And great Substitutions by Neil Warnock :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:17 am

Bazforth wrote:So maybe we're not better in every single department then? ;-)

A very good point earned...

We matched them as the result shows and we were the away team, but your right,not better in every department,but happy with the result. :thumbright: