Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Opinions on Loic Damour

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 pm

We've had an exceptional start to the season, but Damour has been the one I'm not entirely convinced about in an attacking midfield role

Seems to have energy and gets about but not someone who can unlock a defence and nothing really came through the middle for us today

Can see Bryson starting sooner rather than later, or am I missing something in regards to what he brings for the team

By the way I'm not slating him or think he's a bad players just not an attacking midfielder

Opinions?

Re: Opinions on Loic Damour

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:10 pm

I think Bryson will come in soon but also impressed with Demour.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:20 pm

The lad obviously has bucket loads of energy and always seems to cover every blade of grass,but that will only get you so far.There will always be time and places for this type of player and some games will suit him and others won't quite.
Still very new to this league and I believe he will get better as an attacking midfield and hopefully some who unlock a defence.
But at the moment he's the engine that runs and harasses the opposition while others do the fancy stuff.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:26 pm

i believe he is in the AMC space as a disruptor against teams that build up from the back with a play maker. Against Malky's promotion team team his job would be to stop Whitts dictating play.

I don't think he is an attacking midfielder either.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:30 pm

llan bluebird wrote:i believe he is in the AMC space as a disruptor against teams that build up from the back with a play maker. Against Malky's promotion team team his job would be to stop Whitts dictating play.

5-1-0 tells me is is very good at it :thumbup:

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:51 pm

From the two games I've seen him play I've been very impressed. I agree he's not an out and out attacking midfielder but I don't think that's his role when we've got that top 3 of Ken and two wing forwards

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 am

I think he has been fantastic so far. He will be one of three rotated throughout the season with himself, Bryson and Tomlin all getting game time, people need to remember the championship is a very long season and the fact we got the strength in depth in midfield and we have 3 quality players to rotate is brilliant for us

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:38 am

Loic has been first class.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Loic is a really good player imo, but I prefer Tomlin in that CAM position, as I always feel like he's going to create something when he's on the ball. Think Damour is more suited to the CM position which he played in France but I think he's done well so far.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:04 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Loic is a really good player imo, but I prefer Tomlin in that CAM position, as I always feel like he's going to create something when he's on the ball. Think Damour is more suited to the CM position which he played in France but I think he's done well so far.

Agree,
Damour is brilliant but Tomlin would be better suited if 100% fit.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:55 am

im slightly going off damour if im honest. hasnt really grabbed the game by the scruff and has been the noticable weak link in the middle of the park for the last two games.

Still, its early and results are good so dont want to be too harsh on him

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:28 pm

llan bluebird wrote:i believe he is in the AMC space as a disruptor against teams that build up from the back with a play maker. Against Malky's promotion team team his job would be to stop Whitts dictating play.

this is more than a possibility.
we fans are often critical of players for no doing what WE think they should be doing..when maybe they are doing exactly what the manager has asked of them really well