Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Flags yesterday - stewards

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:00 am

I was first to put mine up yesterday, but was swiftly told to remove it by a steward who said it was a fire hazard. I get that, and it was disappointing, but I noticed quite a few up later and wondered if anyone else had been asked to take theirs down or been asked to show a fire safety certificate?

In another issue, I heard guys in front of me say that they went for some food under the stand at half time, and stewards were checking tickets again to let them back up the stairwell. When they said they had left them in their jackets which were with their colleagues back in the stand the stewards didn't want to let them back in.

I found some of the stewards great to talk to, but there were some real jobsworths!

Re: Flags yesterday - stewards

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Totally agree.
We were told to move out when we were watching the big screen highlights st the end. There were still loads in the ground!
We were standing right by 'that step' halfway down the terracing and I was praying that a jobsworth would have a slight fall

Re: Flags yesterday - stewards

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:15 pm

how on earth did we manage without these interfering jobsworths back in the day ?