Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: "DO WE HAVE A NUTCRACKER"? THIS TUESDAY NIGHT

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:36 am

MY VIEW PRESTON: "DO WE HAVE A NUTCRACKER"?

:bluebird: ' PRESTON V CARDIFF CITY THIS TUESDAY NIGHT ' :bluebird:

Preston are going to be one hell of a tough nut to crack.

Preston don't score many,but they sneak the odd goal against you and then shut up shop.

Hugill is their ace striker though he is not prolific. He almost went for a fee that can reach £8 million at the transfer deadline.

They are notorious for being hard to beat:

So it is down to which 3 of the following 6 will start : Hoilett , Mendez-Laing, Feeney, Damour, Bryson and Tomlin.

Our box to box midfielder has been Damour and his energy has been phenominal - however, Bryson can be pretty useful. Feeney made our goal and hit the post vs Fulham in the 11 min he was on.

Tomlin is reputed to have a magic key to open defences - but Mendez-Laing & Hoilett have been out of this world.

Neil Warnock being a novice and a rookie in management is totally confused & doesn't know which 3 to choose & is desparately seeking our help & guidance :lol:

So lets see who gets the correct 3 players chosen and the one who for the actual player who will be the "nutcracker" that opens up their defence to provide our 1st goal (if).

Rules : No one can do multi combination of choices - only 2 for the 3 starters and only 1 for the "nutcracker". If more than one correct answer then we will draw out of a hat. :thumbup:

350 Cardiff Fans expected to travel / Its pay on the night :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: "DO WE HAVE A NUTCRACKER"? THIS TUESDAY NIGHT

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am

:ayatollah: :bluebird: ' NEIL WARNOCK CARDIFF CITY SQUAD UPDATED 2017-18 ' :bluebird: :ayatollah:

1. Lee Camp
2. Lee Peltier
3. Joe Bennett
4. Sean Morrison
5. Bruno Ecuele Manga
6. Jazz Richards
7. Lee Tomlin
8. Joe Ralls
9. Danny Ward
10. Kenneth Zohore
11. Kadeem Harris
12. Liam Feeney
13. Anthony Pilkington
14. Sol Bamba
15. Greg Halford
16. Matthew Connolly
17. Aron Gunnarsson
18. Callum Paterson
19. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
20. Loïc Damour
21. Craig Bryson
22. Stuart O'Keefe on loan to Pompey.
23. Matthew Kennedy on loan to Pompey.
24. Declan John on loan to Glasgow Rangers till May 2018.
25. Neil Etheridge
27. Ibrahim Meite gone out on loan to Crawley Town.
28. Brian Murphy
30. Omar Bogle
31. Mark Harris
33. Junior Hoilett
37. Rhys Healey

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:08 am

This is the one we see some Tomlin magic. He's your nut cracker. Mendez Laing and Hoilett also to start

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Annis i will go for same again Mendez Hoillet and Darmour :thumbright:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:19 am

I think he'll start with the same XI that started yesterday and change as and when.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:21 am

Reply on FB

David Hunter:

Hoillett, Mendez and Bryson

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Tomlin was brought in for this kind of game, so him NML and Holliet.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Tomlin should start this no doubt c9ne off after 65 mins or so for a Bryson or damour

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Preston aint that good, i thought Fulham would trounce us but we look a tough nut to crack, no problems in this game whatsover. :occasion5:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Tomlin, Mendez Laing and Hoillet I'd go with. If it isn't working after 60 we have great options on the bench :thumbup:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:57 pm

You grind it out at places like Preston. 0-0 would be a good result.

Same team for me. My only concern would be the quantity of games (and air miles) in Gunnars legs already.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am

This is possibly a horses for courses type of game.

Given we have a game 4 days later, I suspect we might see Tomlin, Feeney and Ward start to replace Damour, Hoilett and Zahore - purely to give them a start and enthuse them to bust a gut to do well and make it difficult for Warnock to drop them.

Or he might say to heck with it, this is a game on paper we should be looking to win and let Hoillett and Zahore run at them and put Bryson in instead of Damour.

Central midfield is difficult. Ralls and Gunner are both playing brilliantly but they could do with a rest possibly but I doubt Warnock will want to upset this part of the team.

I'm sure a point will be deemed ok but I have a feeling Warnock has this one down as a chance to win.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:51 am

Danny Says wrote:This is possibly a horses for courses type of game.

Given we have a game 4 days later, I suspect we might see Tomlin, Feeney and Ward start to replace Damour, Hoilett and Zahore - purely to give them a start and enthuse them to bust a gut to do well and make it difficult for Warnock to drop them.

Or he might say to heck with it, this is a game on paper we should be looking to win and let Hoillett and Zahore run at them and put Bryson in instead of Damour.

Central midfield is difficult. Ralls and Gunner are both playing brilliantly but they could do with a rest possibly but I doubt Warnock will want to upset this part of the team.

I'm sure a point will be deemed ok but I have a feeling Warnock has this one down as a chance to win.

kinda hope feeney doesnt start really. i know he set the goal up but pretty much everything else he did was poor

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:11 pm

- Tomlin for Damour
- Ward for Zohore
- Manga for Morrison

are the 3 changes that have to happen for this game for me :bluescarf: :ayatollah: