Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm:"A sick degrading song by Cardiff fans yesterday"

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:38 am

Vince Alm:

Hard fought point today not many teams will get much there.
After 20 minutes I thought we were going to blow them away, but Fulham settled and were very dangerous with their slick passing and movement carving us open on a number of occassions. However under Warnock we are a tough team and was always in it creating our own opportunities. Inspired substitutes again by the manager who combined to earn a point for us. :bluebird:

Fantastic following supported the team with passion even when we went a goal down. :thumbright:

Vince Alm:

"A sick degrading song by Cardiff fans yesterday"

Only downer on the day was the Harold Shipman song, unfortunately sung by more than a few. A sick degrading song that has no place in life, many of the victims from where our manager and several of our players herald from, and may even have family or friends murdered by that evil b'stard!

Let's show a bit of class everyone and banish that song forever :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vince Alm:"A sick degrading song by Cardiff fans yesterd

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:Vince Alm:

Hard fought point today not many teams will get much there.
After 20 minutes I thought we were going to blow them away, but Fulham settled and were very dangerous with their slick passing and movement carving us open on a number of occassions. However under Warnock we are a tough team and was always in it creating our own opportunities. Inspired substitutes again by the manager who combined to earn a point for us. :bluebird:

Fantastic following supported the team with passion even when we went a goal down. :thumbright:

Vince Alm:

"A sick degrading song by Cardiff fans yesterday"

Only downer on the day was the Harold Shipman song, unfortunately sung by more than a few. A sick degrading song that has no place in life, many of the victims from where our manager and several of our players herald from, and may even have family or friends murdered by that evil b'stard!

Let's show a bit of class everyone and banish that song forever :ayatollah:

The irony is we are crying out for some new material on the terraces to inspire this brilliant Cardiff team which resembles everything a Cardiff fan identifies with. 'The Shipman' song is outdated, lacks morals, doesn't inspire and makes the singers look like morons, so just why do some fans use it?

Come on Canton, Ninian and Away fans get your creative thinking caps on and come up with gems like we used to do :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Words fail me! FFS why would anyone want to sing such an awful song? :banghead:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Cardiff songs have been rubbish since the 70s and 80s. No imagination compared to most other teams :bluebird:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Football has always attracted a certain amount of morons, and we have our share of idiots just like every other club.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Disgusting song! I'm a big believer in singing pro Cardiff songs and I get embarrassed by some of the crap we sing such as that vulgar version of Hymns and Arias.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Don't see the issue myself.
We've sung this song for years and years.

Is this the new fans getting aggy or have the oldies getting softer!?

No wonder why people can't be bothered to attend games anymore when people are moaning what the fans sing.

Just an opinion & I respect others.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:12 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Don't see the issue myself.

No wonder why people can't be bothered to attend games anymore when people are moaning what the fans sing.

Don't think it is getting softer think it is people realising it is disgusting Would we sing the about the suicide bomber who kill English people in Manchester or London ?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Quote (CaerphillyBluebird15): "Don't see the issue myself." :?

Well, I for one certainly do not respect your opinion on that one. Disgraceful, disrespectful (to the victims and their families) and very old hat. I fail to understand your logic...but thankfully that's more credit to me than to you! :oops:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:

Don't think it is getting softer think it is people realising it is disgusting Would we sing the about the suicide bomber who kill English people in Manchester or London ?

That's a very good point !
The answer is simply no.

The Harold shipman song is a something I've grown up hearing from the other generation so I suppose it's never really crossed my mind.

I wasn't having a go it was more of a question.
I'm sure Vince like many others have sung this over the years so it was just a bit of a contradiction me thinks!

Something to think about though :thumbright:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:46 pm

softer.?
it was never hard to chant Aberfan to us....was it..?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Disgusting post I'm just glad no one from your family was affected by Harold shipman :roll:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Couldn't believe it when that started up, wasn't really taken on by many though. Though it had disappeared 10 years ago.

On the positive side, we sang the whole of Men Of Harlech ', word for word , hopefully this can be done at home too.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Disgusting post I'm just glad no one from your family was affected by Harold shipman :roll:

Couldn't agree more!
"We've sung this song for years" - that makes it ok then?
Somebody mentioned morons and this guy must be the leader of them with this attitude.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:08 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Couldn't agree more!
Somebody mentioned morons and this guy must be the leader of them with this attitude.

I'm guessing the number 15 in his user name is linked to his IQ.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 pm

It's a disgusting song and it's vile to hear it sung.

A few years ago there was also a horrible song about Jimmy Saville being Joe Allen's dad but now that following Wales is trendy again that one thankfully seems to have been dropped.

Songs should be sung to encourage the team rather than to confirm the ignorance and stupidity of those singing them.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:45 pm

What about the England is full of shit chant. I was cringing when a few youngsters were walking up road where coaches were parked. I thought it was a friendly area.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm

blue lagoon wrote:What about the England is full of shit chant. I was cringing when a few youngsters were walking up road where coaches were parked. I thought it was a friendly area.

Yeah let's ban Sware words, hold hands and skip to the ground together too.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:What about the England is full of shit chant. I was cringing when a few youngsters were walking up road where coaches were parked. I thought it was a friendly area.

I was ok in stadium but embaresesing on the main street. But hey what ever makes you laugh :banghead: :banghead:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:37 pm

It's a sick song and I put it on the same level as any Terry Coles, Alan Davies and Dave Jones pedo chants/songs

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:11 pm

I'm certainly no prude but it's time to put that particular song to bed.
It started off behind where we were standing yesterday. I looked around to see who was starting it off and was amazed that most of the singers were teens or early twenties. Probably means we will be hearing a lot more of it away from home.
On another note, I noticed there were a few guys doing their first aways after serving banning orders yesterday. I got talking to one of them and I'd be very surprised if he lasts the season lol. :lol: :banghead:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I was ok in stadium but embaresesing on the main street. But hey what ever makes you laugh :banghead: :banghead:

Not talking the Harold Shipman song here. But 'England's full of shit', it's just a bit of banter and has been part of the match day since I've been going? Anyone offended by that is soft as shit. It's a forkin' football match!

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:42 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:Disgusting song! I'm a big believer in singing pro Cardiff songs and I get embarrassed by some of the crap we sing such as that vulgar version of Hymns and Arias.

Totally with this, just shows the moronic attitude of some fans. Thankfully with above song media just think were singing a welsh song and get away with it...
It will be these fans that go on away days kicking off too I bet?

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Couldn't agree more!

I'm guessing the number 15 in his user name is linked to his IQ.

Haha! What I meant was - Its been sung for years so why all of a sudden is this bad.
IQ 15 is correct if that makes you feel good.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:32 am

nubbsy wrote:

:D

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:33 am

I was in the stadium on Saturday and was in awe at all of the City away support and thinking that maybe - just maybe the green shoots of recovery surrounding our club are starting to take hold. Then out of some of the best away noise heard in a long time this sick song rears its ugly head.

Once and for all please get rid of this repugnant song.

:bluebird:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Silly bugger,if your going to be flippant properly learn to spell first. :banghead: :lol:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:49 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Silly bugger,if your going to be flippant properly learn to spell first. :banghead: :lol:

Sneggy, You spelt Bluebird wrong mate :laughing6:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 am

Coming from an Englishman ,I consider the "full of shit" etc chants to be banter. There will be swearing at football matches I don't see the problem unless obviously your surrounded by young kids, say.However the Shipman,yorkshire ripper and other songs related to serial killers are bang out of order

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:53 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Sneggy, You spelt Bluebird wrong mate :laughing6:

Aye,realised that about 5 mins after I joined ages ago but left it as I can't be arsed to change it.I even joined the other board using the same spelling.