Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VIDEO " BLATANT CARDIFF CITY PENALTY NOT GIVEN "

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Re: VIDEO " BLATANT CARDIFF CITY PENALTY NOT GIVEN "

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 pm

If you stop the video on 8 seconds it looks like they are both having a man hug. I guess a Fulham fan would say our man started the grappling and their player finished it. If you are a City fan it was a nailed on penalty. Seen those go either way, although most of the time nothing is given.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:If you stop the video on 8 seconds it looks like they are both having a man hug. I guess a Fulham fan would say our man started the grappling and their player finished it. If you are a City fan it was a nailed on penalty. Seen those go either way, although most of the time nothing is given.

Well when one player starts grabbing you and basically rugby tackling you to the ground you are obviously gonna give some back.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:15 pm

That's a penalty. I don't like just simply blaming officials but the standard at this level has declined. And like FIFA, they are a rule to themselves, from the parks to pros.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:59 am

Not a pen for me. Fulham reckon they should have had one when they broke away after Zohores effort. No clear evidence from TV of that one either. Ref coming in for grief, but I reckon he had a decent game. If your gonna be cr*p be fair... and it's nice to see a ref not being a 'homer'. Personally there were no big decisions in the game. There's always penalty decisions but he wasn't overly dramatic in turning them down. Was worried when he was appointed as he has a poor record with us. He did ok though.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:50 am

Barclay1 wrote:Not a pen for me. Fulham reckon they should have had one when they broke away after Zohores effort. No clear evidence from TV of that one either. Ref coming in for grief, but I reckon he had a decent game. If your gonna be cr*p be fair... and it's nice to see a ref not being a 'homer'. Personally there were no big decisions in the game. There's always penalty decisions but he wasn't overly dramatic in turning them down. Was worried when he was appointed as he has a poor record with us. He did ok though.

Well said! :thumbup:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

Can't see the video via my phone but if it's the Morrison one in last minute I thought the same. The defender lifts Morrison to the ground. Blatant but the ref was poor all game for both teams I thought

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Same ref who denied Morro a penalty in last minutes at Newcastle last season. :banghead:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:10 pm

The ref was awful. Any tackle and he blew the whistle and didn't allow advantage and this was for both sides. I hope he doesn't have us any time soon

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Danny Says wrote:Same ref who denied Morro a penalty in last minutes at Newcastle last season. :banghead:

Was he ?
That's weird. I thought that one at Newcastle was more nailed on than yesterday's and denied us a deserved point.

Funny thing is, at Newcastle he was very much a homer, although he let a lot go for both sides he penalised is much, much more.
Whereas yesterday he blew up for everything ( outside the box), but was in my opinion pretty even handed about it.