Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Alex Neil Has a bit of ago at Neil Warnocks '

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Alex Neil Has a bit of ago at Neil Warnocks/Cardiff City's style of play, but then says he does the same :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Alex Neil Has a bit of ago at Neil Warnocks '

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Idiot.

What does he expect us to do - let them have as much time on the ball as they like and walk it into the net?

5 wins and a draw from 6 games hardly backs up his claim does it? Anyone would think that all we do in a game is spoil the opposition's fun and make no attempt to win the game.

Well f**k 'em all. Warnock and the team will get little or no credit from opposing managers, fans or the media this season and hopefully we can shove it right up them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:13 pm

think people are being a little over sensitive, hardly having a go at us

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:19 pm

paulh_85 wrote:think people are being a little over sensitive, hardly having a go at us

Agree.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:57 pm

why do people not realise that this kind of stuff IS NOT CRITICISM? We are a strong defensive unit, that's not a bad thing.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Team talk sorted, over to you NEIL

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:08 pm

I think Alex Neil is a very good manager at this level and lost his way a bit at Norwich, one of the better young managers in the game.

He's defo out to spoil our party tho :laughing5:

paulh_85 wrote:think people are being a little over sensitive, hardly having a go at us

agree with you and agree with Alex Neil.
we do try to stop sides playing.. Warnocks being pleased and remarking about how quiet Hoillett kept fredricks { attacking } Saturday tells you that..

Am I being a bit thick or isn't that the point of a game of football. :lol:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:11 pm

SirFôn1899 wrote:why do people not realise that this kind of stuff IS NOT CRITICISM? We are a strong defensive unit, that's not a bad thing.

Agree, he's just saying we stop team from playing and he sets up the same way. Nothing else to it.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:27 pm

nubbsy wrote:
SirFôn1899 wrote:why do people not realise that this kind of stuff IS NOT CRITICISM? We are a strong defensive unit, that's not a bad thing.

Agree, he's just saying we stop team from playing and he sets up the same way. Nothing else to it.

And therein lies his problem,we are better than them at this game.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Mr Neil, for a team that spends all it's time stopping the opposition playing how have we won five and drawn one of our opening six games, with a goal difference of PLUS EIGHT? Bonkers.

Oh, and for the record, Mr Neil, your lot have only scored TWO GOALS!

There are times managers are better employed saying nothing.

StT.
<><

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't see that as a go at all. He's just saying that we are set up to disrupt how the opposition play.

Has anyone seen Fulham play this season? Last season I thought their passing game was phenomenal but on Saturday they weren't that good. Either they have changed style or we stopped them doing that by closing them down all the time.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Maybe i am being thick but i take what he says as a compliment not having a go at all :bluescarf:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:48 pm

He said there's nothing wrong with the way we play so he's not exactly having a go.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:09 pm

pengamblue wrote:Team talk sorted, over to you NEIL

Copy & paste ;)

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Agree.

I agree also Alex Neil is simply stating an opinion.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Cheeky sod ,we can play some good stuff ,teams like Cardiff indeed

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 pm

BlueVanman wrote:Maybe i am being thick but i take what he says as a compliment not having a go at all :bluescarf:

Exactly, even saying they try to do the same....imitation is the greatest form of flattery