Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY MATCH CHOSEN FOR LIVE TV COVERAGE “

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Cardiff City’s Sky Bet Championship clash with Leeds United on Tuesday 26 September will be screened live on Sky Sports.

The fixture will still be taking place on the same scheduled date and kick-off time of 7.45pm.

The confirmation of the additional TV selection comes after the EFL this week revealed its latest domestic broadcast agreement with Sky Sports. A number of the rights agreed as part of the £600million five-year deal, which commences from 2019/20, will be available in seasons 2017/18 and 2018/19; including the ability to broadcast 16 EFL Championship matches in midweek.

The fixture will be broadcast from its arranged kick-off time and will count towards Sky Sports’ allocation of 112 League matches for 2017/18.

Leeds United manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY MATCH CHOSEN FOR LIVE TV COVERAGE “

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:08 pm

I think this is good news for the club and its current profile. Should be a very good game and the fans (of both teams) will in the main already have their tickets, so I don't see a massive affect on the crowd figures! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Get to tape the game and watch it again later, too! :occasion5: :clap:

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Sven wrote:I think this is good news for the club and its current profile. Should be a very good game and the fans (of both teams) will in the main already have their tickets, so I don't see a massive affect on the crowd figures! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I’m glad they haven’t moved the date either, Chris. Would have been a nightmare for our fans travelling from far distances, and for Leeds fans.

As you say, many will already have their tickets and it shouldn’t effect the ticket sales too much.

Of course, if we’re still in the EFL, it will become a regular thing for midweek games in the season after next with the new TV deal coming into effect in 2019.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Sven wrote:I think this is good news for the club and its current profile. Should be a very good game and the fans (of both teams) will in the main already have their tickets, so I don't see a massive affect on the crowd figures! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mmm not sure if it'll have an effect on walk up though Chris.
Hopefully we'll be back to winning ways and the place will be rocking.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:00 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Mmm not sure if it'll have an effect on walk up though Chris.
Hopefully we'll be back to winning ways and the place will be rocking.

Bound to effect walk up crowd as in pubs so good excuse to have decent pint! And of course go back to having official crowd of 15k but looking like 10k with the St no shows. :o

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Your going to tape the game Chris?
You've still got a video recorder?
;)
:lol:

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:04 pm

gutted..i really thought this would be the game to bump our attendances with the 5 quid tickets...

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:22 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

;)

You one of these posh bastards with a digital TV Paul?

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:47 pm

nubbsy wrote:

;)

You one of these posh bastards with a digital TV Paul?

Yeah mate I've just gone from Betamax to VHS recently.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 pm

;)

Doh! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:32 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: " CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 2017-18 AND CUP GAMES & FRIENDLIES " :bluebird: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluebird: ' CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP / CUP FIXTURES 2017/18 ' :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 5 Burton Albion 0 Cardiff City 1 :thumbright: :thumbright: Crowd 5,050 Away(1,755 )

Tues Aug 8th Cardiff City 2 Portsmouth 1 :thumbright: Cup 1st rd Crowd 6,592 Away( 851 )

Sat Aug 12 Cardiff City 3 Aston Villa 0 :thumbright: :thumbright: Crowd 23,899 Away( 4,803 )

Tue Aug 15 Cardiff City 2 Sheffield United 0 :thumbright: Crowd 17,844 Away( 1,385 )

Sat Aug 19 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: Crowd 27,068 Away(1,576)

Tues Aug 22nd Cardiff City 1?Burton 2 :cry: Cup 2nd Rd Crowd 5,820 Away ( 43)

Sat Aug 26 Cardiff City 2 Queens Park Rangers 1 :thumbright: Crowd 18, Away(710 )

Sat Sep 9 Fulham 1 Cardiff City 1 :ayatollah: Crowd 20,984 Away(3,350 )

Tue Sep 12 Preston North End 3 Cardiff City 0 :shock: Crowd 10,796 Away(363)

Sat Sep 16 Cardiff City Sheffield Wednesday Crowd Away ( 2,300)

Sat Sep 23 Sunderland Cardiff City Crowd Away( )

Tue Sep 26 Live on Sky Cardiff City Leeds United Crowd ( )

Sat Sep 30 Derby County H

Friday night live on sky tv Oct 14 Birmingham City A

Sat Oct 21 Middlesbrough A

Sat Oct 28 Millwall H

Tue Oct 31 Ipswich Town H

Friday night live on Sky tv Nov 4 Bristol City A

Sat Nov 18 Brentford H

Tue Nov 21 Barnsley A

Sun Nov 26 Nottingham Forest A 1pm (Not on tv)

Sat Dec 1st Friday 7.45pm Cardiff City v Norwich City Crowd Away( )

Sat Dec 9 Reading A

Sat Dec 16 Hull City H

Sat Dec 23 Bolton Wanderers A

Tue Dec 26 Fulham H

Sat Dec 30 Preston North End H

Mon Jan 1 Queens Park Rangers A

Sat Jan 13 Sunderland H

Sat Jan 20 Sheffield Wednesday A

Sat Jan 27 Bolton Wanderers H

Sat Feb 3 Leeds United A

Sat Feb 10 Millwall A

Sat Feb 17 Middlesbrough H

Tue Feb 20 Ipswich Town A

Sat Feb 24 Bristol City H

Sat Mar 3 Brentford A

Tue Mar 6 Barnsley H

Sat Mar 10 Birmingham City H

Sat Mar 17 Derby County A

Fri 3pm Mar 30 Burton Albion H

Mon 3pm Apr 2 Sheffield United A

Sat Apr 7 Wolverhampton Wanderers H

Tue Apr 10 Aston Villa A

Sat Apr 14 Norwich City A

Sat Apr 21 Nottingham Forest H

Sat Apr 28 Hull City A

Sun May 6 Reading H

:bluebird: ' CARDIFF CITY'S AWAY & HOME PRE-SEASON GAMES ' 2017-18 SEASON :bluebird:

Friday 14th July — Taffs Well FC 0 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 2,900 away support(2,800)

Monday, 17th July – AFC Tavistock 2 Cardiff City 7

Wednesday, 19th July – Bodmin Town FC 1 Cardiff City 3

Thursday, 20th July – Cardiff City 2-2 AFC St. Austell

Friday, 21st July – Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Cardiff City Crowd 5,021 away support (495)

Saturday, 22nd July – Bideford AFC 2 Cardiff City 1

Tuesday 25th July - Shrewsbury Town 2 Cardiff City 1 Away Support(213)

Friday 28th July - Cardiff City 4 Livingston FC 0 :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:41 am

It will be interesting to see how many Leeds now sell, now that the game is live.
Leeds have been given 2,200 tickets.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:32 am

Ticket ordered this morning as well as going to the game tomorrow can't wait for the Leeds game please resist the temptation to watch the game on sky and support the boys cmon bluebirds

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:41 am

Valebluebird wrote:Ticket ordered this morning as well as going to the game tomorrow can't wait for the Leeds game please resist the temptation to watch the game on sky and support the boys cmon bluebirds

Thats exactly the Spirit All Bluebirds need to follow :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: