Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WARNOCK SAYING LOSS DOWN TO TIREDNESS "I DONT AGREE" SAY

Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:54 pm

dogfound wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Spot on by Blake.
Utter bullshit about tiredness due to travelling. He should have freshened things up for the game.

As the saying goes "hindsight is a wonderful thing."

Warnock was stuck with the classic stick or twist situation. He probably did want to freshen things up but you can't always do that without justification, i.e. a player has lost form/bad previous result and as we know Pre-Preston we had won 5 drawn 1 and lost none.

Also there is the don't change a winning team mantra. Personally I thought that he might drop Zohore and reward Danny Ward with a start after his goal at Fulham, but the manager (who has proved me wrong on many occasions) opted not to.

Now after the Preston result NW does have justification to freshen things up and I fully expect him to do so.

Nothing to do with hindsight, I said before the game one or two changes were needed - as did others.
I certainly don't go with this tiredness nonsense in early September!!

whats September have to do with it..?
i felt tired yesterday..i dont today..

A bit different you being tired to highly paid athletes who have access to the best fitness coaches, luxury travel etc. and are being paid mega bucks to remain fit, yet are still knackered after 6 games. Just as well they are not playing in certain countries where the travel is so vast you have to play in a different time zone today than where you played last week. Players have had to put up with this sort of travel for years and years, and it's not one of the excuses I have heard on a regular basis. As someone has already said, Blake has been there and done it. He was having to travel when the club were skint, and training methods and physiotherapy was less advanced. He would have some idea about this sort of topic, far more than most of us I suspect. Why we are never able to accept defeat without having to look for excuses beats me. If we don't win today, I suppose we will have to open our book of excuses again, and decide which one to use this time.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Utter bullshit about tiredness due to travelling. He should have freshened things up for the game.

Why would you want Warnock to freshen things up if you think our team being tired is bullshit?

Personally, I think Preston having consecutive home games Saturday and Tuesday and us having consecutive away games Saturday and Tuesday had a massive impact on our performance and result. It took the team bus 6 hours to get to Preston, which wasn't ideal preparation at all.

I'm very surprised by Blake's comments.

Ever heard of loss of form as in Zohore? Keeping players on their toes and looking over their shoulders? People like Ward & Bryson chomping at the bit to get on. Nothing to do with tiredness in early September.

As with your Blake comment, he's forgotten more than you'll ever know about football. He'll know a bit about traveling to away games as a player etc, something you've never done.

I'm glad you was never my manager, a couple of average games and you would drop a player. You would be worse than Ole with all your changes!

I used to travel nearly 3 hours to West Wales to play some games. If you don't think travelling has an effect, then you've never played the game.

It didn't surprise me Sheffield Wednesday started better today as like Preston, they had back to back home games last Saturday and Tuesday, so it was understandable they started off looking the fresher team. They probably had an extra day to prepare as well as we couldn't have got home from Preston until the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Credit to us for keeping on going though and in the end, I thought we got a deserved point.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Why would you want Warnock to freshen things up if you think our team being tired is bullshit?

Personally, I think Preston having consecutive home games Saturday and Tuesday and us having consecutive away games Saturday and Tuesday had a massive impact on our performance and result. It took the team bus 6 hours to get to Preston, which wasn't ideal preparation at all.

I'm very surprised by Blake's comments.

Ever heard of loss of form as in Zohore? Keeping players on their toes and looking over their shoulders? People like Ward & Bryson chomping at the bit to get on. Nothing to do with tiredness in early September.

As with your Blake comment, he's forgotten more than you'll ever know about football. He'll know a bit about traveling to away games as a player etc, something you've never done.

I'm glad you was never my manager, a couple of average games and you would drop a player. You would be worse than Ole with all your changes!

I used to travel nearly 3 hours to West Wales to play some games. If you don't think travelling has an effect, then you've never played the game.

It didn't surprise me Sheffield Wednesday started better today as like Preston, they had back to back home games last Saturday and Tuesday, so it was understandable they started off looking the fresher team. They probably had an extra day to prepare as well as we couldn't have got home from Preston until the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Credit to us for keeping on going though and in the end, I thought we got a deserved point.

Well I used to play for your local side, who play at Tonteg Park. Our buses were clapped out mini buses and getting to the grounds were an achievement in itself. We were still eager to go, and once the whistle went I never felt tired, and loved every minute of the match, unless we were losing. Most of our games were not hours away, but we did travel to N Wales, play a match, and return in the same day. None of us were tired, and it was a great day apart from a 6-1 defeat.