Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Disappointing Interest Cardiff City Fans "

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:17 pm

SUNDERLAND AWAY WITH CARDIFF CITY / 2ND IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP
We have 3,000 tickets / Pay on the day / No restrictions / 3pm on a Saturday / Not on tv and a big club to visit :bluebird:

Wayne Anderson One of the Cardiff City Supporters Groups

Wayne Anderson:

Sunderland up and down
Due to lack of numbers dibs tours will not be able to run a coach individually, I am in communication with other tour reps about joining up but if I'm honest it looks unlikely. The number of fans interested is lower than anyone expected.

Still limited room on weekender if keen £60 travel . Find your own accommodation to your required standard . Leaving from the Royal Oak bryncethin at 630 am . Home for 730 pm Sunday .
Tel 07979 996726 :bluebird:

Re: " Disappointing Interest Cardiff City Fans "

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Not till Saturday 23rd Sept, 8 days to go :ayatollah:

I was not expecting 3,000 City fans to travel, prob about a 1,000 fans surely :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Did it a few years ago, killer journey, don't blame people not wanting to go. If I go it will be flying to Newcastle first.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Did it a few years ago, killer journey, don't blame people not wanting to go. If I go it will be flying to Newcastle first.

Did the same and also Newcastle which as I remember were played just a week or so apart. Sunderland was a 12:30 KO too.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:34 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Did it a few years ago, killer journey, don't blame people not wanting to go. If I go it will be flying to Newcastle first.

Did the same and also Newcastle which as I remember were played just a week or so apart. Sunderland was a 12:30 KO too.

The Sunderland game I did was a night game so going up wasn't to bad but coming back was painful.

Newcastle I flew up and back - so much easier even going from Bristol

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Got to be brutally honest that bus journey back would kill me. Respect to those who go but I usually choose ones around me

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:08 pm

I only travel to games that are within 310 mile distance, the actual trip is 310.5 miles, that extra 1/2 mile is too much for me :laughing5:

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

The Sunderland game I did was a night game so going up wasn't to bad but coming back was painful.

Newcastle I flew up and back - so much easier even going from Bristol

That's the best way. Its the journey back that is a pain. Especially if we lose.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Fair play to Pompey, 3 weeks ago they took 2,000 fans to Wigan, 540 mile rd trip in the lower divisions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Gutted I will miss Sunderland away, love these trips, first time I will have missed Sunderland away since I first went there in 1978 and we beat them 1-2 :bluebird:

Always a great trip and even in the night about 9yrs ago on a Tuesday night, I took two coaches in the Championship and we had over 1,200 fans up there :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Reply from FB

Sam Butler:
Our small old mob of exiles are going on the choo choo. 720 mile door to door for me as i live on brighton seafront. Cant wait. Be in scotland by 11.30 hopefully lol

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

it was 6 days..Sunderland on a Sunday which i did up and back same day...Newcastle the following Saturday i didnt go..
obviously had fans at the top of the priotity list.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

it was 6 days..Sunderland on a Sunday which i did up and back same day...Newcastle the following Saturday i didnt go..
obviously had fans at the top of the priotity list.

I went to those games at different times. Both games I went to were night games. I think it was 0-0 with Sunderland and we got thrashed by Newcastle 5-1 maybe wildig scored.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Totally predictable mate, I said a couple of weeks ago when people were slagging QPR to hold their horses cos I could see us taking less than 3-400 to Preston and only 5-600 to Sunderland when we were top/could still be top.

Its getting better but our support has been crying out for help for a while, this was a trip for the Club to step in, offer free travel or something, other clubs do it so why not us, we are supporting players who are getting paid 10's of thousands of pounds a week and owned by a billionaire, then we expect thousands of fans who earn less in a year than most players do in a a week to travel 100's of miles to support them. f**k that for a laugh.

Kudos to those that do it, I'v done it myself for years in the past but not anymore, to be honest I'v got better things to spend £100-£150 of my money on and will pick and chose these days and I don't blame anyone else who does the same to be fair top of the league or not.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 pm

RV Casual wrote:Totally predictable mate, I said a couple of weeks ago when people were slagging QPR to hold their horses cos I could see us taking less than 3-400 to Preston and only 5-600 to Sunderland when we were top/could still be top.

Its getting better but our support has been crying out for help for a while, this was a trip for the Club to step in, offer free travel or something, other clubs do it so why not us, we are supporting players who are getting paid 10's of thousands of pounds a week and owned by a billionaire, then we expect thousands of fans who earn less in a year than most players do in a a week to travel 100's of miles to support them. f**k that for a laugh.

Kudos to those that do it, I'v done it myself for years in the past but not anymore, to be honest I'v got better things to spend £100-£150 of my money on and will pick and chose these days and I don't blame anyone else who does the same to be fair top of the league or not.

£100-&£150 ?

Bus and ticket £50-£60

Sarnies and cans a tenner.
Can then remember the game :wink:

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Totally predictable mate, I said a couple of weeks ago when people were slagging QPR to hold their horses cos I could see us taking less than 3-400 to Preston and only 5-600 to Sunderland when we were top/could still be top.

£100-&£150 ?

Bus and ticket £50-£60

Come on Tim, You know what I mean mate ;)

:D 100%, when I was young I would have done it on less than that, would get the old man to drop us at Ninian Park and jump on the supporters club bus with Tony, never more than £10 for the bus and the tickets were never more than £5-£6, packed lunch off mam and paper round money for a few beers in the local pub by the ground before hand and it was happy days all round, I would have the time of my life and have a story to tell from some Northern backwater like Scarborough or Scunthorpe for £25-£30.

I sometimes wish I could go back to those days :D

A trip to Sunderland now would cost me a small fortune as an adult, £30 bus, £30 ticket, £15 for a crate for the bus, £20-£30 for beers in the pub/ground, few quid for food, maybe a bet easy looking at a £150 day out.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:31 pm

Have got room for 5 or 6 from Cynon Valley, Merthyr and can pick up along heads of the valleys Road if anyone interested

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:42 am

RV Casual wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

£100-&£150 ?

Bus and ticket £50-£60

Come on Tim, You know what I mean mate ;)

:D 100%, when I was young I would have done it on less than that, would get the old man to drop us at Ninian Park and jump on the supporters club bus with Tony, never more than £10 for the bus and the tickets were never more than £5-£6, packed lunch off mam and paper round money for a few beers in the local pub by the ground before hand and it was happy days all round, I would have the time of my life and have a story to tell from some Northern backwater like Scarborough or Scunthorpe for £25-£30.

I sometimes wish I could go back to those days :D

A trip to Sunderland now would cost me a small fortune as an adult, £30 bus, £30 ticket, £15 for a crate for the bus, £20-£30 for beers in the pub/ground, few quid for food, maybe a bet easy looking at a £150 day out.

Not nitpicking but the tickets are £25

Also, I like a beer at times , but most of the time I take it easy and I certainly would if it was the difference between going or not.

Betting is for mugs and as for food I normally just empty the fridge, same for any drink, it's normally what's left over in the fridge.

Doesn't need to cost £100+, can do it for £70, remember the game , stay healthy and be able to function the next day ;)

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:12 am

Steve,

Other clubs Fans from Plymouth,Pompey,Exeter,Bristol Rovers,Grimsby,Carlisle travel these journeys and don't complain and these have had No success compared to our club.

As to £100-£150, With tickets £25 and if you travelled up in the car like I have done many a time, your talking £50 in total, plus yr spending money.
If your on Vince Alms coach you would prob spend £70 in total.

I agree with you, if we were still top of the Championship we would still not take much more away.
Fulham was our annual event to say, on average our fans only travel away three times a season.

We have lost part our hardcore fan base and its going to take a long time to return.