Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ken Zohore

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Has transfer talk affected Ken?

Re: Ken Zahore

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:32 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Has transfer talk affected Ken?

Well he has not done well for weeks, but nor has Bamba since his new contract.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Very true warnock will sort him out

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Bamba was quality today.

Zohore not good needs to be dropped imo

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

bamba was man of the match today

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Bamba had 1 poor game against Preston.

Been class every other game as always, and was immense today!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:39 pm

How can ken do anything when ball is played up him 30/40yds out with his back to goal? Service past 4 games as been poor to say least! Need go back to way played 1st 4 games

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:How can ken do anything when ball is played up him 30/40yds out with his back to goal? Service past 4 games as been poor to say least! Need go back to way played 1st 4 games

Other players are scoring though, we have 12 goals to our credit so far. Zohore is supposed to be our main striker, our main goal scorer. At the moment he is on track to score 6 or 7 goals this season. That is not good enough for someone who is our number one striker. To be fair, he has'nt become a bad player overnight, and hopefully the goals will come before too long. However, I think a lot of fans set their expectations way too high based on a good run of form and a handful of goals over a four month period. He has a long way to go in my opinion before I would be valuing him as highly as some of the figures that have been thrown around on this forum over the last month or two.

Re: Ken Zohore

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:27 pm

I have it on good authority ;) that the real Ken Zohore has actually been on holiday for the last three weeks and his less committed twin Ben Zohore has been playing up front since the international break.

You might remember Ben was with us for a while last season before Warnock first turned up until the real Ken mysteriously turned up at half time in the Wolves match last season.

Or was it Ben who was so excellent last season and the real Ken we are seeing now?

I think we need to be told the truth!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:How can ken do anything when ball is played up him 30/40yds out with his back to goal? Service past 4 games as been poor to say least! Need go back to way played 1st 4 games

Other players are scoring though, we have 12 goals to our credit so far. Zohore is supposed to be our main striker, our main goal scorer. At the moment he is on track to score 6 or 7 goals this season. That is not good enough for someone who is our number one striker. To be fair, he has'nt become a bad player overnight, and hopefully the goals will come before too long. However, I think a lot of fans set their expectations way too high based on a good run of form and a handful of goals over a four month period. He has a long way to go in my opinion before I would be valuing him as highly as some of the figures that have been thrown around on this forum over the last month or two.

Only comparing performances from last season? Then we played with wide players now we play ball to him 1st with his back to goal, then he has to pass sideways or backwards instead of doing what he does best attacking defenders! Mind you today his touch was awful when did get ball.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:31 pm

I don't think so, he says he didn't want to move and the window has closed so what's to worry about. Just needs a goal.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Needs a goal big time. Confidence is on the floor agree he needs a game or 2 on bench get ward in with tomlin and try different approach. Bring Ken on late in game when others tired and he has bags of energy

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Do you watch on the Tv or do you listen on the radio because Bamba has been and again yesterday was very good.
Didn't have the best of first halfs maybe, but certainly made up for it in the second.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 am

Warnock and his staff have a problem to solve. Last season he was still relatively an unknown quantity, this season he has so many opposition scouting tapes on him they know his shoes size and inside leg measurements.

Stopping Kenny is simple......Stop him turning.

Double up on him as we have no alternative style of restart, our wing forwards are too far from him and our attacking midfielder are not really AMC's.

Drop the AMC and play Ward with him, any loose balls or flicks will give them something to think about and someone may be able to roll into into the channel between the full backs and centre halfs, this is where he excels.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 am

llan bluebird wrote:Warnock and his staff have a problem to solve. Last season he was still relatively an unknown quantity, this season he has so many opposition scouting tapes on him they know his shoes size and inside leg measurements.

Stopping Kenny is simple......Stop him turning.

Double up on him as we have no alternative style of restart, our wing forwards are too far from him and our attacking midfielder are not really AMC's.

Drop the AMC and play Ward with him, any loose balls or flicks will give them something to think about and someone may be able to roll into into the channel between the full backs and centre halfs, this is where he excels.

Yeah I've been saying that too if they ain't prepared to drop ken for wardy then they need to start together and play 2 up

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 am

well...we have 17 points have played mostly inform teams { the last 3 went into yesterdays games like ourselves having lost just 1 game }..and Ken has played the majority. if he was ineffective we wouldnt be anywhere near the top.
as said elsewhere other teams are seeing him as a big threat ,doubling up on him which then allows our other players more freedom.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:53 am

dogfound wrote:well...we have 17 points have played mostly inform teams { the last 3 went into yesterdays games like ourselves having lost just 1 game }..and Ken has played the majority. if he was ineffective we wouldnt be anywhere near the top.
as said elsewhere other teams are seeing him as a big threat ,doubling up on him which then allows our other players more freedom.

Totally agree with you As a team we need to take advantage of the space that he is freeing up for others .

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Simple ,teams know him now

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:45 am

I think we've stopped playing to his strengths and, possibly, he's trying to be too much of a team player.

Last season he was at his best either running on to through balls or turning defenders and leaving them for dead.

This season when the ball is played up to him he has been holding it and trying to bring others in.

On one occasion in the 2nd half on Saturday he actually did turn his marker and was gone, only to be fouled resulting in a booking. In my opinion he needs to get back to that, it won't come off every time but when it does he's hard to stop.

Similarly he would probably benefit from someone like Tomlin playing through balls for him to run onto. He just isn't getting that type of ball at the moment.

His confidence does look a bit low at the moment but I think that will change as soon as he gets a goal. Form is temporary and Warnock will get the best of him, for sure.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:21 pm

U may well be right piledriver64

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Just a thought Tim, I bet the clubs that offered 12 million for him are glad it wasn't accepted now, in view of his albeit temporary scoring lapse