Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: ANOTHER DISSAPPOINTING RESULT TODAY/ BUT '

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:33 pm

After such a strong start to the season, I was expecting a reaction today after Preston and Fulham. If I'm honest and not taking anything away from Wednesday, Preston and Fulham, its the downturn in performance and energy levels that concern me at the moment. 2 points from 9 really should have been 5. But its not the points, its the performance but I know that NW will address it as I think its a man/team management issue as opposed to a lack of quality.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:02 am

The performances have definately dropped, but we still had twice as many shots as them, four times as many on target, and rice as many corners.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41209774

At the moment we are not taking our chances and Zohore especially looks to be struggling for form and his confidence looks to have dropped considerably.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:48 am

Have to start Ward and drop Zahore now...also maybe find a way to get Tomlin in...maybe at he expense of Gunnars

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:26 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:After such a strong start to the season, I was expecting a reaction today after Preston and Fulham. If I'm honest and not taking anything away from Wednesday, Preston and Fulham, its the downturn in performance and energy levels that concern me at the moment. 2 points from 9 really should have been 5. But its not the points, its the performance but I know that NW will address it as I think its a man/team management issue as opposed to a lack of quality.

Exactly this, its not the lose or draws that are worrying its the way the team look and perform, a shadow of how they started the season. Fingers crossed its just a bump on the long road ahead.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 am

BlueVanman wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:After such a strong start to the season, I was expecting a reaction today after Preston and Fulham. If I'm honest and not taking anything away from Wednesday, Preston and Fulham, its the downturn in performance and energy levels that concern me at the moment. 2 points from 9 really should have been 5. But its not the points, its the performance but I know that NW will address it as I think its a man/team management issue as opposed to a lack of quality.

Exactly this, its not the lose or draws that are worrying its the way the team look and perform, a shadow of how they started the season. Fingers crossed its just a bump on the long road ahead.

Maybe the start was a flash in the pan, following an excellent pre season, and we are not going to be as strong as we first thought ???

I hope not but we look a shadow of the team we were a few weeks ago .......

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:21 am

Surprised by NW making just the 1 change. I've read quite a few in here criticising Bryson, but I thought he was our best player. The ground he covered was immense and his effort carried both Ralls and Gunnar.
Mixed feelings about big Ken. He had shit service and just chased lost balls. Needs Tomlin in there to feed him. Perhaps at the expense of Ralls or Gunnar. However, he constantly gets caught on his heels and he definitely doesn't make as much effort as he did a few weeks ago. I'd also give Jazz a start as he linked up well with Mendez.

My main gripe yesterday was NW's reluctance to change earlier. Giving Ward/Tomlin just 8 minutes of normal time. What the feck was that all about??? Changes should have been made start of 2nd half.

My team for Sunderland
Switch to 4-4-2

.....................Etheridge........................
Jazz.......Morrison.........Bamba.......Bennett
Mendez........Bryson.....Tomlin..........Hoilett
...................Ward.....Zohore..................

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 am

Think it's time we stopped shielding Zohore well marked etc a good striker will always find a way to out muscle out wit out pace a defence that's how they become household names and costly.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:58 am

I have seen nothing yet that would make me change my pre-season prediction. I do not believe for one minute that we will be close to an automatic promotion place in May, but I still think we will probably finish in the top 10, unlike the bookies who had us way lower than that before the season started. Possibly, with everything going our way, we may even scrape into the top 6, although I have a feeling this is less likely. Looks like another roller coaster ride for us, plenty of ups and downs, but unfortunately, I still see us playing Championship football next season.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Wednesday are a good side and I believe they will be fighting there at the play offs but that late goal changed us all as up until then people were leaving gutted but this is why I say don't leave early as I bet they are gutted missing that late goal as the atmosphere when Bamba scored was electric.

We lost to Preston and I was gutted however they battered Birmingham yesterday and Rednapp has gone and looking at Preston they are not an average team and could be up there and about we just need to concentrate on us and I agree with a few that maybe dropping Zohore for a game against Sunderland might wake him up a bit he didn't seem himself yesterday
he looked like the Zorhore we had on loan

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 pm

I will just end by saying, for me 2pts were lost and we need to win nearly all our home games.

So its on to struggling Sunderland and its a must win for City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Thought the midfield was non existent, also looks like zahore is low on confidence at the moment he needs a goal to get him going again :bluebird:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Willo Cardiff wrote:Thought the midfield was non existent, also looks like zahore is low on confidence at the moment he needs a goal to get him going again :bluebird:

I agree with both accounts and Warnock will work on Zohore and the Midfield this week, I'm sure he will :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Willo Cardiff wrote:Thought the midfield was non existent, also looks like zahore is low on confidence at the moment he needs a goal to get him going again :bluebird:

I agree with both accounts and Warnock will work on Zohore and the Midfield this week, I'm sure he will :thumbright: :bluebird:

:thumbright: