Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Sheffield Wednesday at home?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Neil Etheridge
1%
Lee Peltier
No votes
Sean Morrison
10%
Sol Bamba
28%
Joe Bennett
1%
Aron Gunnarsson
2%
Joe Ralls
6%
Craig Bryson
40%
Junior Hoilett
1%
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
6%
Kenneth Zohore
No votes
Liam Feeney (sub)
1%
Lee Tomlin (sub)
2%
Danny Ward (sub)
No votes

Total votes : 81

VOTE “ MOTM v Sheffield Wednesday (h) “

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Just managed to avoid a defeat in the last seconds of the match :ayatollah:

Who was your man of the match?

48 hours to vote :thumbright:

BBC7C957-7A00-46C3-8A75-678BEFDD72E2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: VOTE “ MOTM v Sheffield Wednesday (h) “

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Craig Bryson 100% :bluebird: :bluebird:

Great Debut :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Bryson definitely.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:30 pm

I thought Bryson was average at best. Ok it's his first game and I'm sure he'll improve but a bit like a headless chicken for me. Didn't put his foot on the ball and control anything.
Now Bannon the no10 for Wednesday is definitely a player! Outstanding.
Gunnar can't pass water, Ralls poor ... at a stretch I'm going Morrison.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Bamba by an absolute mile.

First to everything today. Can't think of 1 other player who played well. Mendez-Laing second half, maybe.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Bryson for mainly his performance in the first half,Some very poor displays today.Come on Warnock freshen things up a bit.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Jamba for me

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Bryson and Ralls first half, Ralls & Sol second....SO Ralls for me

Why oh why do we need Gunnars so deep ? Its like we are play 5 at the back.....He was carried in the first half, much better in the second when he was pushed up. Seems almost undroppable however many average performances he puts in.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:59 pm

bamba followed by bryson

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Bryson for me thought he was outstanding and non stop running. Ralls again played well and Bamba had a better 2nd half

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:36 pm

All about opinions personally I thought Bamber was poor today, Morrison got him out of jail a couple of times first half.

And the goal school boy error from Bamba he had the guy out on the touch line and should never have let him get the cross in.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Laing did ok, but Tomlin put Wednesday on the back foot.

Watched Zohore for long periods, could have just taken a photo.

For them, Barry Bannon...intelligent player, kept it on the deck.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:All about opinions personally I thought Bamber was poor today, Morrison got him out of jail a couple of times first half.

And the goal school boy error from Bamba he had the guy out on the touch line and should never have let him get the cross in.

I'm a Bamba fan but today he was awful, indeed our whole back 4 looked like a bunch of clowns at times. TBH this poll needs a 'not worth awarding' option as I can't think of anyone who deserves to be labelled MOM.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:All about opinions personally I thought Bamber was poor today, Morrison got him out of jail a couple of times first half.

I'm a Bamba fan but today he was awful, indeed our whole back 4 looked like a bunch of clowns at times. TBH this poll needs a 'not worth awarding' option as I can't think of anyone who deserves to be labelled MOM.

I put in a “not worth awarding” option for a match last season - I think it was Preston away, ironically - and I got slated for it by some people so decided not to do it again.

Always ask for people’s suggestions for the MOTM poll, and the majority clearly didn’t like that idea.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:19 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I put in a “not worth awarding” option for a match last season - I think it was Preston away, ironically - and I got slated for it by some people so decided not to do it again.

Always ask for people’s suggestions for the MOTM poll, and the majority clearly didn’t like that idea.

Fair enough :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:27 pm

I thought Mendez-Lang, Bryson and Bamber all put a good shift in but Bryson did it for me on his debut - good effort :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Bryson :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Our gain, Derby's loss Craig Bryson :bluebird:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:44 pm

I thought we were dreadful first half, and Bamba most of all seemed to up his game second half and got the equaliser.He weren't great but better then the rest imo

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Generally poor performance and really hard to pick anyone. Bamba just edged it. Bryson was okay, but nothing special. Warnock must pick Ward and Tomlin from the start to give us a boost. Sadly, Ken has lost his goal touch.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Thought Hoilett worked his socks off and 1st half was our only hope going forward.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Funny how people see things different, Bamba ans Bryson winning yet Annis picked out Bamba as struggling in the first half and a Bryson thread elsewhere saying he offers nothing expect running. That's why football is brilliant.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Bamba. The only other players who were decent other than him were Mendez, Ralls and Bryson the rest were poor and Peltier was absolutely dier think him and Zohore need to be benched for the next game.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:31 am

Unlike others I didn't think too much of Bryson today... I also thought Bamba had a poor first half, but stepped up massively in the second half. IMO gunners didn't stop all game and made a lot of tackles in the middle of the park, only player who looked like he really wanted us to bounce back from our first defeat at Preston in the first half! Zohore looked absolutely exhausted leading to the 65th-70th min and in my opinion he needs rest (already?). Also as a suggestion, would people really moan if you had "opposition player" as an option? Personally that would have got my vote today.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:48 am

Poor team performance first half,better in the second.Sol bamba and Mendez-Laing very good but for me it has to be Sean Morrison terrific in both boxes.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 am

Bryson is ten votes clear :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:05 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Bryson is ten votes clear :ayatollah:

question...

how often do players making their debut win this ?
i couldnt see a stand out performer ..they all worked hard,all kept going..
shocked anyone is a clear winner tbh..

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:10 am

That’s not a theme I’ve noticed to be honest.

I didn’t go so didn’t vote.

But I have a feeling a lot of people who don’t go to the match do vote, but follow whatever Annis says a lot of the time.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:05 pm

dogfound wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Bryson is ten votes clear :ayatollah:

question...

how often do players making their debut win this ?
i couldnt see a stand out performer ..they all worked hard,all kept going..
shocked anyone is a clear winner tbh..

Most of the team were mediocre, but for me Bryson had a good debut and was running everywhere :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: