Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"' Point gained or two lost ?

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:58 pm

with the way results went I think it could Be a important point gained ? joint top :lol:

Re: point gained or two lost ?

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm

After Tuesdays performance it was a point gained.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:10 pm

It's easy to say 2 points dropped but let's face it the way we played it's a point gained.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:10 pm

I think any points dropped at home are points lost. I suppose we will find out later in the season, but we will lose plenty more home points this season. Just hope we can make up for them with some good away wins.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:33 pm

at 16:50 it was definitely a point gained and two dropped by definite "top 6" Wednesday

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:27 pm

We were at home, so two points dropped

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We were at home, so two points dropped

We were playing the best team we have faced this season. Point gained. Wednesday reminded me of us in our promotion year - disruptive, kept possession well, stole a goal with very few chances and looked odds on to hang on for 1-0. This is a top 2 team in my opinion.

But we aren't far behind them and can look forward with confidence.

Re: "' Point gained or two lost ?

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:with the way results went I think it could Be a important point gained ? joint top :lol:

Before the game I'd say it was 2 points lost as I believe we should win our home games against teams like this.
Thought we were poor today so for me it's 2 points gained.

By the way Wez, nice to meet you today and whatever anyone says - you're much better looking than your pictures!
:lol:
;)

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Considering opposition and fact losing until last second its a point gained, unless people think we should win all home games regardless of opposition? :o

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:12 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:with the way results went I think it could Be a important point gained ? joint top :lol:

Before the game I'd say it was 2 points lost as I believe we should win our home games against teams like this.
Thought we were poor today so for me it's 2 points gained.

By the way Wez, nice to meet you today and whatever anyone says - you're much better looking than your pictures!
;)

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:15 pm

A point gained for me. We never looked like we were going to score just like away at Fulham. We are turning some of our (what would have been losses) into draws and utimaletely into points which is brilliant.

Although we would all love to...it's extremely unlikely we are going to win every game and that goes for every team. I thought the game against Burton away should have really been a draw but we turned it into a win! This is what the difference is now compared with last season and previous seasons! We somehow get the win or the draw and gain more points! I never in a million years expected us to win our first 5 games and we currently sit on the same points as Leeds and Wolves at the top of the table.

We are way above par in terms of where I'd thought we'd be at the start of the season - I would probably have said we would be approx 8-10th now. I expected games like the Preston away where we lost by a few goals and will expect more games like that over the course of the season. It will happen but it doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom, we just need to come back the next game and get something from it. I also expected games like these today...managing to get something from a game when we looked pretty knackered and off the ball. If we can carry on like this we will have more wins and draws coming our way and an exciting season. I'm very happy with our start and are over the moon that we are joint 1st,2nd and 3rd place on points. Onwards to Sunderland! :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 pm

theclaw wrote:It's easy to say 2 points dropped but let's face it the way we played it's a point gained.

Totally agree with this, as we've really dropped in form since the International break. Really wanted the win, but by the end was relieved we go the draw and 1 point.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 pm

two points lost

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:36 pm

NW says point gained wed manager says 2 points dropped all about perspective. :thumbup:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Wednesday were decent and we were very poor for most of the game. Definite point gained.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:41 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We were at home, so two points dropped

We were playing the best team we have faced this season. Point gained. Wednesday reminded me of us in our promotion year - disruptive, kept possession well, stole a goal with very few chances and looked odds on to hang on for 1-0. This is a top 2 team in my opinion.

But we aren't far behind them and can look forward with confidence.

We always say they are are the best team when we are playing a team, last week it was Fulham, well they lost to Burton today.
If you are serious about promotion, then after dropping 5 pts, u need to win your home game and that is the truth :thumbright:

If we beat struggling Sunderland then we have made up the two points dropped today :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:56 pm

in the grand scheme of things 2 points lost but on todays showing wednesday will be amongst the top 6 at the end of the season so a point was a worthwhile effort . they controlled the midfield with there silky one two's sucked in both our left / right backs and attacked the spaces behind to great effect especially in the first half . we certainly stepped up a gear after half time and with a bit of luck could have scored with 3 good efforts . might have been a different game if one of them went in .

looking at the results too what a result for burton and wurzels too . as for brum didn't think arry would last long . what a basket case of a club

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Being a goal down going into stoppage time it's definitely a point gained for me

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Definitely a point gain today :thumbright:

What was very disappointing was the realisation that we've taken a mere two points from the nine available in the last week! :(

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Two points lost, we were poor infront of goal, took to long, and we should have had a penalty ......

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 am

I felt like they were much the better side throughout the game, we played awful 1st half and they played really well, very very lucky to get a point, so definitely a point gained for me

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:55 am

We were poor infront of goal, but had twice as many shots as them, four times as many shots on goal, and twice as many corners, and a clear cut penalty not given, 2 points lost.

Here's the stats ........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41209774

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 pm

The way the game went, 1 gained Imo. This league is all about never giving up on a game and grinding the points out. We're still joint top, and a win at Sunderland will get us out of this slump and the momentum will be on our side again.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Playing a team on bad run can say points lost but Wed wasn't so with the manner of the goal its definitely a point gained. Besides isn't it a sign of a good team who played badly and didn't lose
Game :thumbup:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Definitely a point gained, we've had a brilliant start but I think our fans are quick to get ahead of themselves. For the money we've spent and the squad we've assembled we should be way behind other clubs, I'm happy to keep picking up points and adding to the tally. Sheff weds are a good team I'm sure they'll be right up there come the end of the season.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:38 pm

It has to be a point gained. Before the game we were on 16 points. After the game we are on 17 points. Simples. ;)

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:44 pm

The plus point is city got a last gasp goal to get a result, cant remember last time that happened, normally the other way around.