Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Gunnar undroppable ?

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Not sure where Morrison was for their goal but yet again Gunnar got done.

Gunnar has had one decent game this season but seems undroppable even though he is one of the few who played over the international break. He has been vastly improved since Warnock arrived but for me this season he hasn't been on it.
I just don't think he has the mobility to play in this seasons set up.

Is it time to give him a rest ?

I know he has legend status on here, so i expect abuse ;)

Re: Is Gunnar undroppable ?

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:30 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Not sure where Morrison was for their goal but yet again Gunnar got done.

Gunnar has had one decent game this season but seems undroppable even though he is one of the few who played over the international break. He has been vastly improved since Warnock arrived but for me this season he hasn't been on it.

Not from me.
The guy can't pass water I'm sick of him giving the ball away. Sits too deep as well.
Take him out for a game or two and freshen things up.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:32 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Not sure where Morrison was for their goal but yet again Gunnar got done.

No abuse from me - I agree that he needs to be let's say "rested" rather than "dropped".

I think I'm right in saying he's played every minute of every game for us this season as well as two games for Iceland so if anybody can have a genuine claim to be "jaded" then it's him.

Has been part of a midfield that has been comprehensively outplayed in the last three matches.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:58 pm

While I like Gunner I dont think he is anywhere near as good as some people make out. He is good at putting himself about I dont think he actually wins the ball enough. I still think he is worth his place as I dont think we have anyone to come in and replace him.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi Nat could be rested but Peltier was to blame for their goal. Bamba had to come across to cover and left the gap

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:27 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Hi Nat could be rested but Peltier was to blame for their goal. Bamba had to come across to cover and left the gap

Admittedly all 11 players were crap but Peltier needs to be mentioned in dispatches for his non-contribution to just about everything. He was at fault for the goal, again offered nothing going forward and why the f**k does he take free-kicks which double up as catching practice for their keeper?

Total and utter shit and if one player needs to be jettisoned in January its that load of crap.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Hi Nat could be rested but Peltier was to blame for their goal. Bamba had to come across to cover and left the gap

Admittedly all 11 players were crap but Peltier needs to be mentioned in dispatches for his non-contribution to just about everything. He was at fault for the goal, again offered nothing going forward and why the f**k does he take free-kicks which double up as catching practice for their keeper?

Total and utter shit and if one player needs to be jettisoned in January its that load of crap.

Never been a Peltier fan myself. Doesn't offer enough.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Not sure who was at fault. But that goal was scored because their player just wandered straight through our midfield! Said at the time they'll score.

It's like we let them have the ball first half. Second half was so much better!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Can't believe there's so much criticism tonight.

We were the better side today - look at the stats 16-8 shots, 8-2 on target against one of the divisions top sides.
It the goal had come 10 minutes earlier we would have won.

It might have if we'd had a bit of luck or a decision our way

Lots of character shown to keep it going until the 84 th minute.

17 points from 8 games , mostly against top hslf teams.

We aren't going to steamroller everyone.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Not sure who was at fault. But that goal was scored because their player just wandered straight through our midfield! Said at the time they'll score.

Their lad got to run 30-40 yards unchallenged, not sure who was with him, but he should have been put under pressure or even fouled. They did it enough

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Not sure who was at fault. But that goal was scored because their player just wandered straight through our midfield! Said at the time they'll score.

Gunnar was far too deep in the first half, he was almost in between the centre halfs.

He naturally drifts into his Iceland position as a DM, but we don't need a DM and we are not Iceland !!!!

He came to us a CM and i still think its his best position. He is not technical or defensively good enough to be effective in a double pivot (4231).

In this formation at home, he is our problem. Teams are not going to let the front 3 have lots of grass to run into, so drop off. With 5 players in front of him he needs to be accurate with his passing, this has never been his strength, he can't lob the ball into a zone behind the full backs and centre half like we did in our first 5 games. We have been sussed.

I wouldn't mind to see us line up in a 442 against Leeds and play him as a traditional CM and let him get up the field a bit.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Exactly what I say,he is dreadful at free kicks,i don't get it.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:18 pm

On technical ability for our midfield he is the worst player I have seen for us for someone who is highly rated.. can't fault his effort.. he is a gutsy player and people have to accept that, his passing his woeful and he has a good shot on him once every 20 games.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:14 am

Jesus christ. Peltier is a solid full back, he's had a couple of bad games but one of our most consistent performers and we should sell him?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:59 am

At times Peltier was playing center half and Mendez laing was playing at right back, also at times he was in midfield, found all that really strange, no wonder Laing could not get forward :thumbup:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:25 am

Lawnmower wrote:

Their lad got to run 30-40 yards unchallenged, not sure who was with him, but he should have been put under pressure or even fouled. They did it enough

Morrison stepped out to him then seemed to lose interest when the ball was played out to their left and jogged aimlessly..not sure where all our midfielders had gone

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Since Warnock came.despite one or two off says. I think Gunnar has been very good actually

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:55 pm

dogfound wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Morrison stepped out to him then seemed to lose interest when the ball was played out to their left and jogged aimlessly..not sure where all our midfielders had gone

Bryson half tracked the lad who came out with the ball, Morrison then came out to him and yes he didn't get back into the box, but he wouldn't have anyway. It almost seemed like our players didn't sense the danger.
Quite a few were standing and watching.

Peltier was caught out completely

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:57 pm

dogfound wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Bryson half tracked the lad who came out with the ball, Morrison then came out to him and yes he didn't get back into the box, but he wouldn't have anyway. It almost seemed like our players didn't sense the danger.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:01 pm

dogfound wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 pm

No chance what so ever. Gunnar was to blame, him being out of position caused Morrison to close the player down.
He then left the player who crossed the ball 1v1 to get the cross in. Pelts couldn't dive in otherwise a pen and red card (already booked).
And that then left Gunnar to try and out head a player. Who if Morrison was marking (like he should have been) would have giving him a hard task to score.

100% gunnarson to blame for the goal.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Can't believe what i'm reading! Gunnar is never going to be a Messi. He's the grit in your teeth type of player who does things that people obviously don't appreciate. He's probably deservedly the first name on the team sheet and i'd be disappointed if he was dropped.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Bryson..?..could have stopped that attack before it became one.
your correct about Morrison, he stepped out which made van aken pass left..and no he wouldnt have got back. but he looked temporarily lost.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:54 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

No chance what so ever. Gunnar was to blame, him being out of position caused Morrison to close the player down.
He then left the player who crossed the ball 1v1 to get the cross in. Pelts couldn't dive in otherwise a pen and red card (already booked).
And that then left Gunnar to try and out head a player. Who if Morrison was marking (like he should have been) would have giving him a hard task to score.

100% gunnarson to blame for the goal.

watch it again...Gunner was with his man..its Brysons inability to sprint 10yards to cut off van Aken strolling out of his own half that causes Morrison to step out..
pelts couldnt dive in.?..he was caught way out of position and was at no point within 20 yards of the ball...it was Bamba out at right back.{who should also have done better } and then Gunner lost his man for the header...
as poor a goal as ive seen against us..