Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEWS “ CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER LEAVES TONIGHT “

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:45 pm

BBC

Birmingham City have parted company with manager Harry Redknapp after suffering six straight defeats in all competitions.

The 70-year-old took charge of the club with three games remaining last term, winning the final two games to avoid relegation on the final day.

The former Tottenham and Portsmouth boss then signed a one-year deal to stay on as Blues boss in May.

The Championship club signed 14 players during the summer transfer window.

Re: BREAKING NEWS “ CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER LEAVES TONIGHT “

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Costly mistake for Brum

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Spent millions over the summer and yet again leaves a club in arguably a much worse position than when he took it over.

When the going gets tough, Harry gets going - on his bike!

Bet he's negotiated a nice fat pay-off too.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Costly mistake for Brum

I believe it could be, Luke...and to make it worse for Birmingham, Roy Hodgson is now taken! :thumbright: :laughing6:

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 pm

They should never have sacked Gary Rosetta,weren't they 6 th at the time?Zola now redknapp have done nothing,no in fact they 've taken the club backwards

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:44 pm

caerblue wrote:They should never have sacked Gary Rowett,weren't they 6 th at the time?Zola now redknapp have done nothing,no in fact they 've taken the club backwards

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:05 pm

it was only ever going to be a short term appointment for harry and birmingham. is this harry's last managerial job in football? you would have thought so.

4 points from 8 games is a very poor start to the season. it clearly now looks like a terrible decision to get rid of rowett, but its a decent job to come into for someone. there are plenty of good managers out of work and they need to get this appointment right.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 pm

And to think they were up there as the bookies favourites to go up purely because of Harry.

Comedy gold.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 am

caerblue wrote:They should never have sacked Gary Rosetta,weren't they 6 th at the time?Zola now redknapp have done nothing,no in fact they 've taken the club backwards

A lot of comparisons between us and Birmingham here.

After we sacked Malky we brought in OLE a big name like Zola/Redknapp. Like Ole they between them have brought in a number of new faces. The results have been very similar, a total breakdown on the field. A number of us believed we should have kept Malky and it would not surprise me if a number of Birmingham fans are saying the same about Rowett.

Whoever comes in has the same problem as Slade and that being a squad of new players that have hardly worked with each other. If Birmingham go down which must be on the Brums minds then I wonder if some of us who knocked Slade will think he did a better job than they first thought.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:56 am

Sven wrote:

I believe it could be, Luke...and to make it worse for Birmingham, Roy Hodgson is now taken! :thumbright: :laughing6:

Woy will probably soon be available though Chris!
:lol:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:36 am

Apart from Southampton 20-30 years ago can someone remind me what Harry Rednap has done and why clubs keep employing him?

I hope Birmingham stay up, always a nice away trip and some good fans.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:53 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

He will...I give him four games at the rate he started Paul! :thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:49 am

Sven wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

He will...I give him four games at the rate he started Paul! :thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes with playing man c man u away & Chelsea + ncastle Next 4 games! :laughing6:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:22 pm

One of the biggest championship clangers in recent memory sacking Rowett who was doing a very fine job with no budget whatsoever.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Wasted £14m Says got 7 forwards who will be best in championship! No wonder losing games with that many forwards probably only got 1 defender ? :laughing6: