Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bryson

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:52 pm

He did ok and worked hard but what did he actually do?
He never put his foot on the ball and controlled anything, never dictated the game in any way, hardly linked up play and and to my memory never created anything.

Don't get me wrong, it's his first start and I'm sure he'll get better but I just can't see the 100% MOM type of thing some people are saying
If you want a player who did all the above today look no further than Bannon the Wednesday no10.

Re: Bryson

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:55 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:He did ok and worked hard but what did he actually do?
He never put his foot on the ball and controlled anything, never dictated the game in any way, hardly linked up play and and to my memory never created anything.

Don't get me wrong, it's his first start and I'm sure he'll get better but I just can't see the 100% MOM type of thing some people are saying
If you want a player who did all the above today look no further than Bannon the Wednesday no10.

Same here I'm baffled why he supposed to have had such a great game. IMO he did very little and his passing was awful. Tomlin looked a much better option when he came on and surly must get his chance soon.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:57 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:He did ok and worked hard but what did he actually do?

He didn't fcuk anything up like the other 9 (i thought Ralls was carrying us) were trying to do in the first half.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Same here I'm baffled why he supposed to have had such a great game. IMO he did very little and his passing was awful. Tomlin looked a much better option when he came on and surly must get his chance soon.

He just did very little except run around a bit like O'Keefe in stature as well.
Tomlin is very creative and I think Zahore (and the rest of the team) are crying out for that type of player right now.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:04 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

He didn't fcuk anything up like the other 9 (i thought Ralls was carrying us) were trying to do in the first half.

No argument about the rest of the team I can't think of one I would nominate for MOM.

However, Bryson was a bad as everyone else he was a huge disappointment.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:07 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

He just did very little except run around a bit like O'Keefe in stature as well.
Tomlin is very creative and I think Zahore (and the rest of the team) are crying out for that type of player right now.

Tomlin looked "portly" to me. Has he even got 60 mins in him ?

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Using O'Keefe as a comparison is an excellent way to describe his contribution. As you say he did a lot of running about but contributed very little in the way of creativity because he couldn't pass the ball to a teammate accurately.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

We'll never find out unless he is given a game. :D

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:13 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

Didn't you read that quote from Tomlin where he said that he wasn't fat, he just had "protruding ribs" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to use that one next time someone calls me a fat b*stard!

Bryson needs to get used to the way we play and probably needs games to get fitter but did seem to be a bit like a headless chicken today.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:26 pm

I thought Bryson was our best player especially first half.He's gonna be a real star this season,great engine.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 pm

theclaw wrote:I thought Bryson was our best player especially first half.He's gonna be a real star this season,great engine.

Agree I thought he carried gunner and ralls today ;2nd half he shadowed bannan and shed Wednesday disnt look in it ,decent game and he will come good

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

I thought the same, he ran around a lot but that was it. There was no real support or link up play going forward, we looked liked we were missing something through the middle especially when they attacked. It is early days and hopefully he will come good, but overall nobody stood out after the high standards they had set in the first few games.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:16 am

llan bluebird wrote:

There's only one way to find out and that's giving him a chance.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:17 am

nubbsy wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

There's only one way to find out and that's giving him a chance.

Jack, I agree and (excuse the portly pun) I thought he 'beefed' up the attack when he came on! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:05 am

davids wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

Didn't you read that quote from Tomlin where he said that he wasn't fat, he just had "protruding ribs" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to use that one next time someone calls me a fat b*stard!

Bryson needs to get used to the way we play and probably needs games to get fitter but did seem to be a bit like a headless chicken today.

I don't get this needs to get fitter comment. He's been playing and scored for Derby the weekend before joining us. He wasn't very good today but, having been around the Championship a fair bit its common knowledge he's very decent player. Hopefully soon we'll start seeing the performances that made the Derby fans sad to see him go.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:13 am

It just shows how little some people know about football, Bryson was excellent today, I knw its all about opinions, but how anyone cannot have been impressed with him today, must have watched a different game to me :thumbup:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:21 am

For Bryson read Don Cowie.
Give him 2 months and you won't realise how much work he gets through till he's not there.
He did all the sweeping up and little things well. So well you don't notice.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 am

To me you can see a player or not pretty quickly. He is a top level championship player.

The problem we have is we have a front 3 who all want to face goal, so we need a genuine passer in the midfield 3. Tomlin should be that guy, but he'll be another Whitts for the boo boys to have a go at. He will "get stuck in", but his mobility will always be an issue. In a midfield 3 this will be an problem especially, if we play the limited mobility of Gunnar as well. Ralls or A.N.Other will have to run their nuts off just to cover. This won't go.

Warnock needs to play with the balance of the midfield (story of the last five years). We haven't really played a bottom half team at home (never thought Villa would be there :lol: ) so it will be interesting if he doesn't opt for Gunnars stability and goes for the passing ability of Ralls,Tomlin and Bryson..

One thing is we now have a squad of different talents.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:48 am

I thought he was ok but nothing great He was better than Ralls and Gunnar thou . For me he did not press as much as Damour and put the opposition under enough pressure I would like to see him when the rest of the midfield are playing well to really judge him .

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Igovernor wrote:It just shows how little some people know about football, Bryson was excellent today, I knw its all about opinions, but how anyone cannot have been impressed with him today, must have watched a different game to me :thumbup:

MOM be fucked..im sure its him half heartedly chassing van Aken when he breaks foward..others were at fault for that goal too..but if he puts a bit more effort in van Aken gets rid of the ball in his own half..
its his first game and overall he was ok but MOM no.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:I thought he was ok but nothing great He was better than Ralls and Gunnar thou . For me he did not press as much as Damour and put the opposition under enough pressure I would like to see him when the rest of the midfield are playing well to really judge him .

Damour would have stifled that attack 60yards before it hit the net.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:07 am

dogfound wrote:
Igovernor wrote:It just shows how little some people know about football, Bryson was excellent today, I knw its all about opinions, but how anyone cannot have been impressed with him today, must have watched a different game to me :thumbup:

MOM be fucked..im sure its him half heartedly chassing van Aken when he breaks foward..others were at fault for that goal too..but if he puts a bit more effort in van Aken gets rid of the ball in his own half..

Apparently you don't know anything about football mate and neither does grange end blue

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 am

dogfound wrote:

Spot on, a huge gap he strolled into. Not sure what Morrison was doing too, I doubt if he does either.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:58 am

I know enough about football to understand the idea is to pass the ball to a teammate and not the opposition. Bryson failed to do that time and again on Saturday.

So what was that comment again about 'how little some people know about football?' :laughing6:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 am

NorthGwentBlues wrote:For Bryson read Don Cowie.
Give him 2 months and you won't realise how much work he gets through till he's not there.
He did all the sweeping up and little things well. So well you don't notice.

I have missed a lot of players over the years when they have either left or been long term injured but I can honestly say Don Cowie has never been one of them. :?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 am

Seems you are in the minority on this board
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=188187

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 am

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Apparently you don't know anything about football mate and neither does grange end blue

Nice one Nubbsy :thumbup:

I really hate it when a poster comes out with that over abused phrase of "how little some people know about football" :roll: It's pathetic and basically reveals that the poster has no evidence to substantiate their view.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:11 am

Igovernor wrote:Seems you are in the minority on this board
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=188187

Seems you don't have an understanding of the word minority either, There are 41 votes for players other than Bryson who has received 32. So Bryson has the most votes but the majority of voters think he wasn't MOM. :D

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:13 am

Really? pedantic comes to mind

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:29 am

I've got to be honest, that's a pretty pathetic statement.

I'm sure he'll come good given a run of games.