Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Was Bamba Offside

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Just watched the goal several times was he offside, looked close to me

Re: Was Bamba Offside

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Not for me, he was level when Tomlin’s free kick came in and slightly behind the defender when the ball across goal came in.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:09 pm

The ref would've ignored the lino anyway. He did most of the the game.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:19 am

The guy with his hand up highest claiming off-side was the one who kept Sol on-side! :thumbright: :lol:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:44 am

He was in an offside position but not interfering with play when Tomlin shot ,but when Westwood pushed back out to NML this was then a second phase of play so not offside unless you are talking about from NML shot then he was level with their player anyway

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:12 pm

I thought he was offside, Bamba was marginally in front when the free kick was taken and he was marginally in front when Mendez-Laing crossed it. I would be absolutely fuming if I was a Sheffield Wednesday fan, but we've had enough decisions going against us and we were due a lucky break.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I thought he was offside, Bamba was marginally in front when the free kick was taken and he was marginally in front when Mendez-Laing crossed it. I would be absolutely fuming if I was a Sheffield Wednesday fan, but we've had enough decisions going against us and we were due a lucky break.

Bamba position when Tomlin shot is irrelevant as when Westwood parried it to NML became a second phase so he's not offside from the initial shot(even though he was standing in an offside position on the initial shot),if he had parried it to Bamba however he would have been offside as that would have been the 1st phase still, I think he was level when NML then shot

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:11 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I thought he was offside, Bamba was marginally in front when the free kick was taken and he was marginally in front when Mendez-Laing crossed it. I would be absolutely fuming if I was a Sheffield Wednesday fan, but we've had enough decisions going against us and we were due a lucky break.

Bamba position when Tomlin shot is irrelevant as when Westwood parried it to NML became a second phase so he's not offside from the initial shot(even though he was standing in an offside position on the initial shot),if he had parried it to Bamba however he would have been offside as that would have been the 1st phase still, I think he was level when NML then shot

But Bamba gained an unfair advantage by being offside from Tomlin's free kick. It's the same attack so you can argue it's the same phase of play.

Someone posted a side angle view on one of the Cardiff City Facebook pages and Bamba is marginally ahead of Mendez-Laing when he crosses it. You can tell with the cut of the grass on the pitch. I'm not complaining one bit though!

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:26 am

Don't care - he scored, we equalised - job done :thumbup: