Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Today's Ref

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Bloody dreadful in every respect.

Re: Today's Ref

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Lee Probert. Always seems to be dreadful.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Brezza wrote:Bloody dreadful in every respect.

He's always shit, at least one of them was a penalty !!!!!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:49 pm

We went down a bit too easily today..... I don't think any were pens

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Ref today, bus trip last Tuesday. Next time we will have to get something from our book of excuses volume 2. We are using the same one too many times now.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:44 pm

Accept we went down a few times. But he was still shit. The one handball he missed in open play in front of his eyes was unbelievable. We have had some corners this year. But in first place at the moment on my ref scoring chart was the plonker in charge of the QPR game - beyond belief.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Brezza wrote:Accept we went down a few times. But he was still shit. The one handball he missed in open play in front of his eyes was unbelievable. We have had some corners this year. But in first place at the moment on my ref scoring chart was the plonker in charge of the QPR game - beyond belief.

All down to opinions. I usually read the forums of whoever we just played, and invariably they say exactly the same thing. If we win the fans of our opponents will blame the ref, and if we lose we blame the ref. Usually evens itself out through the season. Sometimes we just have to hold our hands up and say we just did not deserve anything more than we got, although I agree there are the odd games where the ref may have cost us points. There are also games where the ref has missed something that has worked to our advantage. Come the end of the season, we will finish where we deserve to finish based mainly on how good or bad we were, rather than how good or bad the refs have been.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:17 am

Brezza wrote:Bloody dreadful in every respect.

Couldn't agree more. The number of fouls on Zohore that went unpenalised was incredible! Exactly the opposite of the ref we had at Fulham last week - who blew up for everything! :oops:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:22 am

First half he seemed to give them everything, 2nd half he favoured us.

However poor Morrison never gets one decision, seems every game he's pushed, tugged, rugby tackled and doesn't get a thing. At one point he jumped and won a header near the opposition box and a Sheff defender came in late to him and clattered into him, but came off worse and the ref gave the free kick to them.

2 good penalty shouts today, one which was nailed on.
Big decisions went against him at Fulham too - and Newcastle last season.

Overall a point was about fair, although it was a game of 2 halves and we actually created a lot more chances than them

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:22 am

The linesman Ninian side was also dreadful.
The blatant wrong throw was so funny as he stood there not knowing which way to give it and relied on the ref.
Seemed to take an age for the decision.
The blatant handball on the edge of our penalty area was diabolical.
Easily could have been a goal for Wed.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 am

Ok, I'll be Billy no mates here........... I thought he was very good! Not fussy, kept out of the limelight. Yes perhaps a couple of penalty shouts, but he was ok. Agree that Simon Hooper ( ref for QPR game I think) made more errors on the bigger decisions. Worst, most incompetent ref ever is David Coote, closely followed by Oliver Langford ( not that Langford was to blame for our PNE defeat)

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:45 am

Ok, I'll be Billy no mates here........... I thought he was very good! Not fussy, kept out of the limelight. Yes perhaps a couple of penalty shouts, but he was ok. Agree that Simon Hooper ( ref for QPR game I think) made more errors on the bigger decisions. Worst, most incompetent ref ever is David Coote, closely followed by Oliver Langford ( not that Langford was to blame for our PNE defeat)

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Ok, I'll be Billy no mates here........... I thought he was very good! Not fussy, kept out of the limelight. Yes perhaps a couple of penalty shouts, but he was ok. Agree that Simon Hooper ( ref for QPR game I think) made more errors on the bigger decisions. Worst, most incompetent ref ever is David Coote, closely followed by Oliver Langford ( not that Langford was to blame for our PNE defeat)

The refs have a difficult job to do, with players constantly trying to con them, and split second decisions having to be made without the advantage of numerous slow motion replays. Like players, some refs have off days, and reading this forum those off days only usually affect us in a negative way, and our opponents always benefit whereas we always lose out. In truth, sometimes it works to our advantage, sometimes not. By the time May comes around, we will finish where we deserve to finish irrespective of refereeing decisions, as will every other team.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sick of hearing about refs. A bunch of people around me yesterday constantly moaning about him.
Someone on here every week blaming the ref for something or other
Get over it and get on with it.

:sleepy2: