‘ZOHORE NOT TO BLAME’

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ZOHORE NOT TO BLAME’

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:55 pm

‘ZOHORE NOT TO BLAME’ – NEIL WARNOCK DEFENDS CARDIFF STRIKER FOLLOWING 1-1 OWLS DRAW

Sunday 17th September 2017

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has defended his star striker Kenneth Zohore, despite the big forward drawing a blank in yesterday’s 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday.

Neil Warnock the former Sheffield United and QPR manager was quick to jump to the defence of Zohore, who endured a frustrating afternoon against a resolute Sheffield Wednesday defence.

“Well, he’s been marked tightly,” explained Warnock. “He’s always doubled up.”

“When we’re not on the front foot, he gets very little service so you’ve got to look deeper than that. I thought midfield was at fault first half for that. I thought the full-backs could have pushed on more.

“It epitomised what could have been when he won the header on free-kick on the edge of the box rather than 20 yards outside it. “

The Bluebirds relied on a last gasp equaliser from Sol Bamba to rescue the point they arguably deserved against the Owls, who had led through a goal from Gary Hooper in the first half.

Cardiff and Warnock have made a tremendous start to life in the Championship this season and have sat in the top two until yesterday, when Wolves dislodged them by winning at Nottingham Forest.
Attachments
zohoree55-800x504.jpg
zohoree55-800x504.jpg (83.43 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

‘ZOHORE NOT TO BLAME’

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ZOHORE NOT TO BLAME’

Postby SwampCCFC » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:12 pm

he didnt get a huge amount of service, but he still had chances to put in other players at times, and lacked quality (or just panicked).

certainly not one of his better days.
SwampCCFC

Postby Scoularfan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:01 pm

Well other teams know him now,he is gonna have to deal with it
Scoularfan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:58 am

Scoularfan wrote:Well other teams know him now,he is gonna have to deal with it

Exactly this.
Typical second season syndrome!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:13 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Exactly this.

Yep! It'll make or break him and with our current manager and some pretty strong characters on and off the pitch, Kenneth Zohore will get to grips with his role! :thumbright:

He just needs to make that final decision a little more wisely (a few lay-offs rather than wild attempts at goal that turned into counter-attacks) would have seen him viewed a lot better against Sheffield Wednesday :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 am

Sven wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Exactly this.

Yep! It'll make or break him and with our current manager and some pretty strong characters on and off the pitch, Kenneth Zohore will get to grips with his role! :thumbright:

He just needs to make that final decision a little more wisely (a few lay-offs rather than wild attempts at goal that turned into counter-attacks) would have seen him viewed a lot better against Sheffield Wednesday :ayatollah:

I think he'll get to grips with it as well Chris.
He is very isolated a lot of the time though. I'd like to see Tomlin or Ward play and get a bit closer to him.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat